John Clayton: An "Easy" Colts Win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ThreeAndOut

ThreeAndOut New Member

I don't totally buy the whole "us" against the world thing. Sure the Colts are favored, but the Jets are a very good team. I don't think the Colts are making Super Bowl plans, although some fans probably are. They realize it is a big game on Sunday. Don't expect the Colts to be over confident.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Wayne is far superior to Vincent Jackson... better route runner, better hands, equal big play ability, doesn't kick challenge flags.

Otherwise, I agree with your post.

3. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

This will be a close game, but I do like the Colts chances. The "US versus the world" scheme isn't going to work this time. The Colts have been pretty pissed about all of the crap they took from pulling the starters in game 15 and 16 and not going after the perfect season. This sort of cancels each other out, so it now comes down to playing the game. The Jets defense isn't going to determine if the Jets can win. It's going to be the Jets ability to run the ball. If they can do that, they will be in the game. If Sanchez is forced to throw more than normal, Indy will win.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's the blueprint for our entire postseason. This isn't a special circumstance for Indy.

5. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Nobody said it was a special circumstance for the Colts.

As far as receivers, Clark is every bit as good as Gates. Wayne is a better receiver than anyone on the Chargers. I find it amusing that every year, the Chargers are picked as having the most talent in the league, but every year they fail to get to the SB. Why is that?

6. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I really can't wait to see Shonn Greene punish your defense.

7. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Manning doesn't have the heart of a lion? This guy is as tough as any QB and will fight tooth and nail. He's only missed one play due to a broken jaw. Otherwise he's take every snap except when they pulled the starters. This isn't the same guy 3 yeras ago. Last year you could tell he elevated his mental game and it has continued this year. Seven fourth quarter comebacks. The guy is a fighter.

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Norv Turner

9. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Shonn Green may get his yards and he may not. Take a look at what the Colts D did against Johnson twice this year, Jones-Drew twice this year and Rice twice this year.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Difference is that the Jets have two running backs. Let's not forget Thomas Jones and his 1402 yards. He's only had 29 rushing attempts so far in the playoffs. He should be fairly fresh for next week.

If one can't beat you, then we have another to come at you with.

Jets run the ball more and average more yards per game than anyone in the league for a reason. They averaged close to 40 yards more per game on the ground than the Ravens. More attempts or not, we can run on you all day long.

#90 LeonNYJ, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  11. craniumcramp

craniumcramp New Member

How quickly some seem to forget the Jets were playing the Colts 2nd string. I believe when the Colts rolled over they were up 5 and had the ball back. The same crappy D you talk about has pretty much held the best running backs in check.

State :manning: or whatever you feel. Come this next game you play the Colts for 60:00 not for a half. Manning is not Rivers and the Colts are not the 2nd string punks that lost the 1st game.

12. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

You're right about having two good RB's in Greene and Jones, but those three were largely considered the top three backs in the NFL and had the opportunity to do it twice and still came up short.

Indy's defense is way underrated. Prior to the last two games when the starters rested, the Colts D was 4th or 5th in scoring defense and around
    13th or 14th against the run.

13. 624

624 Banned

14. craniumcramp

craniumcramp New Member

Minus the fact that Gates is no where near the talent level of Dallas Clark. Covering him with a linebacker or a saftey will get a defense torched everytime. Revis is a great CB, but not good enough to stop all the weapons on the Colts roster.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

#1. Chris Johnson - 2008 yards - NO PLAYOFFS
    #2. Steven Jackson - 1416 - NO PLAYOFFS
    #3. Thomas Jones - 1402 :eek:hmy:

I know that the other guys had a better Yds/Att average. However, it just shows how well the Jets can pound and grind you down.

#95 LeonNYJ, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Like you said you were only up 5 when you pulled your starters. That's not anything huge that game was still up in the air. And you have to play the Jets for 60:00 we are not some push over team.

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Oh shit, The crypt keeper picking against us ?

NO SHIT!

18. ........

........ Trolls

I told the Bolts fans this last week, and I'll tell you the same thing: your offense is your best defense. The best thing you can hope for is to go up on a few quick strikes and force the Jets (if even possible) to pass the ball heavily. Otherwise, we'll pound it inside the tackles at you all day long. Colts homer or not, I sincerely doubt you'll try to say you can stop it.

19. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

The difference is how well the Jets can handle the Colts defensive speed for 60 minutes. LOS will also be a lot louder than it was the previous game. I would imagine that LOS will be as loud as it has ever been considering the circumstances.

20. ........

........ Trolls

With the exception of that first game against the Ravens, every one of those teams rushed for 4+ YPC against you. You won those games on offense, not defense. If you think you'll have identical success against our passing defense as against the Titans and Jags, BTW, you're in for a surprise.

Also, although we're a run first offense, we're entirely different from those teams, especially the Ravens. Your defense is predicated on speed, not power. It's no surprise that you had success against Ray Rice in that first game. His strengths match up with yours. It's going to be entirely different against Jones and Greene.