Dolphins Fan Here From Finheaven...In Peace

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GoonBoss, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

As much as I hate you gyus those two games this year were alot of fun (until we lost both) I really think Henne has the tools to be a good QB. There is also a rumor that the Phish might go after Brandon Marshall which would really make you guys a serious threat next season.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Appreciate the kind words from the Fins fan(s). Guess you're not all flaming homosexuals. Parcells is a smart guy, the Fins will be a strong team in 2010. Looking forward to avenging those atrocious losses from 09

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Jets are going to kick the ever loving shit out of the Dolphins twice next year.

I just know it.

4. TheDon

TheDon New Member

Every time I come on here you remain classy. I'm actually hoping we go after Austin. Parcells is the one that showed faith in him not Jones so maybe he returns the favor and comes to South Beach, plus Marshall seems like a headache.

I like Henne as well but he needs to learn to put some touch on the ball or it won't be long. A lot of guys with cannons had short NFL careers.

5. TheDon

TheDon New Member

My guess we split

6. TheDon

TheDon New Member

Sorry my bad, no really I thought I was talking to a grown person. Hey, go get your daddy's credit card out of his wallet........

7. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

It's really too tough to tell before the draft and FA where any team will find themselves in 2010. My guess is the Dolphins will once again be overrated. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you guys finished 4-12. If you can shore up your D, you have a chance at the AFC East title, but you have a lot of work to do. A lot.

8. Stratman Tigers

Stratman Tigers New Member

Wow. Awfully harsh. They hired Nolan, and have a pair of solid young CB's. Their young defensive line is rich with depth. The Dolphins aren't without their flaws, and definitely need to overhaul the linebacking core and perhaps look into getting an NT. The offense has a young good QB, two solid RB's, and are missing that one WR playmaker. I don't think the Dolphins will go 4-12 next season.

Now the Bills on the hand... ;)

9. NYCBillsFan

I'm not being harsh, just that there is no way anyone can really tell at this point. Nolan is a great hire. I wanted him for the Bills as DC, but he does have question marks too. Getting a NT is one of the most difficult jobs in the NFL. 3-4 Defenses are only as good as their NT. Maybe you get Wilfork? Until the draft and FA cloud settles, every AFC East team in 2010 is a question mark. The Jets have the least questions of the four AFC East teams. I think the Pats might actually have the most. As far as the Bills, they are the scrappiest team of the four. They get the least respect, and yet still find games where they eke out wins. They play teams tough most of the time. Most of their problems arise from play calling, not in player execution (sans JP Losman). I think with Chan at the helm, he teaches the young guys how to win. I wouldn't be surprised with a 10 win season from the Bills. Then again, I thought the No-Huddle would have worked this season, so what the hell do I know.....:)

10. TheDon

TheDon New Member

I agree with your 1st sentence but then you lost me. When were the Fins overrated? I don't think anyone really thought they were going to overcome the schedule and once the injuries started to pile up it was a for gone conclusion. We are 1 season removed from1-15 and I happen to love the team being built down here and would be shocked if we took a step backwards next year. We need to be bold in FA and have another solid draft to stay with the Jets and to a lesser degree Pats but I have full faith in the FO we have right now.

11. NYCBillsFan

After winning the AFC East, I heard quite a few talking about the Fins repeating. 2008 was great for you guys, but you also avoided the injury bug better than most that season. This season you guys got hammered. Good teams overcome injuries. The Bills could say the same about injuries this year, but the fact is that they were just not a very good team. I think the players were good enough to win games, but the Coaching staff wasn't good enough to call the plays to put them in winning situations.

You guys are far better than the 1-15 team that was on the field in 2007, but unless you have a solid FA and draft, I see you guys taking a step back. Sparano is going to be on the hot seat, and with Nolan at DC, pulling the trigger on Sparano has become a lot easier.

#31 NYCBillsFan, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  12. xeticus

xeticus Member

We had a chance to win the AFCE this year I think we're short of talent in a few spots. We definitely needed better play at LB, FS and WR. But we've got a young QB, a great OL, young CB's and receivers. The Dolphins have a lot to look forward to next year. I think next year will have the Patriots, Jets and Dolphins vying for division lead while Buffalo rebuilds.

I feel the Jets and the Dolphins are on the way up with Patriots doing a slow decline while they try to patch their dynasty back together.

Regardless the Jets definitely have made things interesting this year and they have a base to build on next season. Congrats on a job well done by your team.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Well considering I'm a Michigan fan and wanted Long and Henne...fuck! :smile:

The key for you guys IMO you need to solidify that D and get yourselves a true WR who wants to actually play football.

14. xeticus

xeticus Member

Our defense especially needs to be shored up. We really need a stud ILB and a real deep threat wr and a ballhawk at fs and then we're in good shape.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I tell you i can't understand Buffalo at all. They have a pretty good team on paper but it doesn't seem to translate on the field.
    I think once they solidify the QB position they can start to move forward.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Injuries kill the Bills every year I swear Bills Organization has shitty luck
    Regardles I see the whole division being very competitive as always, as long as the Patriots dynasty ends here I think we can all be happy

With that said if we address the needs, I think the Jets have an outside chance of winning the division, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, i'll start off slow with this team, I just want consecutive post-season appearances

Dolphins have A LOT of questions surrounding their team (QB? NT [Heard Ferguson was going to retire]? WR, Secondary, RB) But with Nolan on that squad I see them translating to a good defensive team with acquisitions.

It's hard to figure out what organization to hate more at this time, The Fins or Pats, I think they both deserve my hate equally hahaha

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Everyone has a chance every year. I agree with you, if you get some real receivers and defensive backs you'll be in pretty good shape.

Should be an exciting 2010 season, I do feel bad for the Bills though. Especially of this does become a Uncapped year, with the new Stadium opening up Woody would go crazy to try and fill her up.

Could end up being perfect timing-

18. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

AFC East is gonna be a killer conference next year, especially if the silly bills are any good.

19. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

the AFC East is turning into the NFC East...it should be very competitive for years to come

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

In all honesty, I'm more concerned about the Dolphins than the Patriots (at least down the road).