GIANTS to open new stadium!? HOW?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

i meant our opening day, not the first game for nfl period, whatever day that is, thursday?

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

They just hatas cuz they ain't playas. :grin:

3. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Not till 2011.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Come on people - the NFL schedule is set in April and is not flexible. The Jets already know who their opponents are. The NFL is NOT going to alter its schedule to play a Jets-Giants game on opening day. Let's not be so foolish. Besides, nobody outside NYC gives a rat's ass about that game. And the NFL is not going to wait until the middle of August to see who opens the stadium every year.

If the Jets had their own stadium, who's to say that they would be home in week 1 anyway. The Jets first game in the new stadium, whether it is week 1, 2, or 3 will the Jets opener in the new stadium. This is a very silly insecure thread.

I agree completely with the Patriots thing, though. Enough with opening the season at home against the Pats. And let's play them at home late in the season instead of always playing them here first in September. I want Sanchez to get another 10-12 games under his belt before the Jets play the Pats at home.

5. deef

deef Member

The Jets open their stadium when they play. I don't see what the big deal is.

I also wouldn't want a Giants/Jets opener. I'm tired of regular season Superbowls, let's not put unnecessary importance on a single game. Whoever isn't the "home" team is bent out of shape - and let's face it that's going to be us. Then, if the Jets win, big whoop it gets forgotten right away, it's one regular season game. However, if the Jets were to lose...especially on a fluke...SOJ would be resurrected faster than Francesa can eat a footlong submarine sandwich (don't lie, it would damage all of you psychologically if the Jets lost this hypothetical game - and don't give me that "they wouldn't" business because no win is ever a certainty). The Giants aren't even a rival. We don't need to beat the Giants to have legitimacy, period. We have bigger fish to fry, like teams in our division that we actually care about.

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I'm sure in this present economy building 2 stadiums for 2 professional teams of the same sport in the same city makes a ton of sense.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cutler + Martz = Cutler's arm falls off by the 3rd quarter and Matt Forte gets cut by the 2nd.

8. Jt0323

Jt0323 New Member

should be Giants-Jets pre season game to open it up

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I can see it now...

MF: Hi, coach. I think there's some confusion here. I'm your starting running back and you have me picking up your dry cleaning on game day.

MM: Running back? Fuck your tits, sir. You will line up in the slot and you will like it!

MF: Can I stay in the backfield to passblock?

MM: Why would you do that?

*scene fades as we see Cutler crying in the background whilst nursing a beer and a bag of granulated sugar...what a gunslinger.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The economy wasn't the problem when they started building the Stadium and the 2 teams are fleecing fans as if they did build 2 seperate Stadiums.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

The stadium, at first, wasn't to be paid for by the taxpayers (if I'm not mistaken). Now, it's us fans. Me and the guy I split season tix with are going up to the 300s because we wouldn't pay PSLs. He's a season tix holder since Shea, so about a month after he turned them down (they wanted $10,000 each seat) the team called him up and offered 300s seats with no PSLs. I told him as long as we don't pay legalized extortion I'll do it. I just want to tailgate anyway. I actually prefer to watch the game on TV. But, there is nothing like being there.

12. nyjunc

The Jets never came out w/ PSL pricing for the upper deck seats, they charged more for lowere and mezz and since they have been a struggle to sell they have lowered pricing on PSLs and tickets.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Is it true that the Jets are charging more for PSLs than the Giants? I don't understand how both teams can charge completely different prices for the same seats.

14. nyjunc

I believe so but the the Giants are charging PSLs for upper deck seats while the Jets are not.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Looks like two completely different stadiums:

[​IMG]

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Those tickets gonna be less for season ticket holders, do you know?? Man, over 100 bucks to sit up top. I've only had tickets since 2001 and they were only $55 back then. And that was to sit in the lower bowl.

17. nyjunc

I started going to every game as a kid in 1990, it cost my parents $185 a ticket for the season(lower level) w/ no preseason games being required. As late as 1997 it was only $30/game($240 a year) w/ no preseason but in 1998 it started to climb steadily and they began charging preseason.

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

LOL. I've gone to one preseason game in the 9 years, I've had the tickets. My deal with my buddy is I get 4 games and 1 preseason. A waste of two tickets every year. The game isn't even on the weekend anymore. If I had nothing to do and it was Saturday or Sunday, I'd probably say fuck it and go. But, Thursday night? Friday night? I can't even give them away,

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

fortes value as a rb is his pass catching ability. hes a pretty average back if you just look at him as a runner.

20. nyjunc

every once in a while I will go to the Jets-Giants preseaon game, other than that I haven't been to many. if they were Sat afternoon games I'd be much more likely to go.