17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I like being on the outter edge of the lot for a quick exit. It's a long walk but you're walking past stuck traffic, so when you finally get to the car you can usually drive out pretty easily. But yeah, that's a long, angry walk after a loss--seems to happen a lot.

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anyone's Mom encouraging a PSL purchase. My Mom didn't even like when I'd buy a new car...

3. snipes824

snipes824 Member

well their family has had season seats for many years. they got a reduced rate PSL for field level EZ and are now asking me and my father if we would be interested in getting seats next to them. i almost never speak to my friends mom so the fact that she was calling makes me think there could be something in it for them...not that there's anything wrong with that. if i was going to get seats i would love to get them a discount while doing it. i was just wondering if that is what they are resorting to now. having their PSL owners try and refer their friends.

4. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

They purchased Field Level EZ PSLs for less than the $5000 each that people have already paid ??

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

referral is free parking for a year, sanchez game ball etc, chance to go on field during warm-ups all types of stuff to get friends to buy a psl

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

how much did they pay per seat?

7. LogeSection2RowJ

Looks like we may have uncovered something here.

Referrals? Like what Direct TV does? I don't know, I hadn't heard anything like that. Anyone else? If so, this thread would have reported it already. Of course a row one PSL could never be reduced since it holds such esteem and prestige value ; )

When you say "reduced rate PSL" do how know what it was reduced by, and what they are paying for end zone?

8. snipes824

snipes824 Member

no actually that is what they paid. i haven't looked into it too much because when i heard about PSL's at first i said eff it. he told me they got a deal on lower level seats but yeah after looking at everything it turns out they paid exactly what everyone else did, 5k. i thought all lower level seats had way higher PSL than 5k.

9. snipes824

snipes824 Member

yeah as i said in the post above, they paid 5k. he used the words "we got a deal for where we are seating" but after looking at the pricing on the website that is the normal price for those seats. he's not really involved in the payment and financing of the seats though, so i bet he was just mistaken about it being a "deal" now that i look at it.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. LogeSection2RowJ

OK, I understand. At least lot P is a little closer than it was for you guys now. I always came in and left via Route 3 so I didn't know Lot P was already being used for tailgating, etc.

Must be a bitch crossing the Delaware though... :wink:

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ha ha

here is the old parking set up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Italian Seafood

It's not any closer, I guess the stadium is a few feet closer but it doesn't take much off the walk. The biggest difference is there probably won't be that huge construction area cordoned off that we've had to walk all the way around the past few years because the place will be done, so hopefully it will be a bit straighter. And maybe they will do something about the clusterfuck at the gates trying to get in and out of there, in the post-9/11 New York it's not a bad idea when you have 80,000 people in one place.

14. Italian Seafood

There we go, just what I was saying, the green area was all fenced off.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

From's todays Newsday

J-E-T-S, P-S-L!
    10:26 AM By Neil Best

Jets owner Woody Johnson insisted during Thursday's "Hard Knocks" news conference that the team's participation is not motivated by selling personal seat licenses and tickets for 2010.

Whether or not you believe that, it's clear the team has many left to sell. It has been calling potential customers frequently with sales pitches, including trying to get people who bought tickets in the PSL-less upper deck of the new stadium to move down to PSL territory.

I asked Mr. Johnson about how much his new open policy is driven by business considerations. He said this:

"If you don't like working for the fans, get out of this business. All these steps we've taken are designed to put a better product on the field and a better product for the fan.

"We work for the fan. This show is perfect for that. I like the fact it's going to show the good and maybe some things that are difficult, because that's part of football. And the fans know that, they've just never seen it."

I asked how PSL sales are going. He said this:

"The PSL sales are going well. I thought they were going to kind of fall off after Christmas a little bit, but they're selling great."

I asked how the team would handle it if PSLs were not sold out by opening day, but fans wanted to buy tickets for that particular game for a seat designated for a PSL sale. He said this:

"We'll have to deal with that. We fully expect to be sold out. If we have to deal with it, we'll deal with it."

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Same feeling here, I park on the north side of the Izod and walk the tunnel over 120. Its the longest walk of my life after a jet loss but I would rather walk 10 extra minutes then sit in my care for 60 more. I am out of the lot within minutes and home to Oradell in under 30 minutes.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its funny how Giant fans have such postive views of the stadium overall and not one word about the PSL's or their owners. Its so weird. I am sorry, I am sure the fancy clubs are great looking but its very plain on the outside, during the day you can see through the panels and see the concrete supports and the inside looks like another stadium. Even the lower level back seats seem far away since its so set so far back. And the upper deck concourse looks smaller then the old place and worse then the old Yankee stadium. What a waste of money and the Giant fan paid $1000 to sit in the UD. I guess winning consistently makes you blind. Man, sitting in the End zone UD in the last 10 rows will be awful

#6038 sec314, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  18. LogeSection2RowJ

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

Yea $250 in free stuff so either free parking or $250 in food inside the stadium. Basically she's trying to be a salesperson to get herself $250 real fast. Also maybe the rep will give her a better location in the $5k area if she gets him some referrals. Believe me the Jets are willing to do anything to sell these seats.