Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Good thing Green is on the same team, and I hate Rhodes cause of his big mouth not his because the way he tackles.

This is the last year of his contract, his is going to play his ass off.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I know it was just worth saying.

* Cromartie has at least seven children in five states. Depending on the report, they were born to five or six women. (If he can't keep them straight, how can we?) All the children are under 6 years old.
    * The San Diego Union-Tribune has reported he owes $25,000 in unpaid child support and has been the subject of five paternity lawsuits over the past three years.
    * The Union-Tribune reported Friday morning Cromartie twice has failed to appear in court to address traffic tickets and has neglected to pay $799 in fines.
    * The same story noted Cromartie is due in court this month for a case related to child support.
    * San Diego police investigated him for assault for allegedly hitting a man over the head with a champagne bottle at a bar in November. No charges were filed for lack of evidence.
    * Chargers coach Norv Turner fined Cromartie $2,500 for ripping the team's training-camp cuisine and suggesting that type of treatment is why they can't win Super Bowls.

lol

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

With Rex Ryan as coach you know the training camp cuisine is top notch

4. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I think the trade was a very good one. Going from Lito Sheppard to Cromartie is a huge step. And for what? A 3rd round pick! This is a no brainer.

And yes, 25-year-old Cromartie has a lot of problems to deal with. He just needs to hire a good accountant to spread that wealth to his baby mamas and get his head in the game. If he can do that, which may not be easy (he's had a negative effect on a lot of people), he will be loved in NY.

Great trade, Tanny!

Now, just keep Thomas Jones to keep Cromartie in line!

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Turner's mom should be fined $2,500 for naming her kid "Norval".

6. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

as a charger fan i hate to admit but you guys got a great deal. There is definitely a lot of downside to cromartie. A lot of his INTs in 2007 were overthrows or deflected passes, but the guy has great speed and is a decent corner who was improving his game. some lowlights include:

The hochuli game, Brandon Marshall owned him the entire game, i think marshall caught 19 passes that game and cro was covering him the entire time.

The pitt game this year. The opening game of the season against raiders, check the 4 minute mark . I cant post links yet, but just go to you tube and type in San Diego Chargers-Oakland Raiders 24-20 NFL Week, at the 4 minute mark youll see what i was talking about. This was a 4th and 15 play and he was responsible for the WR (notice the Safety pointing at him as he passed him by). The 2008 playoff game against indy he fell asleep covering wayne who zipped by him for the only TD allowed in the 2nd half and of course the playoff game this year against his current team. He is susceptible to double moves (gets totally turned around at times.)

Off the field he has had his share of problems as well. Hes got 7 kids from 6 different mothers, he tweets like crazy (last training camp he tweeted about how bad the food was at charger camp). He got into some fight at a bar with a champagne bottle but no files were charged.

That being said, he was a good corner when he tried. If the D plays as well as it did last year you have an improvement of a #2 corner as he can take advantage with a blitzing D instead of the zone that was being played in SD. He also appears to be the type that will play his ass off for a new contract. Not the brightest guy in the world but he wants to get paid...(hell, he needs to get paid to support all his kids). The chargers also applied next to no pressure on the QB for all of 2008 and the first half of 2009 when cro was at his worst. With the jets, that pressure will be there and cro could thrive. Hes good for a mental error or 2 per game, he gets his share of holding penalties and he can get beat deep (ochocinco beat him deep this year). But all in all for a conditional pick next year he is worth it, even if it ends up only a 1 year rental, the guy should prove his worth. just dont expect him to tackle a running back. His mentor is Deion. Deion has taught him that a CB shouldnt tackle.

good luck cro, i will miss you.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What about Orel Leonard Hershiser's mom??

That poor kid-

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Everybody bitching about all Cromartie's kids needs to realize that he's more successful than you in ways that extend off the field and out of the bank. Not that I'm a supporter of his proclivities, but the reason we all exist is to perpetuate our own genes and the best way to do that is with multiple partners and lots of offspring. That keeps your genes healthy and alive in a mix with a bunch of other genes, making it more likely they will ultimately survive the long contest.

They did a study of the Central Asian gene pool in 2003 that suggests that 16 million living Asian men carry Genghis Khan's Y chromosome. That's 8% of the men in the region, and he's been dead for 1,000 years.

So my nickname for Cromartie will be Little Genghis. Now let's just hope Rex Ryan can make him hit like the real thing.

9. MadBacker Prime

I don't care if he's got 20 kids and they're all homeless teenage Moms.

If he does his job and does it well that is all I care about.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, it could be that. Or it could just be the Hennessy.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He's actually named after his dad, he's Orel IV, I believe. In fact I think I remember his kid's name is Oral V, and the call him Quinten. [Dodger fan]

12. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

He admitted in 2008 it was a distraction and one of the reasons for his poor performance that year.

13. MadBacker Prime

What a crap tradition-

Maybe this means there will be many Orel's "going down" in the history books.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The really elegant thing about the gene pool is that it doesn't care if beer goggles were involved. Which of course perpetuates beer goggles very nicely.

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

THAT is f#^*ing hysterical! :rofl:

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There is Oral Roberts.... that nut has a college named after him.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What are we talking though? Tajikistan? Uzbekistan? Mongolia? Not exactly major players in the world although I do love me some Mongolian BBQ.

18. dco20

dco20 New Member

So he's got 7 kids with 5 different women, I wonder how much more crotchfruit he will produce while in New York??????????

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

LOL GREAT - this is getting good guys. I also loved the comment back a ways about Rex and the camp food. That was great too, We're funny!

Br4dw4y5ux, what's your avatar backstory? Who's in the rabbit suit?

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I am not even sure Br4dw4y knows he has an avatar.