Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Revis typically sticks with the #1 guy. The Jets uncharacteristically switched it up in the Chargers game and had him all over the place.

2. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I was just going to post this. Revis DOES more often than not stick with the #1 guy crimetime31. It is just that from a game plan standpoint, the Jets decided to switch up on the chargers and place Revis all over the field since they felt the difference between each of the Chargers receivers was negligible. But if you watch the Jets throughout the 2009 season, it was, for the most part, Revis vs. the other team's number one option week in and week out.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Please, don't tell Jets fans about misconceptions of their own players based on the one Jets game you had the misfortune to see all year long.

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Sanchez was one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL during the regular season. Do you have a different opinion SFB?

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Please pass the salt...

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You're six behind him. Get to work.

___

I spoke to my father today about the trade. He said the player is good but that he had some off field problems. He said, "It wasn't drugs, though. It is something else, right?" I said, "Yeah, he has seven kids with six women."
    Without hesitation my father replied, "What a fucker."

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Did you tell him he is the toughest SOB you ever met?

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Movie reference and/or trying to be funny?

Please explain because I don't get what you wrote there.

9. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

If Revis is on the left and Cromartie is on the right, Then... I guess their stuck in the middle... Great move Tanny

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's a GreenHornet joke.

11. 624

624 Banned

After finally realizing what this block said, let me just tell you that was a mistake, I know very well that Jammer is a corner and it was just a typo. I really like Jammer and think he is underrated, but don't try and tell us Jet fans that Revis doesn't cover the #1 Receiver.

Obviously the only Jets game you watched all season was the Chargers one, and that was the first game all season where Revis wasn't glued to the #1 guy.

12. dbrickawall

dbrickawall Member

Rex on Cro:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/rex-on-cromartie.html

Curiously, Rex Ryan wasn't made available on the conference call to discuss the Antonio Cromartie trade, but he released this statement through the team:

"He’s got great man cover skills that are unusual. It’s rare to see a corner with his ball skills. He’s a difference maker. There’s an old saying when you evaluate corners - ‘Can they find it? Can they catch it?’ - and he can do all that.

"He’s got long arms where he can press you at the line of scrimmage. He’ll fit perfectly into our system. Now, we don’t necessarily have to always put Revis on the toughest guy. We can switch it up. This pair gives us even more options on defense. We should be able to disguise what we’re doing a little better than we’ve done in the past.

"He’s going to be a huge, huge addition for us because what he’s going to bring to the table from a physical standpoint is going to be tremendous. He’s got some unbelievable gifts and we’re just fortunate to have him on our team. When you combine him with the players that we already have, we’re going to be really tough on defense.”

13. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

I don't like Cromartie, I don't think he has the heart to play the game the best way, but I do like the deal, if that makes sense.

We were pretty limited as I understand it with teh final 4 rule, so I think we got the best CB we could've gotten based on that situation and for a future pick, that is even better.

Hopefully Rex will get him to play harder.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Okay, yeah, I guess I did see GreenHornet write something like that. I don't see how it applies to what I wrote, but whatever.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Seems like Rex is going to have to do a bit more coaching to get Cro to fit the system. If anyone can get it done, it's going to to be Rex or no one.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Cro fits the system well. He's a better man cornerr then zone corner. We jsut happen to play a shit ton of man to man. Tahts the best thing goign for us right now.

17. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Got to give major props to Tanny on this deal. Can't wait to see what he pulls off next. Tanny for GM of the year!!

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He's never been asked to play bump-and-run before and I still have questions about his physicality. Hopefully those were products of his defensive system.

19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

I dont think so. Id say we all thought (most boards anyways) he would end up in Detroit and though i cant speak for everyone, i myself didnt think the Jets being interested was real serious.

I dont hate the Jets but i still dont like Kaeding for choking and glad Cro is gone because that lack of effort on Greene was the last straw. Sick of seeing him puss out on tackles when he can stick his hat in there.

As for the man to man. I think he could do better in a more man to man system but he isnt a physical corner. He has cover skills but bites on moves too and he is no help in run support.

We played a lot of zone the year he had 10 INT's too so i dont know why he was complaining about it. He predicted the next season he would have 15 INT's so he only has himself to blame.

He did play with a crack in his hip for most of 2008 (after Marshall torched him for 18 catches) so we all gave him a pass but he didnt really improve and was still a puss.

#419 Boltjolt, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No matter what Cro is an improvement at the CB position I just dont think hes going to be that much of a star here. I really hope I wrong but I see him as Kerry Rhodes 2. And by that I mean a very talented vagina.