17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

aaaiiiiiihhhhtttt

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

17a get back to posting info, you getting as bad as me with your postings. Ari Gold would have been all business .

3. 17a_tailgater

what info??? nothing new to report till after april 15th when the payment is due. that is when my inner ari comes out and im gonna work over my rep.

4. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Hi. I would love to see your pics from the tour. Please post them if you get a chance. Thanks!

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

April 16 I want Ari back, that fag vampire picture is too 80's goth for me.

6. JLJets

JLJets New Member

I'm in the process. I took over 200 photos. I've uploaded over 100 to Shutterfly and have been putting labels on them so you'll know what the picture is or where its taken from. I'm also making notes of my observations from the trip. I'll have both posted on this board today. I haven't been slacking, it just takes a while for this much info.

7. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Notes from my Tour

Notes from the tour:
    I took the tour on March 17. The tour was good, informative and they took us in many sections of the stadium. Some areas were off limits due to construction. We could easily see why we needed to wear the hard hat and boots, as we often mingled and walked between the workers as well as over and around materials and equipment. Lots of loose stuff (pipes, cords, screws, etc) on the floor, many wet areas.
    My tour consisted of two groups of two (myself and my friend and another STH and his friend), led by the sales rep I have been dealing with. Therefore, the rep was pretty much talking with just two of us.

We started out by going on to the field but were limited to one corner while the turf was being worked on. We got to walk on the turf, a little. We moved from there to look at field level seats (from inside as this area was under construction). I suspect they’re doing more construction on the field level right not, in anticipation of the lacrosse tournament they have booked for April. However, there was construction on all levels – very busy. The four video screens were huge. Can’t wait to see them lit up, especially at night!
    We then moved through the concourse areas and up the stairs to the Mezz level. The rep then took us up to section 339, where my new seats are located. I sat in my seats and then in a couple of others in adjacent sections, in seats assigned to other people I know. I took several photos from each of these locations.

Some info on the upper level:
    In the center, sideline sections, Rows 1 through 4 are separated from the other rows by the handicap aisle. These rows are all Upper Prime, along the full side lines.
    The handicap aisle is a pretty wide flat aisle that replaces rows 5, 6 and 7. While we were not allowed in this area, I would think people seated (in wheel chairs or folding chairs) or even standing, should not obstruct people in row 8+ as this aisle is several feel lower than row 8.
    I’ve seen some concern over the railing in front of row 8 (above handicapped area), however I don’t think it’s an issue, as it’s easy to view over. I am not tall and when seated fully back in a row 8 seat, the rail did not cross my view line of the field.
    Most rows in upper section have 27-28 seats. There are fewer seats per row in the lower rows (rows 8-11) to allow for the portals. The seat numbers in these rows start at number 1 (not seat #6 as I’ve seen reported) and go up to seat #18. Row 10 in my section (339) had seats 1-18.

Mezz Level:
    The rep took me to sections 220 and 221 which are in the corner of end zone, Jets side. It was a little awkward showing me seats that he said were available for me, but not the other STH on the tour (see below). There was a little whispering going on. I got a better perspective for the end zone Mezz seats with this view. I could see how the Mezz actually goes to two levels in the end zone (see stadium layout map), indicated by section numbers followed by an “a”. These were good seats because the lower and Mezz levels are a little more pitched than I’ve seen in some other stadiums (Giants, Dolphins, Eagles, Patriots) that I’ve been in. You still have a pretty good perspective of action taking place on the opposite corner of the field. However, my preference was still the upper level.
    Obviously, the vending and amenities were nicer in the Mezz level than in the upper. I’m not a big visitor of the concession stands, so for me, that couldn’t help justify the PSL cost. They tell you about the advantage of getting out of the weather into the climate controlled area, but again, that’s not why I go to the game, so not a selling point for me. Maybe the corporate guys?

Sun/Shade:
    For those of you, who are used to sitting in the sun or shade in the old stadium, be aware that comparable seats in the new stadium may be different. The new stadium is offset from the old stadium by almost 45 degrees. Therefore, those in the sun or shade before will not necessarily be in the sun or shade in similar seats. This stadium runs pretty much due north and south. Without getting complex, note in my photos as well as those on the Jets/Giants websites the angles of the sun. My photos were taken roughly around noon on a sunny day, in mid March (roughly same sun angle as you would see in September). Note the sun at this time is highest in the sky and comes almost directly from due south. This issue may be moot this year, as we’re getting indications that two of our eight home games are night games and we might expect a number of 4pm games, due to our strong finish last year?

Concourses/Stairs/Escalators:
    Concourses seemed a little wider but it varied. Some areas (vending, etc) it actually got pretty narrow. Most stairways were quite wide. The stairways reminded me a little of the new Yankee stadium. Yes, stairs are awkward but they do move a lot of people quickly. The escalators were pretty narrow, which to me, indicated that most people will use the stairs (unlike the old stadium). The rep said there was more construction taking place in the concourses right now so it was difficult to gauge the escalators and stairs, especially the entrances/exits to those.

