Crazy Draft Idea

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GriffDog, Mar 9, 2010.

1. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

Every year it is almost impossible to try to guess what Tanny is going to do come draft day. He makes big moves and has no problem trading up to get the best player out there.

Well we need to upgrade our DE and get younger. It isn't the most pressing issue but is going to have to be resolved sometime.

Say we see braddford or Clausen go very early and Suh and McCoy fall a little bit in the draft. Would it be that bad of an idea to trade our first, second and late pick for a guy like Suh or McCoy. He or McCoy could play DE for us and we could use him in four man fronts next to Jenkins. It would be a lot to give up but at the same time if we had Suh/Jenkins/ Ellis on the same line..it would be a scary team..our LBs would be able to do whatever they wanted.

I am sure I will get a lot of haters on this one. But I think it wouldn't be that terrible of a move and Tanny does things like that the last couple of years. Tell me what you guys think...

2. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I don't think we have enough picks to trade that high and it really wouldn't be worth it trading our entire draft for one player. Remember what happened with Drob?

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Suh and McCoy aren't falling, not even out of the top 5.

To trade into the Top 5 from #29 would cost a King's ransom. Our 1st , 2nd and a late round pick wouldn't come close. Next year's first would need to be offered also...it ain't happening.

Nice fantasy......not worth a thread.

4. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

You're right. It's a crazy idea. :grin:

5. skeleton_frames

Plus this draft is so deep that giving up picks seems crazy. It would be great to get the extra 2nd for Washington though...

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

If we traded our first, second, and late pick, we'd be lucky to even crack the top 15.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

As I brought up in another thread, the only thing you can really do is hope someone falls to 10, and then you go Ditka for like Eric Berry. If we could sign free agents, I would consider the Ditka (not tapping into next year), but we can't, so no.

And Suh and McCoy aren't falling out of the top 3.

8. greenghost

greenghost Member

Agreed...Suh and McCoy are not falling out of the top 3 but what about Mount Cody in the middle and Kris Jenkins as DE. Cody should be there at 29...

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Trading up in a draft as talented as this is crazy! Plus Tanny lready said he wants to focus on depth this year so it ain't happening...

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We need more picks, not less. This is the perfect draft to try and grab a bunch of players if possible.

Trade down, not up.

11. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Agreed.
    By all accounts, this is a talent-rich draft.

As has been mentioned, to trade up into the top 5 (Suh/McCoy territory), we'd basically have to give up this year's entire draft, plus 2011 picks. Pure fantasy. The only thing dumber than starting this thread is me bumping it.:wink:

12. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i got to mccoy or suh and stopped reading ... put down the pipe

only player i see worth trading up for (that we have a realistic shot at trading for) is earl thomas ... otherwise i want to do the opposite and trade down

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The idea of Gerald McCoy falling was so ridiculous that my brain couldn't process it and I assumed you were talking about Colt McCoy, which didn't really make sense either.

15. ........

........ Trolls

I'm typing on my phone. Can someone else post the Ronald McDonald picture?

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

So what you're trying to say is that this thread is so difficult to comprehend your brain couldn't process it?

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]