Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this is a good point to consider as well.

LT showed great ball security over his career.....which S.Greene could learn from.

2. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

rather draft someone else then get LT

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Thats another point, never hurts to expose your young guys to guys with elite work ethics...

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

correct.

LT shouldn't arrive with huge contract demands either.....which was the polar opposite of TJ.

5. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I like to see him in Jet green. I agree with mostly everyone else who says he'd be a good # 2 or # 3.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'd be for it, it's not my money so as long as they keep it in line as to where there would be no issues with the cap (when it returns).

He already has taken a reduced role (remember all we heard was how they shut him down early for the playoffs) adding another guy out the backfield that can catch gives Sanchez and extra outlet. I also think as a mentor who better for Greene and Leon to get advice from then the best RB of the decade?

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

My first reaction was. 'Uhh... what?'

But now that I think about it... sure, why not. Whatever.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Obviously he's not LT of 2005, but he can still take some carries and probably have some success behind this o-line. He'd be part of a three headed attack.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I think if the FO is looking to add a back just to add a back, this is not the way to do it. I'd rather go thru the Draft if this was the case. However, if we're gonna add a back that (I think) can get the most out of this OL and doesn't have nearly as many carries as LT and is probably a tad bit faster still, and just as injury prone, I'd rather bring in Willie Parker.

10. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Tomlinson would thrive behind our offensive line. He is not that old and still has some gas in the tank.

I personally feel like San Diego's offensive line wasn't interested in run blocking for tomlinson and with our oline, he will return to the form of the younger tomlinson. Sign HIM!!! but not for to much

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Something tells me he's too proud to take a back seat to Adrian Peterson even though the guy is younger and better, so I can see him actually coming to New York.

It's not a terrible idea because we need another back, and he isn't completely washed up yet. We'll likely end up drafting another RB anyway, but I can see him helping out in 2010.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i think he is gonna sign with Minnesota today so this probably doesn't even matter but he would probably sign for 2 million a year or something in that range.

13. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

LT was a little peeved at AP during the offseason because AP made a comment that he was a different back than LT because he was willing to run between the tackles and get the hard yards

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

LT didnt do much for the chargers because they were a pass only offense. Hes the same as TJ plus hes better at catching. People wanted TJ's experience in the locker room well LT is pretty experienced himself and used to be way more dominant then TJ. Plus my favor part will be doing the LT slide.

15. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

LT is actually completely washed up but like I said, running behind our offensive line could help.

16. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Well in a few interviews that I have seen him in since he got cut. He stated that he doesn't mind taking the back seat to a younger RB and playing the mentor role on the team to the young RBs.

If he is willing to do that and the money is right he would be perfect for this team especially that he knows most of the offense being with Shotty @ SD. Let alone he can play wildcat he does have i think 7 passing TDs. Everybody says he doesn't have anything left in the tank but with our OLine and 2 other RBs he should still have a productive 2 years left and what I mean by a productive 2 years is at least 800 to 1000 yards and 6-10 TDs maybe more depending on if they go to him in goal line situations.

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

One thing that sticks out for LT in his stats from last year was his 12TD's, which changes my stance from horrible to "meh".

18. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I have a Chargers fan friend who was really upset at the loss of LT, and I've been speaking to him since this popped up, and he seems to think that LT has gas left in the tank, and could be a solid contributor behind out O-line..

I'm still really intrigued by this. It could be a great move if he pans out.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So since a Chargers fan says it, then it must be true.

20. franzman9

franzman9 Member

How is he completely washed up?

He was stuck on a pass first team with a offensive line that had no interest in run blocking. He would be a great change of pace back for us, and if leon goes, we will still draft another RB who can learn from a guy like LT