Andre Johnson > Vincent Jackson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets_fan_in_fishtown, Jan 15, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. Yes, he's competing against Gates and Jackson. He isn't exactly doing very well.
    2. It's not like he has blown up since he took over for Chambers:

First 8 games: 16 rec, 325 yds, 40.6 yds/game, 20.3 yds/rec, 1.9 rec/game
    Last 8 games: 29 rec, 451 yds, 56.4 yds/game, 15.6 yds/rec, 3.6 rec/game

While these numbers might seem to be a decent increase in some stat levels(yds/game, rec/game), they are inflated due to week 17 where Floyd was the starting WR in a game where Jackson and Gates were sitting out. Since that is not the lineup that the Jets will be facing, it is safe to dismiss those ones given the circumstances. Take those numbers out(9 rec, 140 yds) and his already meager improvements look less impressive:

Weeks 9-16: 20 rec, 311 yds, 44.4 yds/game, 15.6 yds/rec, 2.9 rec/game

His yds/game and rec/game are still higher than they were prior to week 9 but his yards/rec actually drop by close to 5 yards. Also, do not forget that Floyd's lone TD this season happened while he was the #3 WR on the depth chart. While his opportunities have increased since becoming the starter, there is no significant jump in his production thanks to his opportunities and his production per catch is dropping thanks to having to face the #2 corner in the defense, rather than the nickleback. Floyd simply has not proven himself to be a major threat in the passing game thus far. That may change on Sunday but until he shows it, he is not going to scare too many defenses.

San Diego delenda est.

2. GTechSuperChargerFan

"Manning was 14-21 for 192 when he came out of the game - in the third quarter (with the lead, by the way).

Tom Brady was 28-41 for 310 and a TD and no picks.

Drew Brees was 20-32 for only 190 - but that's because the Saints were busy running all over your defense for 150 yards.

David Garrard (David Garrard!) averaged 8 yards per attempt, a TD and no picks.

Chad Henne (Chad Henne!) was 20-26 and two TD's and no picks."

Quote from another Bolt poster.

You guys have very selective memory. Way to much smack for a team with your track record this year, but since this is your forum, I'd do the same thing.

3. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Andre Johnson is a way better reciever than VJ... this is obvious to anyone who watches football

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Manning- 15 points at the time he left the game mid third. All we needed was one more defensive stop, we had all of the momentum, but they pulled him before we could prove we were going to win either way.

Brady - Sanchez 4 INT leading to most of the Pats points Where are his first game stats? (23-47 216 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT)

Brees - most vaunted Offense in the NFL (also in week 4 was playing better than yours is right now) 10 Points against our D, Sanchez gives them 14.

Garrard - Jones-Drew dominated us early, and we became so absorbed with stopping him we allowed Garrard to have a good game, on the last drive we choked yet again down the stretch

Henne - He beat us no doubt, but our defense was trash in Miami that day but the next game we shut down the wildcat and henne was a meager 12-21 112 yards. The final score is deceiving because our defense didnt give up the 14 points that the ST did that day on back to back kicks to Ted fucking Ginn.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, because the only player we have on defense is Revis. :rolleyes:

I keep posting this because I keep seeing these types of posts. Also, this is the first time in a while our #1 pass D will have its entire secondary healthy.

Code:
    Player/Team 	Percentage
    [B]Darrelle Revis, Jets 	37.0[/B]
    Jabari Greer, Saints 	37.9
    [B]Dwight Lowery, Jets 	40.7[/B]
    Drayton Florence, Bills 	45.3
    Leon Hall, Bengals 	45.3
    [B]Lito Sheppard, Jets 	45.6[/B]

Yes, that's 3 of the top 6 in the entire league. And we've played 4 of the 5 top passing games in the league, one of them twice. What does that tell you guys about our pass rush and other corners?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/8882/jets-cbs-dont-feel-the-burn

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

^^ ok that right there is something I never knew, that is some nasty stats by our guys.

Where does Strickland rank in that list?

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yep, last year it was just Revis, which is why he went to the Pro Bowl but our pass defense ranked 29th in the league. This year it's the pass D as a collective unit which is why we're ranked #1. Revis stands out the most but it isn't just him.

8. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

And your recievers are tall, so they are automatically the best in the game, right?

Sigh...if only it were that simple, the draft would be a cinch.

9. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Sounds like he's the right guy for Raiderjoe. :lol:

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I doubt that. My guess is when we show blitz, one of those guys is going to be aimed directly at Sproles.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Of all of those contests...the Saints offense is the most comparable to yours..

They put up a mighty 10 pts, in their bldg, while the defense was in week 4.....

Sanchez, is not going to spot you 14 points, like he did in that game.

Jets 20-10.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

We've done pretty well at defending the screen despite how often we blitz. The only team I remember burning us w/the screen was Miami @Mia.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Yea well obviously the Texans didn't come to play the first week. We came out on fire.

I'm sure it would be a different game now.(not saying we'd lose, but Texans would play better if we played them later in the season)

14. WhiteShoeWillis

Really? There offense came out on fire the very next week. Why can't people just believe in our defense? It is not some fluke. Believe.

15. Marblex

Marblex New Member

We will see on Sunday. To the vast majority of Charger fans, Floyd has proven himself as outstanding. Sure, if you look at the numbers, nothing is that impressive, but he has made great catches and plays over the 8 starts he has had.

He had 9 catches in the first 6 games when he saw very little playing time.

This means he had 36 catches for 649 yards the 10 starts he did have. That is 3.6 catches per game, with 64.9 yards per game and 18 yards per catch. That is not bad for the 3rd reciever.

Anyway, theres no point in me trying to persuade you that Floyd is a good reciever, it makes no difference now. But Floyd is going to have to come up big sunday if we are going to win.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Nobody is really going to care about their receivers if Rivers is trying to throw from his ass all game and I am guessing that is exactly what Ryan is planning to try and do.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

No I believe 100%. Nobody knew we were that good at that point. Trust me they probably thought the game would be alot different in their favor. Plus nobody else thought it. Every1 picked the Texans, and I'm sure picked the Texans to finish alot better.

18. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dude... we have the number 1 fucking pass Defense. Your argument is moot.

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

but theyre tall!!!!!!!

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

FYP.

San Diego delenda est.