John Clayton: An "Easy" Colts Win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ummm WTF??

Clark is a hell of a TE. Gates is also a hell of a TE. Saying that one is way better than the other just reeeks of homerism or stupidity.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The Dolphins don't have the best CB in the game either, their secondary sucks. The article compares their D to ours, ours is much better then theirs.

3. Barry the Baptist

Last week it was Jackson's height, speed and his PB QB that would beat Revis. When will people learn that Revis is the best CB in the game. I hope Manning shows the same arrogance and cockiness Rivers did in testing Revis because the results will be the same if he does.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

:lol::lol:

5. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Do you know what a high avg per rush with a low total means? It tells me the team struggled to run the ball early. Then went to the pass because they were behind. With the Colts playing pass first run second, the run is going to pick up better than average. Rice's 20 yard gain late in the game is a prime example. He did nothing most of the game, yet that gain and one other decent run for about 13 yards skewed the numbers.

They were still trying to run the ball in the third quarter without a lot of success. The Ravens fans were adament that their O-line would wear down the Colts D, but you have to be able to beat them to the gaps and that's where the speed comes in.

I do see the Jets trying a lot of wildcat in this game in an attempt to emulate what Miami did earlier in the year.

7. 624

624 Banned

No matter how easy teams think it will be, deep down we are the team no one wants to play.

8. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Iggy, Now it sounds like you're the one getting upset.

There's no doubt that Clark and Gates are both top TE's. However, Gates numbers are better, because Rivers hasn't had the same receiving corps like the Colts. If Manning had fewer targets I would suspect Clark's numbers would be higher.

3. Plenty of bulletin board material to feed off of....so the team is playing angry and with a "we got nothing to lose" attitude.

4. The team chemistry is strong.

The Colts are playing angry as well. They are tired of hearing about foregoing the perfect season from everyone, but they realize that you go out and play the game and not worry about anything outside the lines because emotion only takes you so far. What kind of chemistry do you think the Colts have?

I can guarantee you the Colts won't think this will be easy. If anything, they may want to come out and correct what happened in week 15.

#128 IndyColts1, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  9. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

We'll stop it enough to force you into field goals while our offense scores TDs. That's my gut feeling after watching this Colts team this year.

I've heard the same thing from other teams' fans, Reilly. Other than the Miami game (and the Bills game which doesn't count) we haven't had one where we were really gashed on the ground.

I already told you guys that the Jets' best bet is to pick on our corners and safeties which have a rea bad habit of giving far too much cushion in the secondary. Rex and Sanchez are smart guys. I could see them making the Colts pay for it in the second half, not letting Larry Coyer (our defensive coordinator) make adjustments in time. Your receivers better lose the Butterfingers though.

I just don't think you can count on your running game to save you against the Colts, but proof's in the pudding as they say.

10. Barry the Baptist

The Jets will not shy away from the run, I don' know why you guys (not you) but people I've read on Colts boards are so sure to think your gonna blow us out. The Colts may go down and score on the 1st possession but the Jets will make adjustments. You may have gotten a glimpse of our D in week 15 just like we got a glimpse of your O but my bet is Ryan didn't play all his cards in that game knowing you were going to pull your starters. Honestly man you better hope you blow us out in the first 10 minutes because if you don't it's gonna be a long afternoon for you guys.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Do the Colts have tall receivers? I sure hope not.

12. ........

........ Trolls

We've heard that from other teams' fans as well, including the Chargers fans this past week. They said exactly. the. same. thing.

I stand by my statement, 110%. Teams have passed on you because they've had to pass on you. I'm guessing if I went through game by game (which, sadly, I don't have time for), you'd be in the bottom 5 in rushing attempts against in the 2nd half. We don't abandon the run in any circumstances. We haven't since November 22nd, anyway. I don't think the soft middle of your defense is going to be able to force us to pass, either.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Believe me, I'm not getting upset. I'm actually laughing my ass off that the board is going to be an exact duplicate of last week's board.

As far as Gates v Clark, this season is perhaps the best comparison. While Rivers expanded his targets, Manning was forced to rely on Clark more often with the loss of Harrison and injury to Gonzalez. This was especially true before Garcon and Collie really started to come along. The end result? Gates STILL had higher yardage totals, despite losing targets to a true #1 in Vincent Jackson AND up and coming receivers in Floyd and Naanee and a solid screen game. What was it, 21 fewer catches and 50 MORE yards?

14. 624

624 Banned

Wow this is just like last week all over again, this is exactly what Chargers fans said about Jackson.

15. 624

624 Banned

You beat me to it haha, it's ridiculous how this week is starting out just like last week.

That means it's going to end the same as well. :breakdance:

16. ManningOwnsAll

ManningOwnsAll New Member

We can all debate but no one knows whats going to happen on Sunday. Thats why I love football.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's why I love this message board.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

TWO POINTS ...

#1 - In the first game ALL the pressure was on the Jets and none was on Indy. That will be reversed in this game. Pressure does funny things to people ... look how tight the Chargers played yesterday. And the longer the game stays close ... the heavier the pressure will weigh on your team.

#2 - It doesn't matter that you had backups on D when our run-game steamrolled all over you late in the game. It wouldn't have mattered if your starters were in ... that's what we do ... we pound and pound and pound with our running attack until the dam breaks. If we keep the game close (and I know we will) you'll see our O-line start to blow huge holes through your front 7 as the game wears on.

You guys are in for a war ... don't think for a second that you'll run a track meet against our defense. It's not gonna' happen. Our defense will hit you in the mouth, and our offense will keep pounding on you. This game will come down to the last few minutes.

19. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

The Chargers are primadonnas and they play with their hearts on their sleeves in the worst way. The Colts don't crumble under pressure the way the Chargers did. That's not to say they don't feel it, but a team that has 7 come-from-behind victories this year is indicative of a team that thrives on the pressure.

Say I'm wrong in that assessment. I dare you.

That is absolutely absurd. Of course it mattered. That's like saying there's no difference between shooting rubber bullets and lead bullets. One hurts a Hell of a lot more.

We'll see. That's why we play the games.

20. Maximus

Maximus New Member

One thing that nobody has addressed. Simply put, Indianapolis just has better talent and team. I can appreciate the fans backing their team. But, there is not any concievable outcome that has the Jets winning. That is not a slam, just reality. Colts have better talent, better coaching, and better players. There is a reason why the point line is 7.5. Its not a secret. Its the elephant in the room. Sure the tv and radio personalities have to make it seem that it will be a good game.