Kerry Rhodes on SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 7 to Shea, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

LMAO...some of you could hear Jesus Christ himself come down and say "Kerry Rhodes is a Jet next season" and call Him a liar. ......Just b/c you wish something to be true doesn't make it so.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Not to be disrespectful but how old are you?

3. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

28....Why? How old are you?

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

22... mmm... ok, nevermind :)!

I just don't understand how you don't read between the lines in what Kerry is saying.

There is a possibility he remains a Jet but Rex clearly has told him he needs to get his act together and needs to change his mentality... do we agree on this at least?

Do we also agree on the fact that Rhodes has an enormus ego and that might get in the way of the thing stated above?

I'm trying to understand where I'm loosing your train of thought...

5. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

I would say there is more than a possibility, I would say it's 90% he stays, barring a huge offer that neither one wants to decline. Yes, I agree, Rex told him back in Nov, he needs to be more consistent and I think he did that since his benching and per Kerry on SNY, when they met on Monday he pretty much told him he answered the call, keep up the focus and that they want him back.

Does he have a huge ego? No, I think he is confident in himself and I'm never mad at that. Everyone's personality is different. J Co is different than TJ who is different than Revis who is different than Kerry. I appreciate them all. Variety is the spice of life. You don't get far in this world without having confidence in yourself.

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

1) Rhodes mentioned on SNY Rex told him yesterday he had to humble himself and listen to Thurman on how to get better.

Being consistent on the field is only one part of where he needs to get better... it's his work ethic and the mentality he has when he walks through the locker room's door that are put into question.

2) Ok, on this we disagree... When he compares his playing style to Ed Reed and when he says he' been a big part of what has been built here I think he is selling things waaay out of proportion.
    In my eyes he thinks he's the best (one of) when really he is average/good S depending on how he wakes up in the morning.

Does he have the talent to be great? Yes, but with his head he is far far away from being that. And talent doesn't mean anything in this league.

Look at JaMarcus Russell, from a physical standpoint he has all the talent in the world... but if he puts no work in his craft he'll go nowhere.

Rhodes put 2 years of efforts in becoming the player he is and then sai to himself: "Ok, I'm clearly great so I'll stop developing and just go out and play"... I just can't accept that mentality on our football team.

Anyways I got your opinion... I just strongly disagree with it.

7. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

What do you expect him to say? Rex told me to sack up and I refused?

The questions he wouldn't answer were glaring. If you want to be here and the Jets want you here, whats the issue? He offered a complete nonanswer.

8. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

1. How do you know what his work ethic & mentality is when he's in the locker room, are you there?

2. He has been a big part of what has been built here. Without his play in the playoffs (Chargers especially vs Gates) I would point to recently, we wouldn't have made it to the AFC Championship.

3. Don't we all think this depending on the day? I would hope so..I know I do.

4. I disagree...little to no talent won't get you anywhere in this league.

5. This statement should be directed at Gholston if we're comparing JR to anyone on the Jets.

6. See point #1

Final point, we can agree to disagree...it's all good. :)

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Sherry and Ghost to the Browns for their 1st, 3rd and 5th? Anyone?

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Why does every assume that Holmgren is as dumb/dumber than Mangini?

That being said, if the Browns are willing to do this...

[​IMG]

11. NEJets

NEJets Member

Only if Mangini still runs the draft!

12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Put me high on the list of people that want Rhodes GONE.

... But the Browns? That doesn't compute. If Rhodes' boy is Braylon Edwards, then obviously Rhodes has heard over and over and over again about the living hell that is Mangini's Cleveland Browns. That's the last place he'd want to go.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

1) Quote: But there is concern that Rhodes, who has the nickname “Hollywood,” may not fit into a tight-knit locker room. Several players told The Star-Ledger in November that Rhodes wasn’t exactly a popular figure among his teammates.
    “I have to re-evaluate myself and see if I fit in here,” he said on SNY’s “Wheelhouse.”
    Quote: Rex told me I have to humble myself and talk/listen to Thurman and to him...

2) Really? I don't see it that way... he has improved overall in the play-offs (and I'm very happy for that) but he excelled in those plays where he exhibithed his god given talent... when he was supposed to UNDERSTAND where to go he often got lost and f*d up coverage in some important situations.

3) not professional athletes. the greats go play every day with the same demeanor... look at Revis. In my opinion if you get paid like a great you have to play like a great... (7 mill isn't exactly nuts...)

4) Ok, I meant "inexpressed talent", I know talent itself is important.

5) I think it applies well to the KR situation... with the distinction that Rhodes actually did work his ass off when he was a no-one on the Jets roster. He just stopped when he became "Hollywood" Rhodes.

6) See my point one :)

Ok, I'm going to sleep night everyone...

#53 Mambo9, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the first question was point blanke "do you want to be a jet?"
    anything other than direct stare into the camera "yes" tells you exactly what you need to know.this egomaniac has to do a 2 min speil on how he's wanted here and they want him.he wants out.the lockeroom is probably done with him and he cn't handle not being liked.everything in that interview was "me" or "i".he's gone and he knows it.

15. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Sweet dreams! .....When you wake up, Kerry will still be a Jet! :)

no shade by the way. :wink:

16. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

he's not a player that likes to get dirty, and thats not a rex ryan type of player.

did anybody else notice when he had that strip sack and fumble vs san diego, he went straight to celebrating, rather then go after the loose ball?

vs the colts, he had a chance to pickup a fumble, but he waited for the ball to bounce up to him, rather than get hit, [dirty] he's a pretty, g.q boy, hell when i play back yard football my instincs take over when i see a ball loose, and my 1st reaction is to pounce on it, not scoop it up and run w/it.

17. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Wow, maybe you should tryout for the Jets this year at Safety and see how you do? Maybe you replace Kerry?

18. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

When I think of Kerry now, my mind flashes to tho the strip fumble that he caused Phillip Rivers a week ago, I see him jumping up in celebration as if to say look at me, I'm great!!!, when in reality he should have been trying to recover the fumble........ He is about Kerry, not about the jets.... and btw, what the fuck wold draw him to browns, he never cared for Mangini.....?

19. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

He would NEVER go to the Browns.

20. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

lol, then whats with the board pointing out his "brown and orange theme......lol