Fan gets arrested for doing JETS chant at Qualcomm Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

i fucking hate cops. plain and simple too much power for a bunch of assholes

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Well,i wouldn't hire you if you are basing your opinion off of a cellphone camera video showing only part of the incident. Regardless of any operating procedure in any past incident,the cops don't come until after event staff have exausted their duties and THEY call in the cops due to a complaint.

3. typeOnegative13NY

What a dumb fucking statement. I'll bet you will end up locked up at some point in your life and it will of course be someone elses fault.

4. jacktucky

jacktucky Member

I had a good time with my wife and kids at the Colts/Jets game a few weeks ago.

We went with another family who were Colts fans, we had a good time.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right across the street from the stadium.

Only one person gave me any shit and he was easily ignored. I didn't taunt anyone or act like a fool.

You should be able to enjoy yourself. I teased some Colts fans that they were sissies for putting a dome over their building, but that I was glad it was there because the game went on during a snowstorm.

5. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

well my chances of getting locked up are looking better since cheering has now become illegal.

6. typeOnegative13NY

If someone was drunk and resisting arrest,i guess that is a clear indication they were sitting like a boyscout 5 mins before.

7. typeOnegative13NY

If you think thats all that happened then you are a few fries short of a happy meal

8. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

dude are you kidding I understand you come from a family of police officers but can you truly watch that video and think it was justified? everyone around that guy was in a state of confusion of why he was TACKLED from behind. why couldn't they offer a warning or just see what was going on if a complaint was indeed made... completely uncalled for in my opinion and many on this board.

9. typeOnegative13NY

He may have not been in the wrong...until he resisted. But the fact still is,that there is more to the story. Like i said,someone above probably pelted him with something,and he probably threatened them,or cursed at them. they then called for security. If they complained that he was being violent or threatening violence,they HAVE to act on it. The people in his area probably thought he was just defending himself after being hit by something. Had he not resisted,he probably would have gotten the opportunity to explain himself in the holding area. Due to his intoxication,he probably would have been made to leave. But if you REALLy think he got in trouble just for cheering,then you are a moron.

10. typeOnegative13NY

And your staement damning all police,is just plain ridiculous. A world without them is one i guarantee you would not want to live in

11. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

your trying to fabricate in your mind that he threw something at somebody, or he was cursing at people. your explanation contains many "ifs" and "probablys" but from what I saw from the video he was just cheering so yea i guess im a moron.

12. typeOnegative13NY

No,not that HE was throwing anything. Some one at him. Or a similiar situation. But if you really want to believe that it was all because he was just cheering,go put on another rap album and celebrate.

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i don't assume what happened prior to the video...all i saw was a guy doing a JETS chant and surrounding San Diego fans DEFENDING him....

no case, in fact the case is certainly closed, and based on this evidence a lawsuit is warranted to these cops who clearly think the law doesn't apply to them

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

to be honest this statement kills your credibility...

you probably would defend cops for shooting a black guy with his hands in the air

15. typeOnegative13NY

Thats usually the way it happens though,right? the "victim" has their hands in the air and the cops just brutalize? Theres no stress on the job for cops. they just sit around eating donuts talking about how much fun it would be to go into dangerous situations ant take out their frustrations one someone. cause there is just such a low stress level on that job that there is room to think like that.

16. typeOnegative13NY

That exactly what you saw. Through a narrow lens that was turned on late

17. typeOnegative13NY

If any of the smartasses on this board have any idea what paper work goes into an arrest,you would be less quick to think cops arrest for the hell of it. Im not saying the guy deserved what he got,but again,the cops don't come until security can't handle the situation,or if someone threatens violence. With the responcibilty of around 80k people,i doubt they were going to tie them selves up for the day just to come down on some jet fan.

18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Somebody has a lot of blue running through their veins...

Most cops are the guys that were the mentally average to below average high school bullies... At least the kids I knew from my high school turned out to be.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sorry... because I guess cops do it for free right? It's a job, and stress comes with it. If a doctor screws up an operation is it ok because surgery is stressing? If a guy working at McDonalds answers badly is he stressed or is he an A'hole?

If cops don't do their job well stress isn't an excuse... it's a fault. Plus come on how stressful is it to work at a stadium? Wow a lot of violent mafia there right? They weren't chasing some drug dealer at 2 AM.

From what I witnessed people work in the police because 90% of them love to have some sort of power over someone else, and 10% because they really want to help out and be useful. That situation is the typical example.

20. typeOnegative13NY

Actually,there usually is a lot of drunken shit going on there. And again,someone had to call for the cops to go to that situation,you do realize that,right? If a fight breaks out and some kid gets hurt or some shit like that,don't fuckin complain when ticket prices go up from a lawsuit. I'm glad you think being a cop is so easy and there is no room for error. I've been on ridealongs,it's not as easy as you think to deal with an idiot populace.