Seniority:
    Seniority still seems to be an issue. I have four seats in the upper prime and the rep showed me several sets of seats in the Mezz (corner) but indicated to me that these are not available to the other STH on the tour. I’m not sure where his seats were but I recall they were upper level end zone. Also, my seniority is 1984 but I didn’t know his. I’m not sure what this means. Recent NYT article indicated they’re trying to sell the PSLs to the man on the street. However, these Mezz seats were not available to the STH with me??? The only conclusion I drew from this is that they want my upper prime seat pretty badly to give to someone (other STH’s or sponsors?) and are less concerned with the other guy’s seats in the upper end zone? Not sure.

PSLs:
    Overall, there weren’t too many PSLs he was offering me. I’ve made it clear to him (on phone and tour) that I have the ability to buy PSLs (I have four seats) but I’ve always sat in the UL and until he can offer me a better seat, it just makes no sense to pay for a PSL for a crummier seat. No, not interested in the $20K seats, especially since I have four seats. Yes, I understand not everyone likes the upper level, but I do. I’m a serious fan. I don’t buy food or drinks and only get up from my seat to use the restroom. I have my head set on and concentrate on the game. Seated in the corner Mezz just doesn’t appeal to me, let alone adding the PSL cost. The rep didn’t pressure me, he was just showing me the options.
    They reduced some $10K seats to $7.5K and some others. They have also reduced some PSL ticket prices as well as much liberated the payment options. If you’re interested in these low end ($4K) PSLs, but affordability kept you away, you may want to revisit your options.

Summary:
    Overall, the tour was really worth the trip. No high pressure, got lots of different views, and took a lot of photos. There were many areas we couldn’t go in, just because of construction. We could only view the field level seats from behind them (I assume they’re getting these ready for the lacrosse tournament in April). Just before we left, the rep wrote down for me three or four options to consider. I haven’t heard from him yet but expect a follow up call. I have posted about 100 photos on Shutterfly. The url with the link to the photos on Shutterfly is in a separate post.

8. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Link to my tour photos

Okay, this board won't let me post the url link to my Shutterfly photos because I don't have 50 posts on this board yet.
    Can someone who has 50+ posts give me their email address and I'll email the link to them so they can post the link for everyone to see? Sorry, didn't expect that.

9. 17a_tailgater

excellent post bro.did you see the escalators in the corner end zone??? and how narrow it was there???

what is the link to shutterfly photos??

10. JLJets

JLJets New Member

17a, Yes, saw escalators and stairs. I have several photos of each, with comments on most of the 100+ photos. Waiting for someone to give me their email and I'll send them the Shutterfly link.

11. 17a_tailgater

i pm'd you my email 20 minutes ago.check your private message box.

12. 17a_tailgater

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

They are amazing thanks John

14. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

In picture #28 you are inbetween sections 338 and 339, what row was the pic taken from?

And did you take any pics from the 1st four rows?

and thanks for the great pics!

15. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Backtoshea,
    In photo 28, I was standing in the entrance to the portal. This puts my camera level about the same level as row 10 or 11. However, I could have taken another step or two forward before I hit that sheet of plexiglass gate. That plexiglass is what was stopping me from walking forward on to the handicap ramp or continue further and walk down the few steps for rows 1-4.
    No, I took no photos from rows 1-4 in upper level because that plexiglass was there to stop us from going into those rows. I'm guessing they didn't want us hanging over the edge?

16. 17a_tailgater

its my IE at work. i have to wait till i get home damn

17. 17a_tailgater

can someone post pictures 26 & 27 on here. we need to discuss this topic

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Shutterfly is so not user friendly. I use photobucket to share pics

19. 17a_tailgater

cant you save the oic to your desktop
    then upload it to imageshack
    then post it on here??

joanny the fucking queer is a master at this

20. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Photo Tools

I've used several photo editing and sharing tools including shutterfly, shutterbug, kodakgallary, Yahoo photos, Picnik, Photoshop and others. Each have their pros and cons.
    I chose Shutterfly to display these photos because I had so many (to post on the board itself) and I chose a tool that is pretty common. Shutterfly isn't my favorite but I don't think its not user friendly, especially when just viewing others photos.

If anyone has trouble getting to the 100+ photos I put out there, of this tour, let me know and I'll find a work around. Other than that, I think its just taking the link that 17a posted for me (I can't post links yet) and say you want to view the photos. I recommend using the slide show, as you can control how fast, pause, go back, etc, as well as the photos being full screen.
    Again, I'd like to share the photos with all so let me know if there's a problem.