Fan gets arrested for doing JETS chant at Qualcomm Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Scottso

Scottso Member

Funny how alot of you have come to a conclusion already and don't even know what happened. The tape cuts out, and whatever happened right before the cops approached him is not on the tape. So none of you know the true story what happened here, cause the tape goes from him doing the chant, and then goes straight to him being arrested with the most important part not on the tape...

2. cassie96

cassie96 Member

She is willingly sharing her knowledge to be helpful....you are just ranting on & on without the education to back up your words.

3. Scottso

Scottso Member

Your opinion means nothing, cause u using the word pig obviously shows ur bias, douchebag

4. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Do you really think people would be yelling at the cops saying he didn't do anything if he did something? Would the guy at the end keep going after the cop to the point that he was told to leave if he did something. Most people don't care to get involved the fact that a number of people did tells me that he did NOTHING.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Good fucking lord. really?:lol:Let some of the air out ,Dolly.

Knowledge? Should i feel priviledged to be in the presence of a "lawyer" basing her opinion on a cell camera,turned on half way through an already heated situation?

#265 typeOnegative13NY, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  6. cassie96

cassie96 Member

San Diego needs tourism $$$$ and this is just horrible press. We may get more details later....but this is not good.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Take some college level courses in critical thinking, Debbbie Downsyndrome and you might be less ridiculed.

Just because somebody says on the internet they are an attorney is no reason to swallow everything they say hook line and sinker. Especially when their conclusions are clearly based on flawed analysis. We have a lot of people who say they are cops and that this was completely justified. You don't seem to have a problem discounting their "knowledge."

8. Dierking

Yeah, what kind of lawyer are you?

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It is pretty evident what happened if you watch the video again. the camera was on in time to catch the situation at the end,before the cops came. Someone threw something at him because he was being loud(it is said that someone threw something in the video). he most likely responded to the object in a drunken matter and someone called the cops on him. On their arrival they found a drunken,taunting individual doing things capable of getting himself beaten up.

10. Scottso

Scottso Member

Maybe, maybe not, maybe fuck urself...

11. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

How exactly is that a great post? There is a gap in between the video. She nor you have no clue what led up to the police officers getting hands on with the jet fan. If anything the video clearly shows the fan resisting an arrest. Weather a lawful arrest or not its against the law to resist.

12. Scottso

Scottso Member

And I didn't want to read every page of this thread, it would've made me alot dumber, but did anyone point out that there are laws against public intoxication in alot of places...

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

College courses??!! You write like a grade school thug.

Not worth 3 seconds of time.

14. Dierking

Sarcasm, scott. I was just pissing all over cassie about this. You are absolutely correct.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The biggest point is that most the charger fans around him stuck up for him, which means he probably wasn't that out of line that he needed to be removed from his seats.

Not to mention the first officer on the scene just tackles him without even trying to handle the situation in a more professional manner.

16. Scottso

Scottso Member

Sorry guy, I didn't want to read all of the posts, it would've made me dumber by the second. My appologies, by the way that line was from The Departed, great flick.

17. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Doesnt this happen all the time. Theres always a new video on youtube showing cops using excessive force but WE NEVER get to see what led up to the police officers actions. Am i saying that all cops are perfect? No. Do some cops use excessive force. Yes video's have shown to prove that. But for every cop who uses excessive force there are 1000's of BS complaints of excessive force.

18. Scottso

Scottso Member

Yes I do think people would do that, actually I'm positive that they do that. Also take into consideration that certain people around him were his friends, most people don't go to ballgames by themself.

19. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I bet you think this is an appropriate amount of force. Just check that channel there are plenty of terrible cops. They are not all the boy scouts you claim they are.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXbUatPc-A[/YOUTUBE]

20. Dierking

You have no way of knowing that from the video. It cuts back in after they have him restrained. Without the footage between the time he was acting like a belligerent drunken douchebag with the Jets, Jets, Jets chant, and the time the cops where on him, a million different things could have gone down.

Seriously, does no one else thinks its obnoxious to go to a visiting stadium and start a Jets chant? I was at MSG a lifetime ago and some kids two rows behind me starting in with the "Lets Go Flyers" bullshit. I wasn't going to listen to that for two hours and let them know in no uncertain terms they were going to tone it down or face the consequences. Have fun, root for your team, cheer when something happens you like. But don't start in like this is home when you are a guest.