Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I was on the fence about Cro, it depended on what we gave up to get him.

I don't mind giving up the pick in next years draft. Good trade. <3 Tannenbaum.

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

isnt anyone worried about the fact that now our #1 and #2 cornerbacks only have 1 year left on their contracts....

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Not a huge fan of Cromartie, and that Jets-Chargers playoff game really made me laugh with him.

However, this is an excellent trade by Tanny. Giving up a 3rd next year for a guy who can really help us this year opposite Revis is a great move. Sure he has his issues, but this guy is entering a contract year, is still young, has an incredible amount of ability, and has proven in the past that he can dominate. I have the utmost confidence in Rex to get the most out of this guy and use him properly.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

there will be a lot of people leaving next year.

Someone isn't getting resigned. Someone else might get traded for draft picks. The team will be filling spots.

The good news is that there will be a salary dump for most players to sign the core dudes. And then you find the role players.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Someone is going to be the first Jet to be franchised since John Abraham. I'm guessing that Tannenbaum is either waiting for a new CBA to come in place, or he is going to sign a couple of players in the middle of the season(Revis and Mangold better be the first two).

6. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I love the signing and the fact it came so cheap..he is a sick number 2 across from revis..san diego is going to regret this for sure in the future.

Also to the haters out there..your nuts..if he is going to join this kind of team..there is no slacking..and these guy will chew him up for trying to play like a bitch..i guarantee he does just fine..Tanny is awesome .. I love having a team that goes out and gets it done..sick move I am pumped we are going to fuck things up next year

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Love the move for a conditional pick in 2011. Good job Tanny.

8. CatoTheElder

Does anyone know what the escalator for the compensation is? I think Glazer said playing time and/or performance, but NFL Network has only said performance. Has that been cleared up yet?

9. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I've been trying to find this myself, and I still don't see a definitive answer anywhere. Nothing specific has been mentioned on NFL Live either, unfortunately.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

maybe # of tackles, picks, completed balls, PI, some other percentage stat that you can't find on the web etc.

and snaps.

11. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

our defense just got better, we will play even more, man, too man now.

and for a third [maybe 2nd] rd. pick, in 2011, i like it

12. CatoTheElder

At the very least, we got solved the injury(Sheppard) and speed problems(Lowery) at our #2 CB spot. Have we cut Strickland yet?

13. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I can't believe Jets were able to pull this trade off....giving up so little. Tanny...GM of the Year....

I see this as just the beginning...Jets have there pair of bookend CB's & now the game is on...baby.....:metal:

14. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Solid move. Worth a 3rd rounder if we can sign him to a longer deal.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love this move-

D-Rex is going to be even better, how scary is that?

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I'd be wary of the situation, but from the way it looks, Tanny yet pulled another fast one on this deal. Here is my logic:

2. Cro had his best years with SD when they had Cotrell as the DC. That's when their defense 'attacked' the opposing offense, and that's when the opposing QBs made a lot of mistakes out of the pressure. He is on record to have said that he hates the zone scheme the chargers are currently employing; he wants to go back to the attacking style - and when it comes to the 'attacking style' of defense, what better defense is out there than the defense of the "Band of Lunatics"? Maybe we all will witness the resurrection of this kid in our scheme.

3. This part is the beauty of the trade. First of all, the draft picks are slated a round by the year; what I mean is simply that, next year's 3rd is only good for this year's 4th. So, in that regard, Tanny only is giving up 4th round pick this year that may go up to 3rd. Which is essentially nothing in comparison to the calibre of Cromartie. On top of that, Jets get Cro's full year of service at no charge this year; Chargers get to grab their pick only when the next draft comes around. I'd say Tanny fleeced the Chargers left and right in this trade; they got absolutely nothing for the talent of Cromartie this year, if anything.

17. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

He'd better have his head on straight.

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

We will probably draft someone in the DL with the first pick and it wouldn't shock me at all to go CB with the 2nd. It's a pass-first league and the road to the Super Bowl goes thru the Patriots, Colts, Chargers and Steelers. Teams that line up 3 wide and have multiple weapons. And once you get thru them, you'd still have to face pass-heavy teams like the Saints, Cards, Eagles and Cowboys.

19. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

THIS IS My PROPS TO TANNY Thread.....

For me...the unbelievable just happened. Jets just stole Cromartie from Chargers for basically nothing....this gives the Jets bookend CB's...

Jets still have Rhodes, still have there draft picks.....I'm just so fuk'n xcited ....this is unreal. I can't wait to see there next few moves & who they draft. Remember Jets like to trade up.

I really believe the Tanny/Rex combo will really produce even better quality players being brought in.....Also, don't be surprised to see Jets re-sign Thomas Jones for less money; Because you can believe he wants to come back to Jets & get some more of this Jets-Love-Fest goin' down.....

Superbowl or not....Jets will be even more fun to watch next season. I can't wait....Even if I die, I'll watch it all from heaven....:grin:

P.S. .....I'm so glad Pats & Belichek didn't get there hands on Cromartie.....Phew !!!!!! :metal:

20. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

I love this. Even if Rhodes stays we have one of the best secondaries on paper.