GIANTS to open new stadium!? HOW?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Feb 8, 2010.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I've said it once or twice myself. The fact that fat fuck's "thread" has over (what?) 3,000 responses to it should be an embarrassment to this board as a whole. I wish one of the mods would block the thread (which I asked more than a month and a half ago) because of its ridiculousness.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

The Cesspool should have received a massive content boost a long time ago.

#82 CatoTheElder, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

I hope the Giants get POUNDED.. I hope that this new stadium begins a long, futile stretch for the Giants where they end up like the Detriot Lions.. My least favorite team in the NFL, easy.

4. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Inferiority complex much?

5. CuttingEdgeNY

CuttingEdgeNY Banned

*yawn*

I am not a bandwagon fan. In fact, I am not nearly as high on Sanchez as some here are and acting like he is the second coming already. I am a Jets fan.

Second, your DBs do suck. Big time. They got torched week after week. Your highlight of the season was starting 5-0 vs crap teams and then ending up 8-8 while getting blown out the last few games of the season. Congrats on declining.

6. FriendlyGiantsFan

I really hope that yawn was a genuine one and not just an attempt to appear disinterested, because you really don't know what you're talking about with the Giants' secondary. This is probably because, despite your feelings on Sanchez, you are a bandwagon fan that joined a forum to keep the ride of a strong Jets' season going.

Now, let's turn this into a learning experience, shall we? The Giants were without their #2 corner Aaron Ross all season due to a series of hamstring injuries. The few appearances he did make saw him play safety. This is because the Giants lost the centerpiece of their secondary, and by all reports the signal-caller and brains of the outfit, Kenny Phillips after only 2 game. Corey Webster, the #1 CB for the Giants had to deal with lingering hip and knee injuries in the later half of the season. In addition to all this, Kevin Dockery had a hamstring injury he suffered after week 2 of the season and this actually had him benched for a UDFA.

Let's review this laundry list.

1. Corey Webster is the shutdown CB for the Giants. Last year he finished second only to Polamalu in passes defended and allowed 8% of the passes thrown on him to be completed. While he's not as good as Revis, he's damn similar. The way the Giants use the fact that he can be matched up in single coverage as the basis for their blitz packages (though we'll talk more about schemes later) is not unlike how the Jets base their defense around the fact that Revis can play in cover 0.

2. Kenny Phillips was drafted because of his football IQ and ability to lead a secondary, as per Steve Spagnuolo. Losing his leadership and skill on the field also hurt.

3. We played the entire season without a #2 CB.

4. We were forced to play a UDFA at nickel and sometimes even at #2 CB.

There are no shortage of posters on this board who point out how Peyton shredded your secondary once injuries crippled it. The Giants secondary was in this state for the majority of 2009. Maybe if you had been here for more than a week you could have joined in on those discussions.

Finally, and most importantly, is the fact that Bill Sheridan is a FUCKING MORON and ran zone blitz schemes that routinely let players run free. This is because unlike Spags, who used the zone blitz to take away the hot reads, Sheridan tried to use the dropping lineman as true coverage.

Combine these things and you have the state of the Giants defense in 2009; injured, playing on a skeleton crew, and lead by a man that is roughly on par with the coaching staff from the film Little Giants (and by this I mean the actors, not their characters).

That was an actual argument making use of facts, statistics, and demonstrating an actual knowledge of football. You're more than welcome to try and follow suit.

And does one down year really constitute a decline? Really? Well gee, if having a season at .500 two years removed from one of the most spectacular Super Bowl runs ever means we're declining, I can only imagine what it must feel like to be 41 years removed from a Super Bowl win. But hey, you guys are the "biggest show in town" now. I guess we've got some work to do before our decline compares to yours.

Congrats on flatlining.

*yawn*

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHO is there is no such thing as a "freindly NYG fan" which U R making urself out to be. IMHO all U are doing is tweaking us NYJ fan since U R jealous of our success this past season vs ur failure this past season. Best go back to posting on your board where U will get the love & sympathy U R looking for. JMHO

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

If you look up my post history I think you'll see that I've been respectful to most posters here and have brought, I hope, some football knowledge to the table as well. I've never, however, had any tolerance for Internet tough guys that think they know football. If you want to talk tough but can back it up with knowledge, such as Mr. Electric, I have no problem with that. Guys with an attitude that don't know a damn thing about football piss me off. I clashed with bigmehl a few weeks ago and apologized for being out of line; I had pegged him as a guy with attitude and no knowledge of football when he in fact knew quite a bit and his only crime was disagreeing with me.

I'm not jealous of anything the Jets have done this past season; 2009 isn't the be-all and end-all of the NFL season. I'm happy the Jets had this season as I have a number of friends that are Jet fans and I think they deserve to gain some joy from a team that has far more frequently ripped their hearts out than filled them with pride and fuzzy feelings.

