Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I was not at all surprised to see the Jets beat the Chargers. The biggest reason is Norv Turner. He calls the plays and he was extremely conservative in his play calling. LT is nowhere the back he used to be and they tried to ride him like the Jets do with Green & Jones.

2. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

Anyone can tell the Jets fan are passionate about football by watching the NFL draft... Its nice to see them deep in the playoffs... Im happy for you guys, enjoy it now, cause your time is limited... But hey, you live in the greatest city in the world, you can't have it all...

Colts 31

Jets 13

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed. :up:

4. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

How...

No the Ravens and Jets are pretty similar. Both have very good D, with not that much difference in their overall performance numbers. On Offense both relay on the run, both have a 2 back system with very average WR and very inexperienced QB's. Both have trouble scoring points but great ability at keeping others from scoring. Both teams have a defensive player that can change a game and backs who can pound the ball. Both finished I believe with 9-7 records and both needed help to get into the playoffs. How are they not extremely similar especially when your head coach was their Defensive coach?

5. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Ugh, where to begin. Must I repost the numbers. This is all you need to know. Jets were number 1 in scoring and passing defense. The Ravens were like 10 in both categories.

I think that qualifies as a somewhat "large difference in their overall performance numbers." Not to mention, I believe the Jets have given up something like 7 or 8 return touchdowns this year, if not more. Factor that out, and we have the best defense in the league by far.

The record is pointless to point out because this is an extremely different team than the weeks leading up to the Colts-Jets game. The team before then struggled with a pretty ineffective quarterback and therefore offense, and took a while to fully adjust to Ryan's style of defense. All facets of the game are finally clicking now, and the Jets are pretty red hot, so records are pretty meaningless if you want to talk about the championship game.

Houston, the BEST offensive passing team in the league (just numbers here) scored zero offensive points on the Jets. New Orleans scored ten offensive points on the Jets. The Chargers scored 14. You cannot say with any certainty that the Colts, based on the numbers, will score more than 20. And I'd sign up for the Colts scoring 20 right now, and I think everyone else here would to...because if the Colts score 20, I think the Jets win.

That's right. Our offense is finally clicking. I've really read enough about your "fast defense." Yeah, that works great against Ray Rice, the small Ravens O-line, and the screen game that's worked so well for them. Doesn't work against a POWER rushing attack. Have you seen Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones run this year, especially Greene? Greene is fresh and just literally runs over linebackers and safeties. What about being fast makes a Colts defender less likely to get trucked? Peyton Manning?

Jets 23 Colts 20

6. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

IMO, scoring defense is much more important. It's a big reason the Colts won 14 games this season, and could've gone perfect if it weren't for Polian being such a pussy. Yards mean nothing unless that offense goes down the field and puts points on the board, and I'm not talking about field goals.

So let's take a look at that:

1. Jets 14.8 pts/game
    2. Cowboys 15.6
    3. Baltimore 16.3 pts/game
    8. Colts 19.2 pts/game

Looks pretty damn close to me. And at one point late in the season the Colts were at the #2 spot until Polian laid them down like bitches.

So anyway... got anymore brilliant gems for us, Mr. Football?

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

jets 19 - colts 17

8. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

"Finally clicking", "Isn't the same team"? What BS. It's been 3 games/2 teams since the Colts and Jets played. 1 team pretty much sucked (Bungals) and the other was to dam cocky and 2 missed FG from beating your butts. Your offense clicked against the Bengals, there was no "clicking" in the SD game. You got lucky, plain and simple. You would have lost to us had we played our starters throughout the game and put 15 on you in a half and 1 series. Put the kool-aid down...please before someone gets hurt.

9. Bill Belichdouche

the colts are the most boring team to watch in the nfl period

10. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

boring is just fine as was a 14-2 record, having the MVP and home field advantage in the playoffs. We will take boring...boring wins games.

11. stanner

stanner Member

this is not gonna be about stats, or who has more weapons, or who has more experience; this is going to be about heart, and karma, and spoilers, and destiny.

you guys let us in here. you guys are gonna reap it.

Whatsoever the Colts soweth, that shall they also reap.

#311 stanner, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  12. Bill Belichdouche

i can't wait to hear that the jets backed into the super bowl.

13. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

The Colts are the most boring team to watch in the NFL, ROTFLMAO!!! Even New England trolls are laughing at you... Wake up loser and start watching some football....

14. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

No this is about talent, who has more of it...simple answer...COLTS

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I'd love to agree with you here, but you must be out of your mind. You think watching Peyton Manning dissect a defense is boring? If anything, I prefer to see a team wing it rather then pound it (for entertainment purposes of course).

16. Bill Belichdouche

it depends what type of fan you are. i for one love the way the jets are staying true to themselves. pounding the ball on offense, and getting the big stops when it matters the most on defense.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Staying true to ourselves doesn't = entertainment. I love that we stay true to ourselves too, but if I had to watch another team play the way we do on offense, I might stab myself in the eye with a pitchfork. Only reason I get amped up for this offense week in and week out is because its the Jets.

18. Bill Belichdouche

i guess its safe to say that we are a 2nd half team.

19. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

Way to keep it real Scikotic... Watching your own team is the best, but following teams like Min or NO can be very entertaining as well... Want some boring football, check out Detroit, Cleveland, Seattle, KC and etc...

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I personally think watching our defense attack is much more entertaining then watching our offense.