Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Jets 24
    Colts 21, Feeley game winning FG!!

2. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

I think it'll be something like 20-13 Colts. I just don't think we can beat the Colts at their best, but who knows, I'd love to be surprised. It's been a great season; I'm not gonna get greedy.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Over the highly over rated Colts.

4. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

Well, I was trying to explain this to someone who was questioning my rage. Either he's not a Jets fan, or a very poor one. Generally I'm a nice guy, but Patsy fans drive me to heights of anger that can only be described as religious fervor. And yes, I would expect most Jets fans to understand this, obviously. :beer:

5. Blue Shoe

Blue Shoe New Member

27-13 Colts.

Revis does a fine job on Wayne but Clark keeps drives alive with key 3rd down conversions keeping the ball in Peyton's hand.

Garcon catches a slant and takes it 40+ yards to the house.

6. 624

624 Banned

Are you honestly trying to convince Jets fans to hate the Patriots? Our team and fans hate them more then anyone.

7. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Payton gets punched in the mouth and starts blaming his O-line for the breakdowns. The fans start booing what was a perfect season only to see we kick their a@@$! again. They will question the coaching staff as to why we kicked their a@@$! again. Headline reads: Pandamodium and utter chaos erupts in Indy!
    JETS 24 Colts 20
    Book it!

#107 JETFIGHTERS, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  8. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

wait out of the you objected to the 6 safeties and not the phantom extra point that was somehow awarded to the Jets?
    seems our defense is so good that we get a PAT without ever stepping foot in the endzone

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I wonder how many NYJ fans picked the Chargers 2 win only to backtrack. The breakdown by Indy will be "classic Payton" who's going to be " liqurored up" this time Payton, who are you going to blame for your team losing? We get that a@@ again! Jets 24 Colts 20 and watching the tirades by Payton should be available on DVD.

#109 JETFIGHTERS, Jan 18, 2010
  10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

24-13 Jets

11. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

The Jets are the Ravens in green unis. Essentially the same defense, though the Jets are better against the pass. Essentially the same running game, though Ray Rice is far more of a receiving threat out of the backfield. Essentially the same passing game, with serviceable game managers who cannot be relied upon to win a game on their own.

Someone posted on the first page that the Jets won't have as many three-and-outs as the Ravens, yet I look at the plays from yesterday and see five of 12 possessions where the Jets failed to get a first down, including the first four. And the Colts D is far better than the Chargers.

I've heard that the Jets really get going in the third quarter. That does not bode well for you; if the Jets aren't in the lead by the half — let alone put up an egg like yesterday — the game will be over. The Colts have scored more in the third than any quarter this season, and the defense has been its stingiest in that period. There is probably no team in the league that makes better halftime adjustments than Indy.

The Ravens game was an excellent warm up for Sunday, and the outcome will likely be the same. It'll be hard for the Colts to replicate an end zone shut out, but Indy's offense will be sharper and the Jets just cannot keep up for 60 minutes.

And while there are a lot of posters braying about winning in Indy and acting as if it wasn't gift wrapped by Bill Polian, you need to understand the players were very unhappy quitting on the perfect season and are going to want to tear the Jets apart and show without question which is the better team. It could get very ugly for you all.

I can see a bigger blowout, but I'll be conservative:

Colts 30
    Jets 10

12. marcusthetruth

marcusthetruth New Member

Why are their Pats vs Colts wars going on here? Take that somewhere else. But since the talk has been brought up, I'll join in a bit. Jets fans know the Pats from a microscopic level...and even most of us can say.....the Pats are better than the Colts this decade...they have the better team simply b/c they've done more with less talent and beaten stiffer competition in their playoff runs not to mention the coaching changes they have gone through each year. Jets have been very good this decade making it to the playoffs in several year, but NE has killed any hope of making it very far in the playoffs I don't like the Pats, but they have been much more clutch than the Colts, who have choked 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 away.Whether you like it or not NE is king of the decade, and the Colts are the Atlanta Braves of the NFL.

Jets vs Colts is where THIS WEEK is at though..not Pats Colts. Colts don't play NE this week. They play the J E T S JETS JETS JETS

I think the Colts pay for their mistake from Week 16. I like the Jet 16 Colts 7 score too. This reminds me of NE PIT AFCCG from 2001

13. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Pony Express 24
    Jets 13

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wow rofl holy shit ive never seen that.

dont get me wrong Ive seen him get loud and fired up but to actually hear that specific convo wow lol.

good stuff. lol.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wait, so you make a snide remoark in another thread about X's and O's... and you pretty much write off the entire Jets team as the Ravens in green uniforms, and then tell us how you've 'heard that the Jets really get going in the third quarter' - and that's the extent of your X's and O's?

You may be able to string some coherent sentences together, but that post was pathetic.

#115 abyzmul, Jan 18, 2010
  16. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Jay Feely makes a 55 yard FG to win 23-20 in 2OT

17. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

To compare the Colts to the Braves is foolish. First did the Braves ever end up winning a World Series? Second, the Braves have multiple times (games) to correct the problem and win. In the NFL it's one and done. The Braves failed multiple times in the same year.

18. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

I'm sorry. I guess it was over your head.

I put together a very clear series of reasons why the Jets cannot beat the Colts. If you want more specifics — like the fact your linebackers can't cover Austin Collie, which is why he gashed your team for nearly 100 yards before Caldwell called off the dogs — I'm more than game.

I guess I need to post in short bursts of senselessness to be taken seriously here.

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wow you obviously know how to make moonshine. too bad you went blind when you typed up this complete and utter lack of football knowledge.

I can tell either your Peyton Manning fathead has become a temporary sperm bank for you or youve never seen the Jets play this year.

you "hear" about what we do in the 3rd qtr. exactly, just like every other opposing fan who strung a slew of convoluted logic together, they at least used names of our players and made references that show theyve watched, digested, and analyzed games this year.

the only prediction I have for anything is just like I've said every week, its common sense for us to be the underdog, but when you play defense like us, show commitment to a respectable ground game, and limit turnovers. you can beat anyone on the other side of the football field.

if we win, its by no more than 7. if we lose by no more than 10. I know we can win as long as we do what I mentioned above, but we are underdogs for a reason. I do however think Indy fans have been spoiled this season and just expect everything to go their way. If they get a win from us it wont be easy I guarantee it.

20. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Colts 23
    Jets 9

One score game midway through the 4th until Freeney takes a Sanchez fumble to the house.