Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Just wait.......Cro has talent as a cover guy but he will disappoint you. You guys are giddy now but it will wear off.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

Revis Island and Alcrotraz.

San Diego Delenda Est.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

:rofl::up::rofl:

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

And then you are saying Cro was #2 on your team. Why would he be covering Brandon then? Just curious.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't need to. I know Cro is better than Lito, and that's all I need to know.

Remember, this defense still put up respectable numbers even with liabilities like Lito. Are you saying Cro will do worse than Lito? You've got to be kidding me there, buddy.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Hm. Can't claim to be overly excited about this, but the guy is a Jet now so he has my support.

7. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Filling the needs

Ms. Coach and I spent time over a great dinner last night with two Jet Fans we met this season. My major point of the discussion was that we had to do something about more support for Revis. He's big time, but that lets the whole other side of the field open! Manning chewed us up away from #24, just as most other QB's tried.

I'm not convinced the Cro can be as good,but he sure can be better then what we fielded. It will let our front 7 play more smashmouth ball. Yes, the Chargers dumped him for their reasons...just like we dumper Mawae, Penny, John Abraham and others who did more then just OK for the new team. I don't care that his "production" tailed off the last two years. I think it was the coverage that changed.

I'm hoping that the next news I get is about a TALL WR and backup for the OL.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I love this move, but Cromartie is two bad decisions away from becoming the defensive version of Travis Henry.

Per ESPN:

Seven kids! ...the fuck?

9. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

It gets better.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We're better then we were yesterday so i'm ok with it.

11. CatoTheElder

It gets better. From Rotoworld:
    What the Hell does Bloomberg have to do with the Jets now? They do not even practice in New York anymore. The New York title is pretty much a joke for now.

EDIT: Wow, Cuse beat me to it with the exact same words...

12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Great minds....no wait. Shitty minds still up at 345am, think alike.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So Crom will pull something Plaxico-eqsue if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.

can he do it after a SB like Plax did? Yes? Good, thanks.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Low risk for the Jets...one year player if he plays shitty and continues his off-field shit, since AC is due a new contract in 2011.

I remember last year when we got Sheppard......most loved the move.

There is a reason teams unload players.....just like we want to unload Rhodes.

15. CatoTheElder

So he's going to shoot himself in the leg at the age of 28?

16. CatoTheElder

Sheppard was a lot cheaper than Cromartie could be. If that pick bumps to a 2nd and he walks it is going to leave a much more bitter taste.

17. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

Now we have to get rid of Rhodes. We cannot have two guys in the secondary who can't tackle.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Lets all be honest that 2007 season was amazing from cromartie. The guy has a ton of talent and when he's motivated can be one helluva corner (similar situation with braylon) i dont mind the trade at all considering cromartie does have a ton of tallent and great job by tanny trading a 2011 conditional pick.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Cromartie has more legal problems
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 5, 2010 4:38 AM ET
    Antonio Cromartie is headed to New York, but his legal problems aren't going away.

The San Diego Union Tribune reports that Cromartie failed to appear in court twice recently for traffic tickets and owes $799 in traffic-related fines.

He's also scheduled to appear later this month for a "judgment debtor's exam" which has to do with child support he owes to one of the mothers of his children.

Cromartie has at least seven different children with six women and the same paper reported last month he owed $25,000 in child support.

Cromartie will be extra motivated to play well this season, because the Jets plan to make him play out the final year of his contract, according to SI's Peter King.

Our night really kicked into high gear with Cromartie's trade at 10:30 PM, and it will soberly end here with his legal issues. We're going to pass the baton over to MDS, who has woken up even earlier than scheduled to take over the rumor mill.

It's been fun, people. I'll see you in a little while when the insanity picks back up.

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Let's get this straight... Cromartie is a class one ass-hole and I hope as soon as he lands in NY Leonhard and Revis start kicking his ass on making him a more responsable guy... I'm going to have a VERY hard time rooting for him.

That said if that picks stays a 3rd and doesn't escalate to a 2nd football-wise it's great value... we'll see...