17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Post some pictures of the Eagles too. I wanna see how far up 342 is? I still can't get over the money they can make in ticket sales for one show considering they peaked in the mid 1970s.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

$85 a ticket approaches my $105 for a Jets game, but what the hell. Eagles, Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban all on one stage in the Pepsi Corner End Zone... come on now.

My tickets even instruct to "Enter through the Pepsi Gate." Pepsi Corner rocks. Will not consider entering through any other gate for anything else from now on. I'm solid Pepsi Corner.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

1981, row 10, sec 319. Explain to me how I got such shitty seats. I am gonna be one and done

4. Section 227. Row 5

Another shining example of how the NY Jets fucked their loyal fan base. If I remember correctly, you wanted 6 all together, but were willing to settle for and 3. That's probably where the trouble lies... getting 6 in the same vicinity. I had the same trouble with 4 in a row.

But that's where the excuses end, because with that kind of seniority (and even mine at 1986), you would think they could have come up with better. I'm in 342, Row 16, after sitting in the Mezz on the Sidelines in Row 5 for half my lifetime.

I'll show my wife the new seats for the first time when I go to see the Eagles play on June 10th. It won't be the Philadelphia Eagles either, but I;m sure the "newness" of the stadium wil have some affect. I'm just not sure if it will be enough to overcome the pissed off feeling I have about losing my wonderful seats that I've had all these years. Will keep the board posted after I go there on June 10th.

5. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I don't think Jl had only 1984 seniority. If he did, he never would have gotten these seats in section 339 row 10. I believe he said he moved to the UD in 1984 not that his seniority was 1984. To get seats in section 339 like he did, you had to pick in the first few days (may 4th-may 8th). JL must have had 1977-1978 seniority.

JL can you confirm?

#5945 backtoshea, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Actually, your old seats were not the greatest considering you were not that close to the 50 and on the visitors side. Imagine how mad you would be if your old seats were on Jets side and stadled 50 yard line. Plus last year most games you could not even get face for your tickets if you sold them.

After the Jets get done with dog and pony show of arm twisting upper deck people to move down maybe you will be the big winner by standing pat and will get to move over two sections and down a few rows. Nothing to do now but wait.

7. JLJets

JLJets New Member

My New Seats

While I did have season tickets in Shea prior to 1982, we gave those up and I got them again in early 1984. I have no idea of the mechanics behind the seats the Jets offered me. I suspect like the rest of you, we did some negotiating and they offered me several choices. I did keep questioning him and asking for something better. Checking my notes, I think my agreement with my agent took place in early June last year.

The one advantage the agent said I had would be to lock in the seats as soon as possible. After he laid out my choices, he told me I had a day or two to think about them. Instead of waiting, I called him back 15 minutes later with my credit card and locked in the seats. I think the online payment may have also helped, rather than sending a check?

A few things to keep in mind:
    1) I’m on the far end of Section 339, away from the 50. In my visit last week, it appears my seats are about on the 39-41 yard lines.
    2) Being on the end of the section, the guy in the very next seat (across the aisle), roughly five feet from me, is paying $20 less per ticket, per game, than me. I might have chosen Section 340, just a seat or two over, and paid $800 less per year, every year. However, many of those seats were already gone. Yes, many of the seats in sections 337 and 340 (bordering 338 and 339, which are upper prime), went before those in Upper Prime, primarily because of the ticket price. A difference of $800 every year is quite a bit for five feet way. (Same applies on Jets side of the stadium.)
    3) The agent had very little to offer on the Jets side. Because I was open to being on the visitor side, I had better choices.
    4) I don’t know how much of a factor my old seat location played into what they offered. I’m on the 35 yard line, upper level, today, so these are pretty comparable seats.
    5) Keep in mind that there were many agents, offering many options to many STHs, all at the same time. Just a guess on my part, but since they laid out several options to each of us and gave us time to think about it, I suspect that someone just before me had chosen something else (non upper prime?) and because I acted quickly, these were the best seats open at that hour, that day.

Again, I don’t claim to understand their process. I just know what the agent was offering me and I decided to act quickly.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Actually, I never minded the visitor's side. In fact, I quite like it. Never could understand why somebody thinks the home side is better... unless you like looking at your team's butts.

Over the years, I've used my binoculars to watch our team from the front... coaches parading up and down the sidlelines, Bill Parcells getting in somebody's face... Pennington going over to talk to somebody, you actually get to see their facial expressions instead of their backs.

Also, for me, I live south of the stadium. So the visitor's side has always been the best place to exit from. I wouldn't trade my visitor's side seats for anything on the other side. When my rep called, I specifically had him looking at the Pepsi Corner and visitor's side right off the bat, as close to the 50 and as low as I could get. I had it all figured out when he called, so the whole process took about 15 minutes and I knew I wanted to make a decision with him on the phone right there because I didn't want to risk calling back and losing a few rows or sections. I actually wound up with better seats by going with the visitor's side too, becasue the corresponding Home side seats were already taken by somebody who just had to have the Home side. That was okay with me... I wound up with a better seat because of it.

