Donovan McNabb Traded!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Apr 4, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Didn't Snyder say he was going to step away from the FO this season and let Bruce Allen take care of the personnel decisions? That's the best way he could possibly make up for his terrible job at signing, trading and drafting players.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i always thought the Skins were only a QB away from being relevant again. Their defence is top 10....they signed LJ and Willie Parker to platoon with Portis....they have a couple of young kids at WR (Kelly & Thomas) to go along with our buddy S.Moss. And...Cooley is an excellent TE.

With Shanahan being at the controls.....i have a feeling the Skins will be dangerous next season.

EDIT: They need to address their aging oline in the draft.....

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

4. CatoTheElder

That all depends on whether or not they switch to a 3-4. Aside from Orakpo, they really don't have the LBs for that. Not to mention no NT that is willing to play the position.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

true...i forgot about their apparent switch to a 3-4....good call, Cato.

6. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

I understand that Kolb did well in his two games, but one was a horrible loss by 20 something points and the other was against the chiefs. I'm surprised at the Eagles move.

I doubt that they make the playoffs this year, but in years to come, with a young qb and great young receivers, they could have an amazing passing attack.

7. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Soo with this trade Im guessing one of two things will happen, Redskins lock up Okung with there 1st or If the Lions pick Okung they trade back gather a few picks and draft Dez Bryant possibly Jacksonville, Miami, or Denver to lock up a guy like Berry at Safety or DT McCoy.

8. TheCOTCH

TheCOTCH Member

Mcnabb is one of my favorite non-jets in the NFL and one of the classiest players out there. The eagles fans didnt deserve him and I hope he kicks their asses twice this year.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The Skins had better address their oline situation in the draft.....because with McNabb's penchant for getting injured....he'll get destroyed this year if they don't.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Well I highly doubt we will be getting a 2nd round pick for Leon if McNabb could only get traded for a 2nd and a 2011 conditional.

Picks are really a hot commodity this season. Any other offseason McNabb would have went for a 1st and Marshall would have been signed a month ago.

11. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I would hate this if I was an Eagles fan. Last year they let Dawkins leave, and now they trade McNabb to a division rival.

They've been threatening to win a superbowl for a decade... I don't think these moves move them in the right direction.

I'm still amazed they could get so little for him too, especially from a division rival. HMMM, gonna have to sleep on this one.

12. CatoTheElder

+1. I forgot how horrible their OLine is right now. It's like 4 Adrien Clarkes out there.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This changes the entire landscape of the NFC East and makes the Redskins a potential contender... It also gives them the nod to go ahead and take an OT at #4 to give the offensive line a boost.

I thought it might be a mistake to trade McNabb period.... But to a division rival??? That's borderline shocking.. Could bite the Eagles in the ass

It also changes the landscape of the draft... Barring a trade-up, Jimmy Clausen will likely fall to Buffalo unless Cleveland pulls the trigger... Great to see things get stirred up a bit

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha....somebody should tell Pete Kendall that the grass isn't always greener on the otherside of the fence. Although, things are looking up for him now.

#54 MBGreen, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

It's just like the Pats trading Bledsoe to the Bills.

16. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I think Redskins now trade out of #4 to pick up a few extra picks. I see Buffalo making a big move on draft day with them.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

McNabb wouldn't have generated a 1st for at least four years now -- it's not about this off season it is where he is at in his career. trades are strange in the NFL and you never see a player get the draft position equivalent to their abilities because once a team starts shopping him the others no they want to get rid of him and don't have any significant leverage.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

kevin kolb led the eagles to the superbowl this past season?

19. CatoTheElder

From KSK:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

^^^^ hahaha