Rex apologizes to fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by stech, Jan 17, 2010.

1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think its "if you shake it more than twice, you're playing with it". Wait......

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL yeah I think that was probably a good place to stop. :lol:

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

WOOOOOOOOO!!! PREACH ON BROTHA!

4. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

haha this is great woo

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He should apologize for that dumb assed squib kick. I almost fell outta my chair when they did that..

6. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

No, he should apologize for getting 5th seed so the bengals and chargers got us

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Calling for a run on fourth and 1 sealed the deal as far as I am concerned. Ryan is the best thing that has happened to this team in a long, long time. Was Parcells coming to the Jets better? That's a worthy debate, I suppose.

That call said it all. I have to think the Charger fans were dumping in their pants when they saw the Jets were going for it. Their high powered passing game sure didn't help them there, did it?

F the Chargers.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know if I can say anything that hasn't been said in this thread already about the apology (which was classy and didn't need to be said, which says a lot about how Rex Ryan feels about the fanbase) and that 4th and 1 was pretty much the epitome of how Rex has portrayed this team all season. I get a feeling of pride whenever he speaks publicly, and that hasn't happened since Parcells, and I hope Ryan stays here for a long time. He's the fucking man.

The team that showed up against the Chargers on Sunday can beat any team in the league right now.

9. Big Blocker

I love how Ryan exhibits none of that all too common NFL HC paranoia, playing not to lose. Well really perhaps saying none is a slight overstatement, as his apology involved playing it soft.

But when it counted, Ryan made me proud he's the team's coach. Especially after the depressing Three Mouseketeers of Groh, Edwards and Mangini, he's just what the team and we as fans need.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Right now, you would be correct. One of the main criticisms of Ryan in Baltimore was that he would switch to a zone at the end of close game - playing not to lose. And he did do it 4 or 5 times this season, with not very good results (ATL, JAX, MIA1 come immediately to mind). He also did it close to the end of the Chargers game, hence the apology.

From a philosophical standpoint, and from a personality standpoint, he is as aggressive as I have always wanted out of a coach, but when the game is tight and the other team is driving, from here on out, I'd love to see him go with what made this defense the #1 overall - attack attack attack.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That comment was awesome. I knew they were playing less aggressive that drive and I couldn't believe it. For a brief moment I thought "Oh no, here we go again..."

But Rex smartened up and went back to what got us here. I was going bezerk in my living room yelling "You gotta go for it!" And Rex did. Then seeing Mangold come to the sideline and just nod his head like "Yup, that's what I figured we're running" was priceless. This team knew they were getting that first down.

This is not the SOJ. I want Rex here for the next 25 years.

12. I'm sure it's more just his personality than so him deliberately being a genius but his coaching style really is groundbreaking. He shows complete confidence in his players almost to the point of overkill...and what it does is takes all the pressure off the players and allows them to just flat out concetrate on performing. What you get is motivated, focused players...and you also find out who has the right make-up and who doesn't.

Additionally, he is an outstanding X's and O's guy. He continually makes adjustments on both sides of the ball that yield ultimate success. I really think we have struck gold with this guy. Very rarely do you find a great football technician that can also empower his players w/ motivation and focus

13. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

What Rex has that Mangini and many others don't is humility. Despite his brash talk and bold manner, he seems to really listen to his asst coaches, players and even more surprisingly...the fans.

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Ryan is the perfect Jets head coach on so many levels.

He sounds like one of us most of the time, he even apologizes to us for mistakes - he knows what we are going to rip him for on Monday - he respects the fans.

The team will run through walls for him, and they have heart as big as a NYC bus.....because of Ryan.

He cares about this team, not just about winning - or his rep - about the team and the organization.

I hope he's here until he doesn't want to coach any more. I can't imagine anywhere he would fit better than in Green & White.

He is an outstanding X's and O's guy, but he is a players coach too. What he has done here in a VERY short time is amazing.

15. ColtsnCanes8663

ColtsnCanes8663 New Member

Well, I'm impressed. Sometimes I don't even know if Jim Caldwell is alive on the sidelines. You got a good coach.

16. Big Blocker

Good point. I agree. As long as it is not overdone, it is just another positive trait of his.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

LOL ... he blinks less than nate kaeding

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Nate is still trying to kick himself in the ass-

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

:lol: :jets:

20. jerseydan

jerseydan New Member

I can listen to this man talk all day long. Him and Parcells are great speakers, because they are so openly honest and you can relate to them as an actual person.