17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think you're right. They've been telling us all along how we're going to have to park out in Oshkosh if we don't buy a PSL. How can they turn around and sell us PrePaid Parking then, because the spots "are at a premium."

No, they're probably going to let it ride this year and then, like you say, come up with some BS story as to why they have to charge up front for all 10 games. Another $25 they have in their pockets whether we show up or not.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

3. Section 227. Row 5

Thanks nyjunk. I've been trying to find a diagram that I could post on here.

17a, are you telling me that there are no escalators from the 50YL (Upper Deck) that I can take to get down to ground level and out to GA parking?

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think what he is saying is that you have to take escalator from ground level to the mezz & then transfer on the mezz for another escalator to reach the UD. That transfer from escalator 1 to escalator 2 we will have to walk they estimated about 40 or 50 feet. For sure there is no direct escalator from the UD to the ground like at the old stadium

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

THERE ARE 4 sets of escalators that go to the mezz and upper deck and those are located in both corners of both end zones.(pepsi corner,bud light corner metlife corner and verizon corner) and that is 4 of the 6 entrances.
    the other 2 entrances are located at the 50 yard line on both sidelines.and they only have escalators and stairs that go to the back of the 100 level lowel level.to get to the mezz club & vip lounges there are private elevators.
    if you go into this entrance and want to get to the mezz end zones psl or the upper level prime and sideline you MUST TAKE THE STAIRS!!!

this is only in the corner end zones and its 3 escalators. ground to 100.walk 40-50 feet along the 100 level to another escalator from 100-200 level.walk another 40-50 feet take another escalator from 200 level to HEAVEN or the 300 level.

6. championjets69

Aha so more then one relay to get to the free seats. Sounds like 27,000 fans up there will be in for long, long wait when the game goes down to wire. I wonder how those NYGs fans are going to feel when we they see what they have to encounter to reach there PSL seats. Good luck to them & there money

7. 17a_tailgater

and the escalators are located in the hallway corner. not off the stadium where there is open space. it is gonna be a cluster fuck leaving the uppers after a last minute victory or loss.

8. championjets69

Sure sounds like the NYGs fans in UD got a super raw deal with there PSLs. Us el cheapo NYJ fans cannot complain very much until they implement a PSL for them also

9. 17a_tailgater

10. championjets69

As U said it sounds like a super cluster f--- when everybody wants to depart at the same time. However, when I think that the NYGs fans PAID for the privilege while we did not it makes me feel good that the NYGs STHer are in for a real screwing while we are riding along at this moment for free

11. Section 227. Row 5

Whoever designed this place should be strung up by the nuts. Whoever approved these plans needs to be used as a tackling dummy.

I'm going to miss the simplicity of the old satdium. The sightlines, the ease of getting in and out, the tailgating close by, all of it. It was a wonderful football stadium with plenty of years left. The entire fucking process is one colossal, cocamamie mistake. I am so pissed it's incredible.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its really amazing how retarded the new stadium appears to be, from the badly placed "extra" seats in the corners, to the obstructed view seats, to the mile high upper deck, to the mezz b, to the escalators and on and fuckin on and on and on.

at some point in this whole process someone must have brought up issue with at least some of these things. but alas it went ahead anyway. it makes me wonder if they had actually been in a stadium before.. and watched a game and walked out with the common folk who pay.

i almost wonder if someone realized mid way last year that the way out was going to be a cluster fuck and that the old ramps were perfectly functional... so they had em write an article in the paper about all the bad stuff at gate d so they could use that as an excuse why they have this retarded "NEW and UPGRADED" way to get fucked in the ass 10 times a year getting out of the stadium for extra money.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I just got my packet the other day. Payment option! Woody Johnson can stick it. It's just another way to live off the interest on my money because his idiot Stadium was a horrible idea. For your convenience, right out of your checking account! Screw him. They're shaking people down by asking for payment early, and then making it sound like they're being a bunch of regular humanitarians by letting you stretch it out.

And, due on April 15th...which is, of course, TAX DAY. Can they get any dumber?

#5813 jetophile, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Well someone has to pay for Cromartie's illegitimate kids

15. 17a_tailgater

anyone else taking the tour of the uppers???

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I decided to skip because of you, why get all pissed off now when I can delay it until August

17. unclefester

unclefester New Member

Opinion on section 245a?

Noob to this forum here and I've spend a lot of the day reading this great topic. Would have loved to get lower UD, but didn't make decision in time.

While I don't like the idea of paying $4k for a PSL, I plan on holding these seats for a while, so I'm hoping that I will at least get my money back.

PSL aside, what are the opinions on this section? Pros/cons? I'm coming from seats on the 40 yd line in the high upper deck. We enjoyed those seats and particularly liked being able to see the action on both sides of the field.

When the action is in our corner, I know that the view will be great, but how will it be on the other side of the field? Any other considerations about this section?

Thanks!

18. 17a_tailgater

what row? row 3 is still available 3 seats on the aisle

19. unclefester

unclefester New Member

It is row 10 - I'm looking for just 2 seats and I doubt that they will sell me just 2 of the 3 seats...

20. Section 227. Row 5

Haahahahahahaaaaaa.......Haaaaahhhhahahahahahahahahaa

I feel the same way!