How is Drew Coleman still here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vinnumber13, Mar 11, 2010.

1. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

ok i added this to the clemens thread and wasnt going to make a new one for it but what the hell. if mods have a problem with it you can delete it.

how is drew coleman still here?

he may be one of the worst DBs iv ever seen play the game of football at a professional level. first he survived the regime change and now(so far) he has survived cuts after a horrible outing in probably the 2nd or 3rd biggest game in jets history.

i understand letting lito go over him. litos salary was much higher and just not worth it. but how can you let a guy like strickland go, (who yes was hurt a lot but when he played was pretty good) over drew coleman? this guy seems to never leave, he is like herpes.

Maybe he is just here for depth right now since we cut lito, strickland and traded rhodes but if we bring in a guy and draft a DB i will be a little pissed off if this guy makes the final 53 man roster AGAIN.

stay tuned for the "how is vernon gholston still here?" thread(just kidding):rofl:

2. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

It's so early in the offseason, asking why anyone is still here is kind of foolish. We're still looking at about six months till Sept.

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

To quote someone who created a thread about 2 years ago on another player...(ahem)...

"Who's dick is Drew Coleman sucking that he's still on this team?!?!?"

4. glightning

glightning Banned

That's a ditto for me.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Because at this point he is cheap and we have no way of replacing hmi untill the draft. Final 8 rules have handcuffed from replacing anyone untill our guys sign elsewhere, the draft, or till after camp starts. Its really not that hard to understand.

6. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I remember Braylon remarking (In his Usteam thingy with Kerry when he got traded) that coleman had game and was fast. It could be that Coleman is one of those guys who performs great at practice, and just never shows up during a game.. That's the only thing I can think of

7. zombo

zombo Member

i know. i'm not a coleman fan either, but he's young and cheap. the jets have lacked secondary depth for a while now, so the task of finding a replacement for the 5th cb when they don't even have a 3rd or 4th cb is way down the road. coleman has shown some improvement at least, but he still stinks.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Huh?!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

The conversation actually went something like this-
    Fan: Is Drew Coleman the fastest runner on the team?
    Kerry: Yeah he might be, he's...
    Braylon: Whos that
    Kerry: number 30
    Braylon: ok
    Kerry: yeah he's really fast

I have no idea why I remember this, but it was definitely Kerry talking

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Maybe he doesn't have a place to live and won't leave the Atlantic Health training center.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

This is something I will never understand. He has always been completely awful, and he sticks out like a sore thumb. As soon as he steps on the field he gets attacked.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Maybe he has some sort of blackmail material on Tannenbaum and he has to keep him employed.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah. People refer to him as Drew "Toast" Coleman, but me and my friends refer to him as Drew "There he is, hit him for a 1st down and then some" Coleman.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I said the same thing about Bryan Thomas the last three off-seasons.

Of course, Drew Coleman is nowhere near the player Bryan Thomas is, and that's saying something.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This is the telltale sign. We can all voice our opinions of him, his game, his speed, or whatever. But it's glaringly obvious when opposing QBs immediately identify him when he's on the field and then go right at him.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I wasn't a fan of re-signing him, i dont really dont know what the cs sees in him. I would have much rather re-signed Wallace wright as a Special teamer then coleman.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go with final fuck rules and not enough DB's already for 500.

18. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

Coleman is the fastest guy on the team...and is the 4th/5th corner. No reason to move on just yet.

I'd like to see a UDFA take his spot.

People just hate him b/c he miss timed his jump in the Indy game...but had perfect coverage.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

People hated him long before that play.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7938/career;_ylt=AhJn6_MCjk5Z9wDllm_NrWL.uLYF

he doesn't get much play time could be because the coaches dont trust him. Yeah that Indy game really got me, but as you said that was a perfect pass.