Fan gets arrested for doing JETS chant at Qualcomm Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

The same thing happened to a buddy of mine from college at Bills/Chargers game about 5 years ago. Only difference is my friend didn't make it in. He was getting heckled by a ton of Chargers fans on the way in, and started popping off back at the fans - and this cop grabs him and basically cuffs him on the stop and took him off. It's was absurdly messed up.

2. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Yeah I didn't mean he deserved to be arrested...I just mean he shouldn't have been chanting Jets..kinda taunting other fans...We've all been at Jets games at the Meadowlands when they lost and the last thing we want to see is a fan of the opposing team chanting their head off

3. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Wow just watched and that is very distrurbing that the cops can arrest a fan for cheering their team on. I did not realize the cops in sd were such poor losers. It's not like the guy was yell "F%CK yeah JETS! JETS! JETS!" Poor decision on the the part of those cops.
    "Go f%ck yourselfs san diego"

4. stanner

stanner Member

i know, i read those. they're all misquoted cases from militant websites. try googling the cases they cite; the do not come to the same conclusions and you'll be hard pressed to find those quotes in any case file site. John Bad Elk v. U.S was from 1900, and all it stated was that the case should be sent back to the original court, as the charge of murder may be unjustified, but rather manslaughter would be a more appropriate charge.

i'm all done with this.

#184 stanner, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  5. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

6. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

Fat Thugs in action ,must have been a serious incedent happening near by at the time ..

7. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Cool. Like I said, I wasn't trying to yank dicks with anyone, no one seemed to be posting anything but their opinions though, which never convinces anyone either way.

Found two useful forum discussions on this. LEOs on this board can decide if this site is legit, but it seems like there are plenty of cops that post here. Good discussions both ways:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46724

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45889&highlight=resist+unlawful+arrest

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I come from a family full of cops. I always defend the cops because i can't stand the "fukin pigs" crap that rolls out of people mouths just because they think they should be left alone to act like assholes,and not understanding what its like to be a police officer.
    You NEVER resist arrest. I think they had the wrong guy here. Someone was probably throwing shit at him,when the cops came they saw him being the vocal one,while wearing the oppositin colors. Sucks,but it happens. Im sure the people sitting around the guy who threw shit probably said he was causing the trouble.

9. typeOnegative13NY

There is always more to the story people. There could have been 30 people rows up saying this guy was drunk and causing problems,the cops HAVE to act on it. One day it could potentially mean YOUR safety and you would be thankful for it. maybe the guy wasn't the one who started trouble,but i'm sure more went on before the camera was rolling. The "Fuck the police" and "fuck pigs" crap is really stupid. Usually comes from idiots who have been targeted by a cop when up to no good.

10. The Mak

The Mak New Member

So you "sucks for him" rather than calling out lazy, shitty policework?

11. typeOnegative13NY

You don't know the facts,man. neither do I. Maybe somebody threw something at him,starting touble. Then he threatened them rows up in a violent drunken manner. Then that area called in the police,and when they came to him HE resisted. Are you a cop? People have no idea,and think the cops just stand around waiting to have fun with people. Not realizing that it is up to them to keep people safe. What if this guy ,who was clearly beligerent,hurt someone after it escalated? Then what? The cops didnt come quick enough?

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The problem with that view is that if the Jet fan was in the wrong, why were so many Charger fans defending him and willing to step up and testify for him at the time? Why did Charger fans get pissed at their own PD for the arrest? I could see if the guy was being an asshole and if that was the case, then even with the gap in the video, you'd still see Charger fans pointing and applauding instead of defending the JF. Perhaps the "gap" is for a longer period of time than it appears. IF so, then perhaps things happened then. Videos usually don't paint the police in the best light..

13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

He must have done something worse than that. I was at the 05 game, and we made this guy look like he was cheering for girls softball.

14. typeOnegative13NY

The people around him probably thought he did nothing. But there could be a group of people rows up who feel he did,and they could have been the ones to compalin. The cops don;t come down like that without a complaint. The event staff usually come 1st.

15. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

You're right. We had the yellow coats come visit us in 05 like 3 times, but it never escalated to the cops.

It does depend where you're sitting too. We were upperdeck on the home side, this guy looks to be lower level. Different culture of people down below sometimes!

16. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

^Here we have documented precedent of SD police douche-baggery.

17. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I was at the St. Pete Bowl...UCF vs. Rutgers. I bought a $10 ticket off a scalper and when I got inside my red shirt and myself were surrounded by a sea of gold and black. The guy sitting next to me was nice as were most of the fans. Of course I cheered when Rutgers started scoring. One guy 2 seats over was being a real asshole. I ignored him (it takes more than talking shit to get to this Jersey guy...in real life). I continued to cheer for my team until the guy threw a carton at my face. I calmly walked over to security, told him what was going on, and said that I didn't want the guy thrown out, but if anything happens, you know the deal. He said thanks and to let him know if anything happened.

I don't now the situation in SD, but there are ways to prevent this type of incident from happening.

Oh yeah, fuck the police. On the whole, they're lying sons of bitches. Apologies to Type-O's family. They are the minority.

18. San Diego Lawyer

San Diego Lawyer New Member

'm a Jersey girl, and a Jets fan, but I've been here in San Diego for the past 20 years. What you saw at Qualsomm stadium is pretty much standard operating procedure for the cops who run the details at Qualcomm and Petco park duing Chargers and Padres games. Bottom line is, there is no misdemeanor that was committed. I'm proud of the way the Jets fan who was arrested conducted himself. I'm just as happy that the Chargers fans were backing him up. I suspect the Jets fan was arrested, booked and released, and that the prosecutors office will decline prosecution. I handle criminal defense and civil rights cases, and from the looks of this, no self respecting prosecutor will put his/her name on a formal criminal complaint. I am also disgusted that two Chargers fans were evicted from the stadium for backing the Jets fan. That is a clear First Amendment violation. The Jets fan should proceed and file a federal lawsuit against the City, SDPD and the individual officers involved. Video doesn't lie. SDPD made themselves look like the thugs they are, and someone put it on camera. Gotta love the camera. Go Jets!

#198 San Diego Lawyer, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  19. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

im going to indy, i hope this doesn't happen there!

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Be werry werry quiet.. They're hunting Jet Fans.. Its Jet Fan season..