17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i bet they add that at a later date.
    and it most definitely will be on the paper invoice.
    there is no way they are gonna let that parking money slide.....till game day

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Yes and let us know about whether we need to invest in oxygen tanks.

3. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

And how does this help you champ? You are not in row 316.

I think I get it, you want to see what the view looks like 2-3 decks over from your actual seats in the corner endzone.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thats correct just to have a idea of the actual sight lines

5. championjets69

That is very good thinking

6. championjets69

Here is my post from the other day

I am relaying this to you so U feel like you only got the short hose from Woody

I went to my MD today & we got to talking about last years seasons with him. If you think you got a tale of woe try this one on for size.

He is from Dallas & his granddad was a original STH of the Cowboys so that takes the seats back to the 60s. His tix were on the 50 yard line 7 rows up in the what he termed the 2nd deck at the old stadium. He owned 4 seats just like you. When Jerry built the ultra dome he was offered 4 seats in the new stadium. Again they were in the 2nd deck as he described it. His PSL was 50Gs per seat or 200Gs for the 4 seats. His does get drinks delivered to his seats for that however. Just thought you would like that tiny piece of info. Oh yes BTW he declined the seats & said that Jerry's only non PSL srea is the SRO area!

No matter if U think it is obscene it is a FACT & somebody payed it for the seats the MD granddad gave up

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

So if you have crappy seats in uppers jets want you to pay for them by April 15. The supposed seat re-allocation will not take place until afterwards.

So I am supposed to believe that someone who currently has seats in last 5 rows of UD EZ, who aleady paid for them, will be re-located to better seats out of the kindness of the Jets while they attempt to re-sell undesirable seats to new people?

I hope Jets do it. But I am at a loss from a financial point of view why they would do it.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Only thing in Texas is steers and queers. So why are we talking about Texas?

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Their front rows command top dollar, maybe you should invest there too.

10. championjets69

So that NYJ STHers can see what other teams are doing.

Also they were NOT front row seats if you read my original post correctly

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. 17a_tailgater

the last 5 rows of the uppers will have no shot at relocating.
    top seniority can relocate and the ones who said no to uppers have a chance to rethink it with our afc title appearence and free agent moves.

you will never sniff a relocate

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So 17A, what should I do? Call my rep.and tell her to contact me if better seats open up in the UD after everyone pays up. I am a 30 year season tic holder, that gives me a chance or is there really not that many UD seats gonna open up? I am section 319, row 10. BTW, I park in M20 which is the north side of the Izod which is easy for me coming off the southbound turnpike prior to the first toll.... you know the permit holder only sign Thanks. And on a football note, great signing today, geez if that guys raises his game, we could have the best dee in the NFL. Ooops sorry... ummm "WOODY SUCKS".

#5633 sec314, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  14. 17a_tailgater

absolutely call your rep bug the shit out of him.what is the worst that could happen,you stay where you are???? i would also take the tour this way at least you know what your giving up first....

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Took the tour today. My seats are located in section 317, Row 20. It seems awful high up with lots of stairs to navigate to get there. I sat in the uppers last season so it's nothing new to me.

The view I liked best and seemed reasonable was the mezzanine, $4,000 PSL seats. Neither my friend or I are going to upgrade to seats there but they just seemed nice.

The Jets rep really didn't seem too interested in attempting an upgrade sale. I asked her actually, just for my own curiousity. I really wasn't too impressed. I thought I would get "wowed" but really didn't. I mean, it's nice, but I guess I came away thinking most of the newer ammenities would never be used by myself or the people I know. I just want a ticket and a restroom and I'm good to go.

I also thought thought the construction was running behind. They have a concert scheduled for the end of May and there are lots of little things still to be completed.

16. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Seat Amenities

Maybe a dumb question, but in any tours you have taken, has anyone noticed any improvements in the fan seating, over the old stadium. I mean such things as more knee room, cup holders, the alleged increase in rest rooms/vending, wider concourse, etc.
    These were issues that were largely pushed when the Jets were trying to convince us of why we needed the new stadium. Have you seen these? Are they noticiable?

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

There are cup holders in all seats. I was there in November so the place looks a lot different now. Also the club seats have cushions. Basically I'm paying $20 more a ticket for a cupholder for next season and I rarely ever buy a beer inside the stadium I do my drinking before the game. :drunk:

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They can hold water or pepsi too-

lol

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No seat cushions in the upper deck, barely much more room. Its so far away from the field, SOB, its worse then Shea. I guess it could be worse, be a Giant fan and throw away a grand to sit in the UD. And parking is $25 and its gonna be upfront once again. At least do it for regular season only. I thought paying for parking upfront was because of the construction. Now they got us for parking for pre-season games. This will be the one and only year I care about pre-season, stake the place out.

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I think the leg room in the new stadium is better than the old. And the upper teir didn;t seem as steep as the old.

And the cup holder will be key. I'm good for spilling a beer a season (at least). That's like $10 wasted.

The concourse in the upper deck looked slightly wider that the old one. The concourses downstairs were wide enough for a semi to drive through. Since the work wasn't completed, I couldn't check out the restroom situation but I did notice one just outside the tunnel for my section.