rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kaloshiJETS, Jan 18, 2010.

1. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

anyone gonna talk about rexs coaching errors??????? first of all he spiked it at the end of halftime wen the jets were driving on first down with a timeout left and over a minute ....and turns out we would have loved to have another play since we punted.....and idont wanna hear its on shotty because head coach gets final say on strategic moves...also ...on that terrible spot...in the third quater that set up a 4th and 1....he calls a t.o instead of challenging..wat people dont realize is that if they move the ball an inch we win the challenge...but instead he calls a t.o instead of challenging in which theres a chance we get that t.o back. rex has made horrible strategic moves all year.big win tho lets play indi tufffffff

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I agree that Rex is clearly a terrible coach that has only just manged to get this 8-8 calibre team into the AFC divisional game. Oh wait.

3. TWDC

TWDC New Member

I think the spike was Sanchez. and guess what else? we won so who cares

4. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

your crazy if u think we were 8-8 caliber..with a non rook qb and coach we would clearly been better team...with a chad p type qb that wouldnt throw any picks we would have won more games... i give rex credit where he deserves with our d dont get me wrong..also dont give rex all credit ..he wasnt one who got harris and revis ..tanny gets credit as well

5. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

ya we won but idont c how jets fans cant critique key things...and no its not sanchez. he has a headset talking to rex and shotty plus rex should have these guys coached up. rex is an idiot with strategy i can go on and on..how bout mia game week 4 wen we ended game with 2 t.o.s and 10 sec left instead of over a min????? that game was a shootout we would have at least tied that game for ot maybe won in.

6. lustig

lustig Member

We only win the challenge if we get a new first down and keller was clearly a foot away. The announcers talked bs

7. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

no ur wrong if the ball is moved an inch foward that means there spot was wrong hence we dont get charged a t.o and we maybe go for the easy 4th inches

8. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

no the spot was bad it should have been closer for sure. doesnt matter tho if ur calling a t.o u challenge it. rex would never think of that ..thats sad part

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Point taken.

But don't forget Ryan's a rookie HC and he has improved his in-game coaching as the season progressed.

Have faith, baby!

10. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

im not tryin b all negative and shit im die hard jets fan and beyonnnd pumped im only 19 but sik of losing all these years i hope we pull of this fukin upset next week

11. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

i hear u i preyyyy he brings some one in to help with strategy or he improves in offseason..honestly most coaches that dont know basic strategy in begining of career dont learn..herm...and plenty other coaches...but if he can he can b good coach with his defensive schemes..

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am not saying he doesnt fuck up sometimes, but I do think there are not many other HC around in the league atm that would have done better with this team as it is.

13. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

If he challenged it we would of lost a timeout because in order to win a challenge on ball spot it has to be a first down, though they would of moved the ball closer. But we did use that timeout anyway so I guess you have a point but we won so who cares

14. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

idk about that..because lets say refs rule a play 4th and 3...but somehow they fukd up bad and it should have been a 4th and 1..thats something that can change a game...so im pretty sure u can challenge it even if its not 1st down..challenge basically states that if the refs change anything from their orginal call then u arent charged a t.o.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I think you are wrong. I'm pretty sure they need to get the first down to win the challenge. It was discussed during last week's game.

16. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

o u could be right ive never really heard anyone talk bout it..i just assumed..

17. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

if i was wrong..then thats a shitty rule

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I agree that it makes no sense, but I presume it's designed to "protect" the refs on that sort of call.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Correct. Challenge is only to win the first down.

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Rex's challenge was good.

His going for the FG instead of going for it on 4th early in the game was smart. Not challenging the spot of the ball there was not so great.

The spike was all Sanchez and, yes, it was dumb.