Marshall To Dolphins For 2nd Rounder

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 14, 2010.

1. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Meh, this is why having the best cover corner in the game pays dividends.

2. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

Will he be bringing a football to get autographed by these other top receivers while he is on the island?

[​IMG]

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't think anybody is denying that. But you guys are making a huge investment in a high risk/high reward type of player. I guess u had to do something to keep up with our off-season acq's.

Personally, I'm not worried about him because we have a guy named Revis who's pretty good that can cover him. Who's opposite him? Hartline/Bess vs Cro? You got better, but not better to compete against our secondary really. Fasano sucks, and RR is returning from (another?) knee injury.

4. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Please, show me this hypocrisy.

5. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Valid point. Can't expect objectivity on a rivals board that's for sure. I personally think Holmes was a very good move. Low risk, High reward.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Homerism? I call it reality. I would think most Jets fans think this is a good deal for Miami, I would also think that most Jets fans aren't too scared by this either. For one thing Miami is a hell of alot farther from contention than a WR, another is we have a guy by the name of Darrelle Revis who makes the best Wrs in the game look like high school players.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

And it's why we need to lock him up long term after the season.

8. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

This is precisely what I'm talking about. Revis is not going to stop the whole offense whether you want to believe it or not. Cromartie has been average at best since his fluke year, and we're still a running team. Marshall just opens up the offense a whole lot more, especially the running game.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

2008 Marshall vs Revis
    5 catches - 55 yds, 0 TDs.

10. EnigmatiC

EnigmatiC Member

It cracks me up when someones team makes a big trade they rush over to rival message boards looking for approval or hoping to see fans quivering in fear LOL. I'm not saying we don't have people over here who do that I just find it comical.

11. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

Enough said... and btw that was with Cutler as the Qb too

12. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

He's a good pickup and will make the Dolphins better. I don't think anyone denies that. We'll see what happens on the field.

13. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

I'm not ecstatic about this trade, that's for sure. I've been talkign shit about Marshall for the longest time, hopefully he proves me wrong. Also, this really has nothing to do with the Jets offseason acquisitions. We've known we needed a #1 WR for quite a while now. I'll easily take our offseason over yours. Hartline proven last year he's a very good player who's going to be a very good #2. Bess as we all know is a good player and an excellent slot guy. Cro? What about him? Can't say I'm scared of an average corner.

14. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

And under a Bob Sutton read and react scheme which left holes all over the field. And who's to say how many of those yards and catches Revis actually gave up, he was routinely rotated all over the field under Sutton.

15. ........

........ Trolls

Holy shit. Highest paid receiver in the NFL. There is no way in hell they keep Brown now.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Cromartie's better in man coverage, which he'll be in with us. He wasn't most of the time with the Chargers. Is he a good tackler? No, admittedly. Hje'll excel facing the #2 guys.

17. ........

........ Trolls

With one fewer early pick to spend on defensive personnel. I'm guessing you go after Williams now since you can't spend that 2nd on a NT. Of course, with Brown gone after this season at the latest, it also would have been nice to have that 2nd so you could address the impending hole at RB, since Ricky is aging. Let's not make the mistake of thinking that you suddenly don't have any holes thanks to Marshall OR that you're in a better position to address those holes.

18. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

Remember ya'll saying the same thing about Lito Sheppard. Just saying.

19. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Great addition for them unless he gets suspended. They paid a fair price for him I guess. But like a majority of everyone here, I'm not worried Revis Christ will shut him down.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It's been known u guys were on the market for a wideout, but it took u guys this long to pull the trigger on Marshall. Let's face it, most of, if not all of, the Miami fan base was pissing and moaning when they woke up to the news that the Jets traded a 5th for Holmes. Hell, the entire league was shocked. So the Fins FO had to do something. I'm most confident Cro will shadow Hartline/Bess in this man-to-man scheme Ryan has here. That is, if Henne has enough time to throw the pass off once we add a pass-rusher or a DE that helps collapse the pocket.

But this is all on-paper stuff of course. Next year will be fun to watch.

Edit: By the way, if you're not scared of an average corner, we're not scared of average receivers. So, that matchup cancels each other out. Revis will neutralize Marshall. In fact, this will help Revis focus on 1 guy that entire game, making his preparation even easier for him. Unlike last year where he was all over the field since u didn't have a true #1.

#160 rmagedon, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010