Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetzzz13

Jetzzz13 New Member

This guy is a jerkoff. Stop playing his little game. Don't tune in, don't call in, let this guy dig his own grave with negativity and complete lack of insight. Without a co-host, his show is shot. His trainwreck of a show will be done soon enough.

2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Think of it this way guys.....is there ANYTHING worse you could possibly do to a celebrity in NY than make them irrelevant ?

:)

3. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I stopped listening and sent Wfan a message saying Mike is the reason I don't listen to the station between 1-6.

4. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

well I think that's more indicative of how the jets organization feels as a whole toward Francesca. They obviously get Cotchery and others booked on FAN's Beningo and Roberts no problem.. so it's not a station thing.

Mike has dug his own grave with the constant jet bashing and it's begun to spiral so out of control no one wants anything to do with him. Now he is bitter and resorting to playing petty mindgames with Jet fans. Fuck that fat arrogant asshole.

5. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

The worst part is that nobody will get satisfaction listening for the next 2 weeks after the Jets win cause he is going to continue acting this way. There really is no other reason to listen other than you enjoy getting annoyed.

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

exactly. The guy hasn't eaten his crow and will never eat his crow. He'll always have empty excuses for why our team isn't what we think it is etc...he's a giant walking talking douchebag!

No reason to get my blood pressure up that's for sure.

7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

He had Tannenbaum on yesterday, that's about it.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Just don't listen to him. The only times I've heard his show lately were by accident.

9. joejets1

joejets1 Member

anybody hear francessa and evan roberts going at it on Mikes show, I think it was on Wedndesday. if you go the Boomer and Carton page you can hear a clip of it. Roberts was basically calling out Mike for all his comments about the Jets this week. Mike came back with don't tell me how to do my show.

10. 624

624 Banned

I haven't listened in like 2 weeks, I listen to 1050 in the car now, so much better.

11. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Just had him on for 10 minutes in the car. He's such a phony...saying the Colts are undefeated.
    Note to douchebag: 14-2 does not equal undefeated.
    Could you imagine the browbeating Jet fans would take from that fat asshole if we were saying that about the Jets if they were 14-2.
    He's baiting us, please do not call his show.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Internet radio didn't let me hear the clips. God damnit! I wanted to try to get Super Bowl tickets.

13. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

all of a sudden the chargers are a soft defensive team

before the game he was pumping up the defense saying don't look at the stats, they are much better then the stats.

14. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

yeah i remember he said that. He said dont expect the jets to have a good rushing game and didn't he say he expected the chargers to have success rushing too.

15. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

Fan calls in: Sanchez made a big play in the 4th qtr.
    Francesa: Jets were in front the whole 4th qtr

Fan calls in: Jets have no pray today
    Francesa: Thats not illogical

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I'm gonna sum it up better, lol

Francesa: It will be interesting to see if Sanchez can make a pressure 4th quarter throw while the Jets are trailing. It would be hard to imagine a team could go the entire playoffs without asking their QB to make a pressure throw at some point in the playoffs. To this point, Sanchez has not been asked to make a pressure throw in the 4th.

A fan calls in: Mike, you're wrong, the Sanchez pass in the 4th Q put the Jets ahead.

Francesa: ahhh yah wrong, get yah facts right, the jets wuhh ahead the entiyah fawth quawta. Yaww lawst. At least if yah gonna cawl up and make an argument know what yah tawkin about.

Another fan calls in: Mike, you said Sanchez hasn't made a pressure throw in the 4th quarter while trailing. Well, you were wrong. The 3rd and goal TD pass happened with 13:25 left in the 4th quarter and the Jets were trailing 7-3.

Francesa: Ahh thats nonsense, the Jets were up 10 pts in both games in the nitty gritty. 2nd of all, I thats not what I said. What I said was, that inside of 10 minutes while trailing, Sanchez hasn't been in a situation where they had to pass and couldn't rely on the running game. So get yah facts right and listen to tha show. Get lawst, yah don't know what yah tawkin about.

Francesa after he cuts off caller: And that wasn't what I was tawkin about anyways. That doesn't count. It was a goal line bootleg. I'm tawkin about in the pocket, leadin yah team down the field.

This guy is a 1st class liar. He gets owned on the air by caller after caller and then makes like it didn't happen.

17. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I ask again.... why would ANY self respecting Jets fan listen to him at all?

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That's a good comparison sadly. I mean Francesa used to have a bit of objectivity, particuarly when Dog was around, but he's had a bug up his butt about this specific Jet team from Day One because of how 'talky' they've been. I'd have loved to seen him with the late '80's Mets, imagine him never getting a Mets player on the show in those days?

He claims it started with how the Jets acted after the Colt game but that's a bold-faced lie. He was on Bart Scott early in the season, saying 'his act would never play in this town', for a guy that hasn't won anything to talk as much as he has to ripping Sanchez for the hot dog and the scripted press conference to whining about some of the things Rex said.

Problem is if the Jets win and you want to call up for the Super Bowl contest you have to deal with his bs the next week.

#2598 NYJFan10, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  19. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Way to go Phil in the Post today

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/it_typical_fraud_cesa_q1zFFduTN5fYPmFcsA8QcP

Even by Mike Francesa's noxious standard, he has been on an extraordinary roll. Only commercials have lately provided a break from his sagacious delivery of inside misinformation, bogus claims, total recall of never-happened episodes and revisionist portrayals of what he said and how he said it.

Those few remaining callers still inclined to voice dissent or, heaven forbid, correct him, have, of course, been ridiculed and shouted down -- a maneuver we have come to often know as Francesa's way of saying, "Ya got me."

Wednesday, Francesa actually spread himself beyond his usual boundaries, granting an audience to Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts on their WFAN show. Of course, he took over. After Roberts asked Francesa why he has given the Jets such meager credit, Francesa erupted, questioning Roberts' broadcast professionalism for being a rabid, in-your-ear Jets fan
    "What's with the 'We' pom-poms?" Francesa scolded. "You don't work for the team. You're not 'We,' you're a spostscaster! You can't say, 'We!' "

Friday, he also mocked a caller for referring to the Jets as "We."

Gadzooks! During the Bill Parcells Jets' years, 1997-99, Francesa not only referred to the Jets on the air as "We," he wore a Jets' team jacket!

Later Wednesday, while interviewing Jets' general manager Mike Tannenbaum -- "Mr. T." as Francesa chummily called him -- Francesa seemed to drift toward the delusional. He began to speak with Tannenbaum as if he were a fellow NFL general manager.

Francesa actually prefaced a question with, "Listen, you were brought up in a completely different system, a system that I also learned under."

Nurse! Nurse!

20. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Fuck Fatcesa. End of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.