Darren Sharper wants to be a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanatic389, Apr 13, 2010.

1. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

Im confused.. is this sarcasm or are you being serious.. i really can't tell..

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Stop w/ the BS, it's common sense watching and listening to his interviews. Whether he comes here or not I don't know but clearly he has been throwing around hints about playing for us.

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Well, I guess if the FS blew it and cost you the game in the conference championship, that would technically fit here.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

exactly i've seen him on 3 different shows saying different things about him liking the jets, and he would have fun in Rex's defense.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm sorry, but the thought of having a pass rusher like Taylor and an experienced/elite FS like Sharper join our 2010 defense makes me really excited. I think that would definitely challenge the 2000 Ravens defense.

6. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

I thought the Taylor love had passed.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't think we would challenge the 2000 Ravens defense. They had studs every where

DL - McCrary, Adams, Siragusa, Burnett
    LB - Boulware, Lewis, Sharper
    CB - Starks, McAlister
    S - Herring, Rod Woodson

The only group I think we're better than the 2000 Ravens in is our Corners. Adding Taylor and Sharper would make our defense closer but not nearly on the same level.

8. ........

........ Trolls

So now YOU are speculating that he wants to come "maybe as a last option." So, the Jets are his 32nd choice of teams in the league? That's an awfully large jump from the initial assertion that he'd like to play here. Especially when you consider OTHER comments he's made this offseason, such as:

9. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

if you cant tell then it proves why you cant tell hes interested in the jets. no one is saying he wouldnt go back to NO but he damn sure has made it clear that he would have no problem joining gang green.

10. franzman9

franzman9 Member

damn that girl he is with is hot as hell.......

and yes, he really wants to come to New York

11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Are you kidding me?

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Jenkins, Taylor, Pace, Harris, Scott, Revis, Cromartie, Sharper definitely stack up, and are arguably better in some cases, to their counterparts.

That's everyone but the defensive ends and a safety. Ellis, Leonhard, and a 1st round DE are certainly in the same conversation as McCrary, Herring, and Burnett.

That lineup would absolutely be in the mix for best D ever.

13. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Assuming they play well. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 4 shutouts, around 165 points and a SB ring later, we can get into the discussion.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

It's a shame the TT closed down; because it would be perfect for someone like NYJ JD right now.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Agreed. We need the TT forum back.

16. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

you serious?.. can someone explain the hate right now?.. someone posts a video with sharper to to TMZ.. he says we are a FS away from dominance.. and then all hell breaks loose about how he wants to come here..

give me a break.. you need a trash talking forum to tell me how you really feel??.. is it that harsh your afraid of getting banned.. ha.. didn't think any of my posts would piss anyone off..

especially you UB.. didn't really comment on anything u said the whole time..

17. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

that comment at the bottom is worth speculation..Where he SAYS HE IS A FIT IN NY.. but I didn't see that.. only this video.. so thanks for actually showing me what ppl were tlkin about.. instead of random general statements about how someone saw him on a show..

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He said the Jets are one FS away from the Super Bowl.
    Darren Sharper plays FS.

How do you not get that?

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I've pretty much disliked you and your yapper since your first post here. I usually just avoid you. This time I felt like commenting.

20. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

dude really.. what about the fact that FS is really the only position we are lacking at on defense for next year.. cause that is a fact.. do we need work at OLB.. yeah but we have a draft coming up where we can address that with our first pick..

everywhere else, we might not have great depth.. but we have solid players.. yous are just looking into things too much..