Myron Rolle in 4th?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The Dude, Mar 7, 2010.

1. The Dude

The Dude New Member

I think this would be a very nice pick if he is around with our 4th. Thoughts?

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

If Freddie Barnes is gone, sure.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I think he'll be gone before the fourth.

I'm with Badger on this one: Freddie Barnes should be our 4th round selection.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

major wright in the 4th?

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's possible, but this thread is about Myron Rolle.

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

As much as I like Rolle I wouldnt like him any earlier than the 4th. The guy is smart and has skills, but doesnt seem like his heart is in football, and its hard to tell how long hes going to stick around.

If we can somehow get an extra 4th round pick, or as mentioned freddie barnes (and Blount) are off the board I wouldnt mind Rolle. Hes definitely could be a smart useful player.

7. FJF

but he won't be there when we pick.just throwing out another option.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Major Wright could and should go ahead of Myron Rolle right now. Rolle's 40 time at the combine was very disappointing and Wright's was very good. That's going to be the difference maker between these two mid-round safety prospects.

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cotchery 2.0.:up:

Barnes in the 4th would probably make the whole rest of the draft for me from that point on.

10. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Rolle ran 4.8 at the combine. Great story but likely a 6th or later.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Just gotta hope Barnes is around @ the end of the 4th , and that we dont grab Tate in the first.

12. FJF

damn that sucks,i would love to get wright here,idk if rolle's oxford backround would fit with rex's blue collar ways lol

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, he didn't. Myron Rolle ran a 4.68, which isn't a good time at all, but it's certainly not a 4.8.

Rolle does have a great story, and he's incredibly smart. I think a few head coaches and general managers will really buy into his character and smarts and draft him in the third round.

14. CatoTheElder

He's made it this far by applying his Rhodes Scholar mind to football very well. I can easily see him using angles and positioning to make up for his speed.

Also, he was the #1 athlete recruit in the nation when he entered FSU, now he has taken a year off of football. He can get his speed back if he works on it.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Myron Rolle never really had great timed speed. He's a game speed type of player. The guy is rarely out of position, he wraps up, and he's obviously incredibly smart. ...it's almost like he's the anti-Taylor Mays.

16. CatoTheElder

We should put the two of them together and see if we can form a black hole that eventually collapses in on itself and destroys Oakland but not San Francisco.

17. FSU Noles 850

FSU Noles 850 New Member

As a current FSU student, I have been able to watch Myron play from 2006-2008. Even though people say that he is not great in coverage, our pass defense has always been pretty solid. This past year, without Myron playing safety, our secondary looked more like swiss cheese than football players. The only difference between this past season and 2006-2008 is Myron Rolle.

He is an extremely solid tackler in the open field, as well as around the line if need be. He is also very underrated in pass defense, as I said before. If we could get him in the 4th, I'd definitely be happy about that. I truly believe that he will be in the league for years to come. He is the type of kid that doesn't quit on anything.

18. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

to me, he seems like the type of kid who will want to do it just because he's been told he can't. I like his game a lot, I'm just not sure whether he is hesitant on the field because of a year off or because he lacks instincts.

19. CatoTheElder

He certainly doesn't lack the instincts. It was his football IQ that helped him play at FSU and made up for his lack of pure speed. Give him some time and he will get back in the right mindset.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Didnt know this till just know, but Myron Rolle and Cromartie are really good friends. On Rolles twitter to Cromartie "Cro, Thanks Man! I'll never forget how you called me everyday in HS to make sure I was ok. Be Blessed !"

Wonder if that could have any impact whatsoever on the Jets being interested in him. Would definitely be good for team chemistry since you know the 2 of them are really close (not to mention Rolle is a standup guy and could be a good influence on him)

And Rolles cousin playing for the Giants in NY. I could definitely Myron wanting to end up on the Jets, for all the formented plus it being the best defense to play for.

Top all that off with the fact that we have 2 good guys who could play FS, so the front office might not mind waiting till mid rounds to target Rolle.

If we could somehow get him late 3rd (with a pick we have yet to accuire) or early 4th (with a pick we havent accquired) I could see good things happen with this.

Really hope we trade down in the first now.