A Bit Of Julius Peppers Hype for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Feb 2, 2010.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Last Night Chris Mortensen tweeted about 2 teams to look out for to sign Peppers and the two teams he mentioned were the Falcons and Jets, I remember after the Carolina game Rex couldnt get enough of Peppers and said he'd love to have a player of his caliber.

A Pats fan tweetd back that the Jets can't sign him because of FA restriction rules, and Peppers will be going to New England:rolleyes:

Mortensen went on to reply

http://twitter.com/MORTREPORT

Sounds like Morts looking for a possible loop hole, This could get interesting:up:

Btw I know Im gunna get bashed for another Peppers Thread but i think if we can front load his first contract year we can eliminate money as a possible issue.

#1 JohnnyThaJet, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. JohnnyThaJet

The Browns have also been reported of Possible interested teams.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i want julius peppers..and id imagine Kris Jenkins could also be used into the recruiting efforts.
    However if he costs alot of money then id try another route because of the people we need to resign

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Isn't there some deal that Peppers and Jenkins hate each other?

5. ganggreen51

ganggreen51 New Member

DUMERVIL! he's only 25 or 26 years old and has already played in a 3-4

i know they say he will go to miami because of nolan but who knows

6. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Loophole - Sign and trade by Carolina. Seems like an awful lot of work though.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

it's julius peppers... he is gonna cost a lot.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

rex will have them slug it out on the first day of mini camp and they will all go get a beer together.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, I read a bunch of stuff like that on Panthers boards before we traded for 77.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Peppers is more realistic than Asoumugha, and Peppers is still an unrealstic acquisition for the NYJ.

11. JohnnyThaJet

Im not to sure about that though i think Woody can get it done. Anybody have an opinion if the Jets did a sign and trade For Peppers how it would work out? I say a 1st, Bryan Thomas, Clowney and a 5th for Peppers and there 4th or swap 5th's.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would jump all over that.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

What? You want to give up a 1st, a 5th, and a starting OLB for a guy that only has a couple of years left?

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I hate Peppers... don't want him on the team.

PS Don't get me wrong... bery good football player! But I don't think he would fit well in the Jets locker room.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If they are wining, I doubt there is going to be too much of a problem. From what I remember, part of the problem was Peppers saying that Jenkins' weight was a huge problem for the team. Since then, Jenkins has kept his weight under control. I think Rex could manage Peppers' ego in the locker room and keep it from being a problem.

The main problem that I would have with acquiring Peppers is what will the Jets give up to grab a 30 year old DE/OLB and how will it affect the Jets' ability to build the team beyond securing a pass rusher for the franchise.

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

We would be crazy to give up Thomas, and Clowney has no trade value. Even a 1st seems like too much for a player that wants out and underperformed this year. That fits Jenkins description and we got him for a 3 and 5.

17. JohnnyThaJet

Honestly yes a would, First of all our 1st is practically a second rounder and we would use that pick for a potential DE rookie who may or may not pan out when Peppers is a proven player who could play at a high level for the next 4-5 years. Also we would switch our 5th with theres giving us a higher selction or get there 4th. Lastly, giving up thomas would free up Cap space and a Roster spot for peppers to fill and in all likely hood he will be playing at OLB and then rotate at DE during games and 4-3 sets.

18. JohnnyThaJet

Dont get me wrong if the Panthers want less then i say then id go for it BUT i feel clowney will help them in the slot , and thomas will replace peppers at that OLB spot even though its a down grade.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Why would we be crazy to give up Thomas? He's a solid solid run defender but his passrush is weak and he has no cover skills.... He's an average 3-4 OLB with a big contract. I like him, but I'd have no problems giving him up for a guy like Peppers.

20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

You would give up Thomas, a first rounder, a fifth rounder, and Clowney for Peppers? That seems like an awful lot. Of course I would trade Thomas for Peppers straight up, but that's unrealistic.

P.S. I know you didn't say that in your post, I'm just asking