Statistically the COLTS are in Trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Jan 21, 2010.

1. freebo

freebo New Member

You are going to be hurting Sunday.

How long will it take for you guys to turn on Rex?

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You don't think ALL your success is about having Peyton Manning???

Put an avg QB on your team ... let's say Kyle Orton, or Matt hasselbeck for example ... do you win more than 6 or 7 games? Be honest ... you trailed 7 times in the 4th Quarter this year.

The Jets overall roster is stronger than the Colts roster. That's my only point.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You ask such a compelling question. Obviously, your are a true homer and most likely have the Colts killing the Jets. SO let me ask you a couple of questions not that I expect any reality based answers........

Why would this fan base turn on Rex?

Why do you think this philosophy is going to get the Jets killed?

How many games did the Jets get killed in this year?

What is a better game plan with a rookie QB with a great defense and run game?

How many games did the Colts blowout their opposition? What was their average margin for victory?

It's ok you do not have to answer, I can do my own research. However, you will find the vast majority of the answers to these questions will not support homerific, boom headshot predictions. This game will most likely be way way closer than the Ravens game.

4. Maximus

Maximus New Member

After the game, we will hear the same thing that every other team we have played.
    "Damn, that defense is good."

Here is how the game is going to go. Colts are going to be up 10-0 at half, with the ball coming out of the break. Colts kick a fg. 13-0. Jets make an adjustment, kick fg 13-3. Colts kick another fg 16-3, with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. You panic, start throwing.
    You guys start to really blitz, need a turnover bad. Act of desperation. As we all know. Peyton eats blitzes and shits touchdowns. Colts go up 23-3, then we run it with our terrible running game to burn the clock, we exchange a couple punts. Victory formation. Game over. Colts win 23-3.
    Stat line for Jets: Rushing 124 yds, passing 165 yds, 2 ints. Colts: 288 passing, 71 yds rushing, 2 tds
    Game over. We have seen this all year. Good luck, and thanks for playing.

#164 Maximus, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Odds are heavily tilted in your favor because you have a better team at home, not because of what happened in the past. This game is an independent event not dependent on past events. Just because the Colts lost previous games where they were heavy favorites does not mean that they are less likely to lose this one. There is no fictitious memory bank which remembers the past and skews the future. That's known as the Monte Carlo fallacy

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

How do you go accusing others of cherry picking stats?

Brown had 11 of his 15 carries against the Jets while Manning was still in. Did they have back ups in protecting Manning?

Tell you what, take away the 2 last games and then take away his one run over 25 yds on the season. I mean it was against St Louis who is basically playing backups even when the starters are in.

Guess where his YPC goes, right back to his season average of 3.6

And really, bringing up Simpson? He had 15 carries on the season.

7. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Have you ever listened to Manning talk about his delivery. He was taught from an early age to keep his feet pumping. This allows him to move more quickly when rotating back to the other side looking for a receiver. His feet are planted when he delivers.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Somethings gonna be planted
    and it ain't his feet...

9. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Truth, Let's really be honest. Every knows Manning is the straw that stirs the Colts drink and if he were gone, the Colts would be an entirely different team, no doubt. But to say this team is only Manning is foolish and will get you burned.

Saturday, Wayne, Freeney and Sanders are All Pro, not just pro bowlers. Then add in the following who have made it to the pro bowl DE Mathis, FS Bethea. Many think LB Brackett should be on the pro bowl squad. The defense has done quite well considering starters Sanders and Jackson have been on IR all year.

10. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

You're right, past performance may be an indicator of things that may happen if everything is still the same, but there are too many things that have changed. Colts have new coach, from a mental perspective Manning has been a different QB the last two years, DT's are bigger, Sanders and Jackson have been on IR, etc..

11. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

So, you're predicting that the Jets will rush for 70% of average while the Irsays rush for 90% of their average.

Additionally the Irsays will pass for their average against the number one pass defense (by far) in the NFL.

That's a bold prediction, at least you're putting it out there for all to see. At least we agree that the leader in turnovers will win the game.

12. TOMMY1961

TOMMY1961 New Member

Just win the damn game

13. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I have no idea how many yards, the Colts will rush for, but I also think the Colts D will hold the Jets to 110-125 yds.

14. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

freebo, man, you were talking very interesting football. Don't revert to trolling. It's obvious that you know what you're talking about and on that level, the discussion was very interesting. I'm a long life Jets fan and it's always good when opposing fans get here and talk seriously about their teams, it helps me learn about them.

However, it's not fun anymore when you fall into the clever statements and "funny" retorts. I know our fans do them as well, and more than you probably, but finally this ss a Jets' forum, so the rules will be different no matter what. Please don't let yourself carried away by that and keep on talking football.