Jet Fan Reactions to AFC Championship

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FriendlyGiantsFan, Jan 24, 2010.

1. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Now it's my fault that our QB is a douche? I didn't realize Eli had become a douche. I thought douche-behavior was more along the lines of posing in GQ. But I guess silencing your doubters while leading your team on an epic Super Bowl run for the ages can qualify as douchey.

2. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Maybe it's you.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Did a Jets fan call you after you lost to the Eagles the following year?

I certainly didn't want to talk to a non-Jets fan right after today's game.

People need a little time and space.

#23 BadgerOnLSD, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Just don't act like you weren't calling them to bust their balls or act like you're suprised by their reaction.

5. FriendlyGiantsFan

Yeah, there are certain friends I always talk to right after the game. I cut that convo short though. Few things can piss me off like losing to that white-trash team from that shit-hole of a town.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

If it's a close friend, that's understandable. But message board posters and radio callers aren't going to operate by those standards.

And yes, Philly sucks.

7. NYMIJ

NYMIJ New Member

I meant to say not my bad but with that being said he's still a douche. At least Sanchez has a personality.

#27 NYMIJ, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Pro teams have shit fans.

Francessa's POS radio show attracts POS fans.

/thread.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

And he's cuter too! OMG!

I'll take my personality-less QB with his bling, thanks.

10. FriendlyGiantsFan

I'm far more interested in the mentality of Jet fans specifically, not the IQs (lowered dramatically by the inclusion of Philly and Oakland fans) of NFL fan bases in general. Including a wider base allows for reductive conclusions like above; I want to be more focused than that.

My own theory on the matter is that there exists an inferiority complex of sorts in many Jet fans that only rears its head during times when they feel "vulnerable" to the perceived big-brother team. Oddly enough I think it's more perception than reality influencing both sides. I think Jet fans anticipate being put down by Giants fans and come out brazenly aggressive to counteract this. Conversely, Giant fans assume anger will be forthcoming from Jet fans when the Giants are successful so they act in a condescending and dismissive fashion to counteract this.

It's a vicious cycle I tells ya!

11. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

I had one friend who is a Giants fan talk shit and send hate all week. He finally apologized, but I think a lot of Giant fans feel threatened when the Jets do anything good, as if we'd lose second class status. Pretty shitty considering a fair amount of us Jet fans back the Giants when they do well, or at least dont act like assholes. It's the elitist attitude that gets us fired up I think Friendly.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You're probably right, but in reality it's all fuckin stupid. The Giants play in the NFC, Jets in the AFC. The likelihood of the two ever meeting in the Super Bowl is extremely slim and therefore neither team's success will ever stand in the way of the other team's success. Quite frankly, idk why you were surprised by the vitriolic responses you were getting from Jets fans after a frustrating loss. If they're normally not like that then it's obvious that they're speaking out of frustration

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The big difference is you guys have 3 SB wins and another apperance to fall back on. There is none of that with us... Unfortunately we seem to have good teams when the AFC is strong... this year, 04Steelers, 98 Broncos. Even in 06 when we made the playoffs the Colts and Pats were amazing. We can't ever have a great team when the AFC is down. Think about it, if we make the SB in 98 or 04 we very likely win it.

14. NYMIJ

NYMIJ New Member

Being decent at football has nothing to do with not being a tool...

15. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

rabble rabble sports rabble

16. Borntolose

Borntolose New Member

I got shots of battery acid. I'm sick of waiting for next year

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I like Giants fans who hate Jets fans (and vice versa) a hell of a lot more than Giants fans who root for the Jets when the Giants are out of it. (and vice versa).

I've rooted for the Giants once in my life. Once. And they won a Super Bowl because of it. :)

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Honestly, I would include this year too. I hate to say this but Indy is going to clobber New Orleans based on the play of the Saints against Minnesota. I really think the Jets can give them a go. Yeah we will never find that out......

I would just chalk it up to being frustrated over the game. It was difficult to deal with. Shit I got a rash of shit from my best friend and his team never even made the playoffs...... I was like wtf?. No matter that asshole doesn't have a text plan. So I bombarded his Dolphin fan ass with 40-50 of the following:
    "Hahahaha I hope this text costs you 50 bucks you dick"

..... literally I sent it 50 times. He was pissed...................... lmao

19. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Well…Let me ask you a question…Did you call any of these Jets fans following their wins over the Bengals or the Chargers? Because if you didn’t I can understand where they are coming from. They probably assumed that you were calling ready to talk shit and rub the loss in their faces. Because I know plenty of Giants fans that won’t bring up the Jets when they win but love to bring up the game after a loss. If you did call these fans after the wins, then they were probably just frustrated and lashed out on you I guess.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

From the responses your friends gave you it sounds to me as if you were being antagonistic.

There is no Complex from JETS fans....actually I know tons of JETS fans who rooted for the GIANTS in every SB you were in.

METS fans is different. For some reason they think we are a rival and root against us no matter what.

but, yeah...your going around calling JETS fans after a game they lost seems a little suspicious.