Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Heres the good thing. Revis will be covering the #1 Reciever. Cromartie will be covering the #2. So his job is going to be a lot more easier. Which in turn, he should be able to shut down the 2nd reciever.

2. 624

624 Banned

I'm glad he is going to be in more man then zone, he wasn't just covering #1st in San Diego.

Cromartie was the 3rd best CB in the system in SD, probably the 2nd best corner on the team. Quentin Jammer is a very underrated corner. A lot of Jet fans have a misconception that #1 CB covers the #1 WR the whole game. That is just becasue we have Revis, teams usually never do that.

#382 624, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

A 3rd next year is like a 2nd this year, right?

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

All depends who is drafting-

For Al Davis every Raiders pick is the last pick in the draft.

5. 624

624 Banned

No, that's not how it works.

A 3rd next year is like a 4th this year.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Ok, was just wondering based on draft value. Hope this isn't Lito 2.0. Cromartie certainly seems more talented, but I never get to see San Diego games anyway.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Now that it appears Cromartie is a Jet, this is how he is described in Yahoo Sports news articles:

"Cornerback Antonio Cromartie, a former All-Pro who struggled in coverage last season, was traded to the New York Jets by San Diego."

Damn Dolphin fans. There're everywhere.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I think cromartie kind of sucked last season. So i don't see this as a great move by the jets. Hopefully Cro can improve and improve the Pass D.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you also thought Sanchez sucked and Clemens should've played instead last season....so really, your opinion on anything should be taken with a grain of salt.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You should probably just chug the whole shaker in this case.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

On Sportsnation they asked the fans if this trade is a blockbuster or a bomb, 82% said its a blockbuster.

This trade makes me just wanna go nuts with drafting pass rushers now and getting Adalius Thomas plus giving Gholston some playing time.

Rhodes Revis Cromo Leonard in the secondary we can go absolutely freaking nuts with the Blitz next year.

And imagine if we draft a corner in the first 3 rounds on top of that (or hell even the first round)

When we have 3 corners on the field teams are gonna start crying. Thank god every single team in the nfl outside of the Jets/Titans is completely dependent on passing the ball.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Leonhard will be back next season with "two" hands too......imagine the possibilities

13. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

I think the Jets system and scheme fit Cromarties skill set much better then the past couple of years in San Diegos. He's more of a bump-n-run, press coverage corner then the zone they have been playing as of late. He also played an entire season with a fractured hip, so though he may not like hitting 230 pound RBs, at least hes tough enough to play through injuries I give him a pass on that season. Hes a very talented player at 6-2 200 pounds and instantly becomes the best athlete on our team. I think his ball hawk skills will complement Revis island very well. People are saying he gives up yards. Yes he does but last year his CTH% against was in the mid 50s so thats not bad at all. There will never be 2 LEGIT shutdown corners on the same team at the same time. The closest thing in recent memory was when Chris McCallister and Samari Rolle were on the Ravens together. 2011 3rd pick which will probably be in the 20s and hopefully #32 is well worth the gamble with a player of his talent. I hope it becomes a 2nd rd pick bc that means he returns to form.

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Now that's funny...

Late to the party...my $.02:

We got a known quantity starting caliber CB for the equivalent of this year's fourth...or possibly third. This frees us up to take BPA in the draft and says that Rex was serious when he said the goal was to go to the Big Dance every year.

Criticize Cro all you want, but considering what we paid for a washed up Lito last year, this deal was more than fair priced...#64 overall, meh.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

^ Pasted from above

17. Denny

Denny Active Member

I think the trade is a great one. No one will pass on the Jets. With Jenkins back we will be looking at a lot of short fields. We are the "Beast of the East!"

18. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

"I'm glad he is going to be in more man then zone, he wasn't just covering #1st in San Diego.

Cromartie was the 3rd best CB in the system in SD, probably the 2nd best corner on the team. Quentin Jammer is a very underrated safety. A lot of Jet fans have amisconception that #1 CB covers the #1 WR the whole game. That is just becasue we have Revis, teams usually never do that."

Cro was never really covering #1s. If chargers played man, jammer would be on them. Cromartie was better than Cason which is why cromartie started over cason, but i guess the chargers feel Cason is ready to take over for Cro.

Jammer is a CB not a safety.

A lot of jet fans also have a misconception that revis only covers #1 receivers. If that was the case than Vincent Jackson owned revis in the playoff game, but we all know that wasnt the case.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

way to kick Jones in the stomach on the way out, Tanny :smile:....but it's basically what most of us were saying since the season....TJ can't handle contact when hitting the hole....without our stellar oline, TJ would be irrelevant.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Let's hope for Cromartie's sake one of those "loose ends" he has to tie up is between his legs!