I do not, however, have any patience for bandwagon fans of any team. I've actually ripped new Giants fans that suddenly started coming out of the woodwork after 2007. The Jet equivalent seems to be similar in that it's an individual that knows nothing. The only difference that I take offense towards is the "I know nothing of substance about the Jets, but I know they did better than the Giants" mentality that they bring to the table.

Look past the teams involved, which I admit is difficult, you'll see that this isn't a Giants-Jets issue. It's more of a "I think he's a bandwagoner that knows nothing of football and I dislike this" issue.

And, for your edification, I do post on a Giants board and the Jet hatred over there bothers me. I have nothing against the team.

Some of their fans, however....

By the way, if you'd like to comment on the actual football related content of my post, feel free at any time.

And, in my not so humble opinion, I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry guy I have read your posts over time & have felt in all of them they contained constant tweaking of our failures over time. Finally I had it up to U know so I decided to post what I posted. I was sure when I posted it that U would totally disagree & it will be up to others in this forums to determine if U R just playing with us or totally serious. IMHO as I said you are just another teams fan troll attempting to make fun of us NYJ fans. No matter what U say will not change my opinion of you even if ur posts contain as U posted some "FB" related material

10. FriendlyGiantsFan

You're entitled to your opinion, even if I disagree with it. I think my record speaks for itself in regards to me not being a troll. While I certainly can be a dick at times (posting while drunk/hungover isn't a good idea on my part) I think that I've put forth a genuine effort to contribute to football discussions here and I hope that most would agree.

Also, put yourself in my shoes. I'm here trying not to troll, but then I have posters bashing my team. It's a fine line to walk. And no, I am not saying I expect complete respect for the Giants here, I would be shocked if I saw that. But comments like "fuck the vaGiants and their fucking pussy fans" get me riled up a bit.

Look at other trolls here and then look at my posts. In addition to that, think of all the shots I COULD have taken over the years I've been here if I actually was a troll.

In summation:

Am I an asshole? Pretty much.

Am I troll? No.

Do I bring anything of value to the forum? I like to think so, but I guess that's up to everyone else to decide.

And, FWIW, your track record of posting hasn't exactly endeared you to everyone on this board.

11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

fuck the vaGiants and their fucking pussy fans

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

FGF, Don't mind Champ. You're good people and a one of the better opposing fans on this site.

13. CuttingEdgeNY

CuttingEdgeNY Banned

And they still got torched. You suck. your defense sucks. Your team sucks and is overrated. You won't finish better than 3rd place in your division for a few years now. Sorry.

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

Nicely played, sir. Nicely played.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Between the little brother and the red headed step child comments, I'm wondering what kind of families some of our members come from? Are some of your parents monarchs? Do some of you have red headed sisters who were adopted for the sole purpose of cleaning your house dare I say Cinderella's?

Talk about dysfunctional families. Who gives a shit who opens The New Giants stadium:smile:

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

To be honest I've never really felt that the Jets were inferior to the Giants or playing second fiddle. The Giants don't dominate the city the way the Yankees do, not even close, and Jets fans are generally more outspoken anyway. They won more Super Bowls, sure, but it's not like they ever had a dynasty or anything like that.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Holy Crap, I can't believe I never heard that before-

I learned something new today, thanks!!

18. FriendlyGiantsFan

Right now you're just adding credence to my thesis that you're a bandwagoner douchebag that knows nothing about football and tries to mask this by being offensive (though at this point I merely find you amusing, kind of a like Forrest Gump when he first saw boobies in person).

Let's see if you can add anything of value to a football discussion when I put it to you:

The Jets, despite the euphoria of good feelings most of their fans are feeling, might have a bit of a tougher road ahead of them than most expect. Their secondary is most likely going to see a LOT of turnover. Lito Sheppard, while a solid CB, is on the back nine of his career and is not even close to worth the money he's being paid. Strickland has had issues staying healthy, though he is a solid player when at 100%, and is unreliable because of this. Lowery, IMO, should be a safety as he is a solid tackler and is very good at keeping things in front of him. He does this for a reason, however, as he lacks great speed and his ability to play the ball in the air is questionable (mistimes his jumps). Ahmad Carroll is good for special teams play and as a nickel at the absolute best. I won't rehash the Kerry Rhodes situation.

So, what do you do? Who stays, who goes, and who should be brought in? You obviously care very much about secondaries being torched (either that or you're an asshole, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt). You seem condescension indicates you know a great deal of football, so please, educate me.

Prove your worth by showing an ability to talk football.

Oh, and while I appreciate your concern, you don't need to feel sorry for me. My team has won a few Super Bowls that I was able to watch live and can actually recall.

I can't wait to read your response, it will no doubt be enlightening.

19. FriendlyGiantsFan

You learn lots of new words talking to Eagles' fans. You also learn how to fight because their bunch of white-trash morons who think football is worth getting in fist fights over.

20. FriendlyGiantsFan

Thanks, I actually really do appreciate that. I often fear slipping over into the "troll zone" when the Giants come up as a topic of discussion. I try to play nice, for the most part, because I like a lot of the posters here.