9. Section 227. Row 5

A lot factored in. I needed 4 seats together in the same row. I've got young grandchildren now, so I want to sit right next to them in case some clown is throwing things, etc. That requirement (4 in a row) probably cost me a section and a couple of rows. And like JL, I didn't waste any time. In fact, when he called, I told him, "I'm gonna make this easy on you if you give me some good seats. I'm ready to pull the trigger right now and get this done if you can get me something good."

There was no other leverage. I long since understood that whining and crying didn't help. Demanding and trying to be beligerant was probably a worse idea. I could have used the "I'm a Vietnam Veteran" Card but I've never believed in stooping that low and using it for any kind of pity, so that was out.

The only leverage I had was to tell the guy "I'll help you if you help me... and we won't take much time to get this done." There were no other things you could say or do. Just take the best options you could get and give the man your card right there. My date was June 16 and I got Section 342, Row 16... but nearer the 50 in that section, closer to 341.

10. Section 227. Row 5

That would be wonderful, ROJF, but the way things have gone with this entire process, I'm not counting on it. It all comes back down to money with them and not one iota of concern about doing a STHer a favor by improving his seats.

In fact, my feeling now is, they already have my money and committment and no sense even wasting the reps time to call me. If they've got better seats than mine, it's easier for them to just offer them to the next Newbie that calls the office.

Think about it. If they backfill all the better seats with all of us, then what do they have left to sell? End Zones, Row 23? Not an easy sell. Better to leave sleeping dogs lie and not even call the poor schmuck with those last row EZ seats. Just sell the 2nd Row EZs to the first lucky jerkoff that calls in.

Way to go, Woody!

11. Section 227. Row 5

This thread is approaching 300 pages and 6,000 posts. It certainly has been fun and I'm sure it has helped thousands of local Jets fans with their ticket decisions.

Great thread 17a. You are to be congratulated, my man.

Pepsi Corner Rocks.

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i cant wait until we can actually retire this thread.
    im assuming right before the 1st preseason game we should lock this thread.

it has been a good 14 months of conversations and helpful info from all

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yes thank you-

This thread is what prompted me to signup here in the first place-

Great idea!!

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

All hail 17a. We shall hoist him on our shoulders and march into Pepsi Corner like we own the bitch.

not

15. Section 227. Row 5

Lock this thread? No way. Here's why... The fun and games have only begun with this stadium seating. Eleven months from now the first round of PSL resales starts. People will be scrambling to pick up deals and then coming here for advice and pics. You might even have people offering tickets or partial (half ownership - half season) deals to PSLs and or tickets.

This thread takes on a whole new life as resale time approaches. Seazting charts discussed, views, parking, tailgating problems and experiences, etc. I predict this thread will live on forever, destined to enter the Thread Hall Of Fame and Guiness Book Of Records for the longest, most popular Jets thread in NY Jets history.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

all of that and then i wont have anything interesting to read on a daily basis.... back a number of months ago when this thread was slow and only getting a post every few days i was a little sad when i came on and there was nothing new.

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Thread Puberty

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

This site is one of the most bizarre message boards I've ever been on because people seem to have the attention span of a retarded hamster. People stop posting on new threads after 1 or 2 days and move on to the next new thread.

Every thread except this one, nicely done.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Or the New Age for the Hot Chick Thread, lol.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

And So It Begins

Discount Code to atttend Lacrosse game at New Meadowlands. Sit in EW Mezz Club level for $30 bucks.

Big City Classic NCAA Lacrosse

College Lacrosse Powerhouses Compete at the New Meadowlands Stadium!
    The Konica Minolta Big City Classic delivers you the elite names of lacrosse in the historic first-ever event at the nation’s newest NFL venue, the New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey! Be the first to check out the new facility and witness the action-packed excitement when perennial powers Syracuse, Princeton, Virginia, North Carolina, Delaware and Hofstra meet on the same battlefield.

The New Meadowlands Stadium will have seating options and fan amenities that are unheard of in the NFL, let alone in the lacrosse world. Reserve your seats now to experience the passion and energy of college lacrosse games played in the fabulous New Meadowlands Stadium!
    There is 1 offer available:

OFFER A:
    Discounted offers from Plum Benefits
    Save 25%!

OFFER CODE: How to Use PLUMBCC

Full Price: $40.00

Offer Price: $30.00

Offer Description: East/West Mezzanine Club Level

Days/Times Offered:

Dates Offered: 04/10/2010 to 04/10/2010

Purchase By: 04/9/2010