17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes 17 A and any others I took the tour today--------not much to add that has not been said already, I will try and post the pics, I am waiting on my buddy to e-mail em to me. We checked out the field and actually met Woody. We checked out our seats in 343---very high yes but the view is good it is about what I expected. A few yrs ago I sat in 333 and this is almost the same view , instead of being on the 15 as I was then we are now in the endzone. I was told that there is going to be designated parking----or "assigned "parking---which could suck as far as my tailgate is concerned but we will see how that goes.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

designated tailgate areas where you can buy food from the jets. its fucking vendors outside selling food.

3. 17a_tailgater

did you take a picture of the stair case that leads to the seats from the corridor???

how about the location of the escalators???

did you take the stairs from the 50 too????

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

first off----------NO ------!
    I was told that "I WILL BE ASSIGNED AN AREA TO PARK" not vendors but assigned parking. I asked the nice young man how that will be dtermined, "I MEAN WE HAVE PEOPLE THAT TAILGATE WITH US FROM LI AND up North in Rockland and that assigned parking would SUCK" he said that parking will be assigned not by where you live but "by where your seats are" time will tell what this is all about. Yes 17 a we took the stairs ----not sure if they were by the 50? I think they were more towards the endzone in fact yes they were! I will post pics if n when I get em and one of you guys can help me with that---if I can add anything else I will

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i didnt know that 80k people needed another parent. the new york jets will tell you where its best to park, they will tell you who you should and shouldnt hang out with. dont worry i am sure in the near future they will end up telling you that you cant bbq and have to eat from the jets approved vendors out at your "tailgate"

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's when I walk away and watch it from home.... the beauty of not having a PSL.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

capitalism at it's best. NYJ style.

8. joejets1

joejets1 Member

Why do corporations and teams who have very smart people at the top, make the most simplest thing such as parking near some of your friends to tailgate, which is a staple at all football games, college and pro so difficult. it boggles the mind sometimes, I guess Bill Simmons was right every team should have a fan whose in charge of common sense stuff like this.

9. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Tour on Wednesday

I'm doing the tour tomorrow (3/17). My current new seats are Section 339, Row 10 so I don't think there is anything they can show me in the end zone or goal line PSLs that can compete with this. Besides, I've been in the upper level since 1984 and prefer it.
    I have a decent DSLR camera, so will be taking lots of shots. My friend who is accompanying me has one also, so hopefully we'll get a lot of perspectives. The weather looks to be nice, so I'm looking forward to the review.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

FYI if you bought one of those no money down Jets PSLs you are ABSOLUTELY INSANE to chose the ACH option as payments for tickets!!!

Jets have access to your checking and you have an legal obligation to pay for your PSL, Jets said most likely they won;t chase down defaulted PSLs if people walk away, but if you give them access to your account they can just withdraw the money owed and it is tough shit on you.

Pay by credit card or money order, don't give them your personal check or access to your ACH to auto deduct out of checking if you think there is a chance you may want to walk away.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

FYI I understand 100% why fans are mad about efforts being made to limit tailgating. But from a corporate point of view, tailgaters make a mess of parking lots, requires tons of port a potties and extra security and since they eat and drink in parking lot before and after game they spend less on concessions and then Jets pay a big fee to clean up parking lot. From a corporate point of view why would you encourage, it is part of the game ritual like spitting chewing tobbaco in baseball, but not something that is desirable to the team or mangement.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

row 1 I can tell you that if my tailgate gets disrupted as in the people that have gotten together for years can no longer do so--- I WILL WALK AWAY FROM MY TIX!

13. 17a_tailgater

1.take a picture of the stair case in the corridor while standing in the concourse.(with your friend on it to size it up if possible)

2.take a picture of the escalators where they meet the upper deck concourse

thanks i wish i would have remembered when i was on the tour. i actually brought a checklist.i just didnt take a picture me doing the checklist.

thats where royaltee was to suppose to help,damn rican...

14. joejets1

joejets1 Member

That is part of the excitement about a football game its a whole day event, not just the 3 hours inside of the stadium watching the game. Nothing better then sitting out there having some burgs, throwin the football around in 70 degree day in September. Tailgating has been going on for decades if they were so worried about clean up then why would they give out programs and other stuff which end up on the floor that inturn has to get cleaned up after the game. All you hear on NFL commercials and team messages that the fans are #1 and they are most important to the team, which is true by assigning parking lots like were in High School is childish it is also going against their motto that fans are #1

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Think you are off base here since you have to PURCHASE the game day program. It is not a free giveaway. As for other free giveaways you also mention to the best of my memory they are very, very, very far & few between them. In fact seasons can go by without a free giveaway

16. 17a_tailgater

they give out free programs now champ....

been doing it for a couple of years

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I actually want assigned parking. I hate driving around looking for a spot and half the available spots have BBQs in them and beer bottles. Plus I always have to take my junky car as I don't want my good car banged up. Now I can take my good car as I know who I am parking next too.

Worse is empty spots people are copping squats in to party or/and save spots with game starting in five minutes and cars circling for spots.

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

that will never go over at the meadowlands. im tellin you now i know a good 200 people that go every weekend that would have no problem beating the shit out of the worm asshole that tries to shut down one of our tailgates, and i would probably be the first one to take him down.

then i would spend my night in jail, and relinquish my tickets since i wouldnt be able to afford them after the legal fees:up:

19. joejets1

joejets1 Member

Don't know if you have been regularly going to games but they have been giving out free programs for most of the last decade.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Gee whiz I did not get one in Houston last season for game 1

Thanks for that info