Thomas Jones - Will he be a Jet in 10-11?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Jan 24, 2010.

?

Should Jones Return?

1. Yes, definitely!

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Yes, but with a restructured contract.

27 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. No

55 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Restricted free agents

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Jones is expendable, IMO.....very expendable.

3. colts fan

colts fan New Member

Really? He is a 1000 yard rusher... I know Green looked nice in the playoffs, but he looks more like a power back to me... I think a team needs a cut back rb and a powerback to be identified as a true running team. The injury of Green may hurt some, but he was held in check by the number of DL in the box...

Sanchize played exceptional and against many teams his performance would have won, but your D was the let down in my opinion...too many yards and Peyton was eventually going to figure it out...

Your O was up by 11 and the D couldn't stop the pass with its number 1 ranked stats...

4. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

No, its time for him to go.
    We need to go greene/washington in '10
    draft or pick up a FA rb as the 3rd back and keep it moving.

Also we need to get something for rhodes cuz i think he has to go. I need to go get some more beer but those are my thoughts right after the game.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

he's been banged upp this whole post season another yr with thomas won't be terrible he's a good back but I see us giving leon nd greene alottt more playing time nd maybe get another weapon for Sanchez. This offense is getting better nd better with Schottys playbook nd soon enough we are going to be even more spectacular on both sides this year

#25 JohnnyThaJet, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  6. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

greene leon would be deadly

what was missing with tj and greene was a catching running back, it would have helped sanchez a lot

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

We will be able to sign FAs next season. We will lose guys like Clemens and some practice squad players that had 1 year deals

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Not for 5 Million dollars.

Greene gets hurt a lot, so we can't rely on him by himself. We need TJ if he will take the paycut.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The guy we sign has to make as much as the guy we lost. We can't sign a guy like Julies Peppers if we lose 3 or 4 scrubs.

10. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Sure.

He played like shit in the post season but you cant deny his production in the regular season. Must be something wrong with him. The brace or whatever.

UUUUGGGHHHHH

11. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Jones is so criminally disrespected. All the guy does is wear down the defense and get yardage. Plus, he's a major leader on this team. Just look at who is in the center of the huddle before games start.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Greene is so effective because Jones has spent all game softening the defense up?

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

That is utter bullshit. Greene came in and started tearing it up in the first quarter. He is obviously a better running back.

Why TJ gets my respect, however, is that he hasn't missed a game since we signed him. That is his most underrated stat...and why I would not feel safe entering the 2010 season with injury-prone Greene and a newly patched up Leon.

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

This really depends on whether Leon's recovery timetable is on schedule for the beginning of the year.

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

With the uncapped year coming up, Jones will be back. We can not let him go. If he goes, we can't pickup a FA for his replacement. So might aswell keep him. TJ will be a Jet for one last year.

15. perfectpackage99

thomas jones

thomas jones is gone, but lets not blame him for today, we lost to a better team, I Still do not respect the colts, but they were better then us today. Next year is our year, you can bank on that, more importantly expect the Jets to be a great team in Madden 2011, probably in the high 80's low 90's. woooo

16. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

hes due a lot of money if we keep him next season. no thanks on an aging RB with how greene played and washington ahead of rehab schedule

17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Exactly, you people are rediculous. And doesnt TJ have another year left on his contract at $900,000, he'll be back next season.

18. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

"Utter bullshit?" Greene had 7 yards rushing in the first quarter. That's hardly tearing it up.

I don't disagree that Greene has been the better back over the past few weeks. But I also remember how Jones has carried the load on offense all season, banging him up and allowing Greene to enter the playoffs fresh. There's no need to throw TJ under the bus.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

TJ hits a guy and then he falls down everytime

2 yards, 3 yards, 1 yards, 4 yards...

20. DaSanchize

DaSanchize New Member

Greene is a monster when he has full energy! In the regular season and a couple games in the playoffs thats what he did when TJ set him up. However with three rbs next yr the carries are kind of clogged up, so i see TJ getting a very reduced role next year. 1
    &2 down is greene and 3drb is leon. breather is TJ