17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Took the Tour

I did the tour yesterday (3/17). The tour was good and weather was perfect. I have several observations/notes and many photos.
    I plan to put my observations (text) here and upload my many photos to Shutterfly and post the link (url) here. That should work for everyone, right?

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

hurry hurry i cant wait.......

3. 17a_tailgater

i still have CBG's pics but i cant seem to post them. anyone want to help? i ll email them to you . well except the inappropiate pics that i deleted. he does know this is a heterosexual male football messageboard.........

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow, how exactly does this happen? i thought that was why the whole stadium is pushed back? i thought things like this would never happen again, especially not for 1.6 BILLION DOLLARS!!! i dont care if there are no seats behind it the fact there is a fucking pole in the middle of the stands is absurd.

isnt obstructed views the reason these cockbag owners used to sell to the community back in the 80s and 90s when they asked the community to foot the bill for the stadium?

maybe it has something to do with all the big video boards they are putting in. the weight of them may be asking for more support. this new place amazes me more every single day... i think i need to stop coming into this thread ;)

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with the scoreboards. These support posts ring the stadium. The reason you only see them in the end zone mezzanine area is because they put seat rows that go back that far.

Ideally suites in the end zones would hide the posts, but their are no suites in these end zones. The suites were planned for the best areas. We get the end zones.

There are obstructed view seats. They may not sell them, but they are there. The view may not be obstructed of the field, but if you were to look around, posts get in the way if you are in the last couple of rows of the Mezz.

Cockbag. Nice adjective.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

Gordo - Here is a photo of the seats you claim do not exist.

I took that other photo you replied about standing in the last row, right at the aisle. There was a seat behind me, shown in the upper left of this photo which also shows there are 4 rows that could be affected by posts. Maybe I was next to the seat but the seats go all the way up.

This image is from the aisle, looking into rows 15-18 of section 225b. The "alcohol free" section would be behind me. The big gray thing taking out the right half of the photo is a post. The post was privately funded, paid for entirely by the Jets and Giants - no tax payer money used.

Those in these seats will be looking left to see the field (other than the poor bastard in that first seat there) and their view will not be obstructed - of the field. BUT, the Jets bench, the stands on the right side, and the jiggling boobs of the girl running up the aisle, those views may be obstructed. Should you care about those views. ; )

I will guess there are probably 30-36 obstructed view seats in this place. 24 minimum. There are two posts per end zone, and I figure 6 to 8 seats will see a post in their field of view, not specifically the field, but something. I think what that other photo shows is that there may be seats that are not "obstructed view" because you can see the field, but they are obstructed in some way.

The funny thing is, when I plugged the data for these seats in the 3D stadium seat view utility, they were gone!

As I stated before, the tour guide said there are "black-out seats" these must be the ones. I am not calling this an outrage - but it surprising to me. If they didn't put seats there, what would there be, empty space? If a big game were sold out and these were offered to me at a reduced rate, I might take them other than that one - that should be removed.

We've all studied the stadium photos, tell me you haven't wondered about the posts seen at the back of the Mezzanine?

[​IMG]

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. I remembered another post section where there weren't seats where the guy took the picture, but this looks like solid evidence that there are obstructed seats. How stupid are these people

8. 17a_tailgater

http://www.newyorkjets.com/stadium/view_construction_cam

go to the interior view cam
    there is a slidebar that you need to slide the bar back to march 3,2010 11pm.
    the seats arew lit and you can clearly see the posts and seats.
    the slide should be right above the 1 in 41 degrees

9. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

I have a question. I'm not reading thru 5800 posts. Will the Jets be selling single game tickets on all the seats that do not sell as season tickets?? Anyone have an idea??

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A I am a little hurt that you would even discuss those photos? I thought I told you to ignore them:rofl:

11. LogeSection2RowJ

Haven't heard a thing, but they'll wait a long time before doing that. They sell one game that way and they can't sell the PSL for that seat until the following year.

I think I stumbled on the answer. They probably won't sell single games. At least not until the season starts, or only during the week of each game.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Well if you ask anyone at the Jets they'll tell you that all seats will be sold only as season tickets and most with PSLs. Unofficially, there's going to be thousands of unsold seats that will eventually be sold individually.

I fully believe that the Jets will offer PSL locations on a year to year basis without having to buy a PSL as the season draws closer. I also think that as we approach opening day, you will also not have to buy the preseason games, and that once the season starts all those unsold season tickets will be sold on a game by game basis (with maybe partial plans offered before that).

My only real question is who will get first dibs on no-strings tickets. They may be offered to PSL-holders ahead of any public offering

13. 17a_tailgater

CBG's seats

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

14. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Thanks GG. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to score some single game seats. Anyone who wants to sell a couple of tickets at face value please PM me. I have never been to a Jets game and would love to scratch it off my bucket list... :up:

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A-----they look pretty far away on here-----then again they were pretty high in person------------but I will check em out for the first year and if WE AINT HAVING FUN it's one n done
    ps see you all in the so called "pepsi corner ":metal:

16. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

17a, I can help you post up the pics if u want. Send me a pm and I'll email you.

17. 17a_tailgater

i was able to post it thanks

18. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

There was a person a few days ago who said he was in section 339 row 10 and was taking the tour and would be showing pics . Can that person please step forward and share them? Thanks!

19. 17a_tailgater

i was 347 row 10

20. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Not you 17a, this guy.