Draft Agile/Athletic DE/Pass Rusher!!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JfaulkNYJ, Jan 20, 2010.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Graham is that kind of player, maybe even better...you just don't see it.

Norwood will be long gone before our #64th pick.

#21 WW85, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I hada dream a couple days ago we drafted Carlos Dunlap in the 1st round hahaha kinda weirdd

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

haha i wish i had that dream

4. Gunther

Gunther Member

I was thinking Dunlap as well, and I still wouldn't mind getting Graham. That would be beautiful.

5. JetsLookingforDWare

I think you meant nightmare. You had a nightmare.

Our pass rush will be helped immensely by the return of Kris Jenkins. I also would love to draft one of the many DE/OLB prospects I like....Hardy...Lang...Graham...Norwood...Witten...Griffen...etc. but I hardly expect them to contribute immediately.

I think we can help our pass rush even more by improving our 3 man line...Oghobaase 2010...or Jones 2010...they're more likely to start and make an impact.

6. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Am I the only person on this message board who thinks we need to go CB in the first round?

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Dwight Lowery is 24. He is young I think he will get better.

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

if we dont go the rush olb in round one im really liking what im seeing/reading from antonio coleman ... i think he'll provide great value (3rd round, allowing us to possiblly trade out of the second round and pick up some picks) and allow us to go bpa (ol, dl, cb, wr) in the first round

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

How about Sergio Kindle? Unlike many of these guys he will not have to make much of a transition as he has aleady played both LB and DE.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Brandon Graham, Sergio Kindle, and Eric Norwood should have the easiest transition into a 3-4.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

IMO, Coleman was the bright spot on Auburn's defense. The gap , no 3 & 4 round picks hurts are chances to draft AC.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I was watching the NFL Network Senior bowl special, and Graham is getting nice reviews from the scouts on day one's drills.

13. 624

624 Banned

Thank you! I am sick of people bashing Lowery, he was a 4th round pick last year and is only 24, he is already a real solid player and will only get better.

He had good coverage on a few of the passes he let up yesterday, but Manning is Manning, there is no defense for the perfect throw.

I think the lack of pass rush was a much bigger deal then our secondary yesterday, I don't care who the QB is, if you have 5 seconds to throw you are finding someone. 5 seconds + any NFL QB would be great, 5 seconds + Peyton Manning = 375 yards 3 td

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're right on the money.. 624!!!

Lowery doesn't get enough credit. Does Lowery have flaws?...Of course. I see improvement in his game since he's been with the Jets...can't say that about Coleman. Lowery was a ballhawk in College and was an intercept machine. He still needs to work on his technique and should be a solid CB.

This doesn't preclude the Jets to look for another CB in this draft.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Lowery had great coverage for the most part but kept getting out muscled by Garcon. I hope he spends the off-season working on getting stronger.

Hindsight being 20/20 I wonder if we would have been better off with Lowery on Wayne with help over the top and Revis on Garcon. Lowery tends to be more aggresive when he has help over the top. Garcon would not have been able to strong arm Revis the way he did Lowery.

16. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Brandon Graham has been excellent so far. Good burst, good array of moves, is really giving the senior tackles all sorts of problems. Great motor, stops the run, and pro ready.

I've had him as the Jets pick once they got past the 1st round of the playoffs. It seemed before this week he would be there at 29, but now I'm not sure. He is a Rex Ryan type of guy. This guy is the pick for the Jets IMO.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Yep....I've been a Brandon Graham fan for a while.

Senior bowl can definitely help Graham's stock, while the Combine may hurt him, since his measurables aren't top notch.

18. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think the first order of the Jets off season should be the acquisition of Richard Seymour. The guy has at least three years of serviceability in a 3-4 system, can play both nose and end at an above average level, and has experience in multiple fronts.

As far as the draft goes, I'm looking at Brandon Graham. He's started a ton of games, shows a penchant for getting in the backfield, and has consistent, impressive sack numbers. He seems like a character kid with a plan for getting after the passer, and barring atrocious workouts, he's the safest bet. I would prioritize getting a long-term quality starter at the cornerback position over a pass rusher, since recent years have shown that you're more likely to get value later on there, and that's also why Graham makes sense. He should be available in the second or third round.

-X-

19. DaSanchize

DaSanchize New Member

Its going to be hard as hell to get him though. I think everyone would want seymour but not at his price. Lets get Al Davis to bite on Gholston lmao

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

For a second I thought this thread was made 2 years ago and was referring to Gholston....