Statistically the COLTS are in Trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Jan 21, 2010.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Different than what? Great QB, WR and TE. Good pass blocking no running OL. Quick edge rushers, nice couple of lb backed by a weak cover 2 zone?

It might be enough, might? The Colts are good but they are not a great team.

2. freebo

freebo New Member

Is 6 yards per carry the benchmark to being a good running team/player? I don't think so.

3. freebo

freebo New Member

Like I said, you will have a different perspective Sunday. You will understand it then. You might not be willing to accept it, but deep down inside you will get what we do and why we are so successful.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree, most people here realize the great talent on the Colts, especially on offense.

I thought they played less of Dungy's defensive scheme now though?

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You are the one that brought it up. So what are you saying? He actually sucks? Or that you were wrong.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

In the regular season.

7. freebo

freebo New Member

We blitz now with Coyer; with Meeks we never did. It's opened up a whole new way of playing defense to us. We are not in the Tampa 2 nearly as much anymore.

8. freebo

freebo New Member

Like with all of our backs their main job is to get short yardage first downs and BLOCK, They must be great pass blockers to get playing time. If they can't block then they will never see the field. They also have to have great hands, because there will games where they will catch the ball as much as they run it - This is the hidden yards in our running game (They show up in passing stats).

9. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

I think we can drop that insinuation after last week.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I was just calling you out on the stat claim about Brown. Whatever. You were off on it, that is all.

Colts are a pass first team, we all realize that. They run just enough to keep the D thinking of the threat.

11. freebo

freebo New Member

Is anyone going to answer my question:

It's not like we spread the field out or anything. It's amazing to me that people don't even know what we are doing on offense. Opposing teams do because they game plan for it, but opposing fans are clueless as to what kind of offense we run.

I am not even going to tell you. I want to see if you really understand our offense. You tell me what kind of offense we run. What do you know about it?

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You're manipulating the stats by taking games out, yet I'm the one cherry picking? Your run game is nothing special. I don't think Colts fans would even disagree.

13. freebo

freebo New Member

Don't say a word about our offense. I want to see if they even know anything about it.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

This is where I was going with my questioning.

15. freebo

freebo New Member

Sure some fans would like to see us run the ball like we did with Edgerrin, but our offense has evolved since then into something else. Answer my question about our offense. If you're right then I will let you know and if not then I will explain it in detail.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

what is your question??

17. freebo

freebo New Member

I want to see if you really understand our offense. You tell me what kind of offense we run. What do you know about it?

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

If you were to ask me what kind of offense the Colts run. I can only answer in sets. They run primarily a two WR, two TE set, the "wide" set is usually never more than three WRs. The catch is Dallas Clark, in a two WR set, they can go run or pass, flank Clark out (who is more a hybrid than TE), move to shotgun, and wala, three WR set with one TE. The three WR set is the same theory if Clark is in there, just flank him out in motion for a four reciever set. But they also are known to just max protect and send only three men out on patterns.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It is more a west coast offense. The short throws being the equivilant of a run.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm not well versed on the Colts offense. All I know about it is that it's a pass heavy attack that Peyton Manning is a master of and makes a lot of changes at the LOS.

Why does it matter if I know what kind of offense you run? That doesn't change the fact that you have a crappy running game.