Darren Sharper wants to be a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanatic389, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Ok I finally saw the video here:
    examiner.com/x-13590-New-Orleans-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m4d13-Darren-Sharper-hooks-up-with-Dollicia-Bryan-and-says-NFL-needs-more-black-quarterbacksVIDEO

(URL edited becasue I don't have 50 posts yet - how lame.)

1) The girl's name he is with is Dollicia Bryan.

2) The girl who made him pause was NOT cute.

3) According to the Saints forums Sharper respnoded to the video via twitter and had this to say:
    "come on gossip sites...get your facts straight. @reggie_bush i know how you feeling bro. cant even go out these days. see ya at spot tonight"

4) The Examiner called our team the New Jersey Jets. :(

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Where do they play, practice and live, again?
    If he really wants to play for the Jets(something he keeps insinuating with his comments) and thinks he has a better shot at another ring in New York than New Orleans then I doubt $370,000 is going to mean THAT much to him.

#22 CatoTheElder, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I wonder if the Jets would offer 1.5 mil and a secret under the table advertising gig to a player for a couple million if it got them to sign. Probably illegal but worth a try.

"Darren, we can only offer you 1.2, but Gillette will give you 3 million over the next 2 years if you do a commercial or two."

4. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

overrated. his interceptions were inflated this season with the QBs he faced. and thats the thing, he always goes for the turnover, he is primarily responsible for 4th and 26th.

5. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

lol so what? they are called NEW YORK! NY's real estate is just too expensive.

#25 Pluvrr, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really? "They're loading up to make a nice run, I think they're only a FS away" Sounds to me like he said he'd wanna play here.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Hey Darren wait til July 22nd. We will be here.

"I think they 1 free safety away from a Superbowl win"

8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Even if that's true, he's better than any #2 or 3 corner and at 1.5M would be good depth and insurance.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's been throwing out hints all offseason about wanting to play for us.

10. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

no.. sounds to me like he said "they're only a FS away".. I hate speculation bullshit.. so Darren FUCKING Sharper.. is going to be leaving hints about where he wants to spend the rest of his career.. on TMZ.. absolutely.. i don't know what i was thinking..

11. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

Really?.. because except for ppl on this board.. not really sure I have heard anything about sharper coming here.. when did this happen?

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not just TMZ, he was in studio on the NFL network last week and perked up when discussing the Jets, he has come out and said he'd be a good fit w/ our D in other interviews. The man would like to play here if he cannot go back to NO.

13. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

LOL!!! OMG HOW DID I MISS THAT!... son of a bitch.. i knew i shouldn't have dropped that Body Language Interpretation 101 Class.. SHIT!..

Maybe we just have the best DEF in the league... sooo yeah.. if he can't sign with NO he's gunna wanna come here.. but if he CAN sign with NO.. he WILL sign with NO...

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

he's older now. hopefully he just wants to play some good ball, and have fun since he won it all last season.

15. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

dude.. im not trying to start shit on the message board.. really I'm not.. but like if you look at it from a football position, and not as a Jets fan.. its nothing more than pure speculation..

Would i love Sharper .. YES.. but does he want to come to the jets .. maybe as a last option.. which in my opinion.. doesn't mean anything..

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Trying to start shit on a message board? What the fuck are you talking about? Of course it is pure speculation, but when a player repeatedly talks about the Jets on different networks/radio shows it becomes a big speculation. Obviously if he wants to play for the Jets he has to wait til July 22nd, and pray the Saints don't offer him 110% of what he made last year.

17. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

He said the Jets are loaded and are ready to make a super bowl run...and they're a free safety away.

That means he wants to be a Jet. It doesn't mean the Jets want him or it's close.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You can take it as you want but why would he say "they're only a FS away"? That's the position he plays? The truth is we're not a FS away but if he thinks so I'd certainly welcome him.

19. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

how do you get last option out of this? i mean considering he makes it more than obvious that he wants to be a jet in multiple places.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I can't think of a team that was ever "only a FS away" from a Super Bowl.