Chargers Fans Take on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 10, 2010.

1. JJJefferson

JJJefferson New Member

Playoff games are normally decided by one thing. Turnovers. This one will be no different.

The other wildcard will be Scifres. He is due for a bust out game with some pinbacks inside the 10.

I expect an extremely tight game until the 4th quarter with both defenses having the leg up most of the game. Gates finally gets some catches late and the Chargers escape wth a 10 point win 23-13.

One pick by a Jet corner but it won't be Revis.

#501 JJJefferson, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Not this year he isnt and Rivers got voted into the probowl over him and has so two times now. Brady is still good. Rivers is just quitely passing him by.

As for Miami, i dont care how good their running game is, we average a lot more points than they do per game and Rivers actually is the career leader all time amongst QB's for highest ave points per game with 28. It wont mean anything on Sunday but i just get the impression that nobody on the east side knows much about Rivers because he dont get much pub. The NFL would still rather polish Cutler and Brady's nut sacks but know this, Rivers IS and is going to be an elite QB in this league for years to come.

#502 Boltjolt, Jan 14, 2010
  3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Yeah, look who is talking. Have you read some of the posts by your own forum members?

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Isnt Lowrey hurt? I havent heard the extent of it and dont really care as far as his availablity much but saw him go out late in the game with an injury.

5. JJJefferson

JJJefferson New Member

Quentin Jammer is not in a contract year. He is signed through 2012.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Do the Chargers play in their powder blue unis at home? Reminds me of the Columbia Lions.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Today Rex said there were only 2 players that didn't have a full practice, and Lowery wasn't even one of the players named who practiced full on the ijury list. He did name Strickland who practiced a full day with a quad injury. That may be who you saw gimp it up. Strick has been on-and-off injured all season.

8. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Rivers is a machine, we aren't kidding ourselves. But it is a human machine.

If it bleeds we can kill it.

9. 624

624 Banned

How could you not care for his availability? He is a solid #2 and well above average #3 corner, he got a helmet to his nutsack on Saturday but was back after a few downs.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So...is one week enough for Crimea Rivers to learn to ignore his first read...because he's out on Revis Island...or does that extra second of habit cause him to be lunch for Calvin Pace...

Code:
    Receivers vs. Darrelle Revis And Rest Of The NFL
    Week 	Receiver 	vs. Revis (Rec-Yds-TD) 	Avg vs. rest of NFL 	TD
    1	Andre Johnson, Texans	4-35-0    	7-105	                9
    2	Randy Moss, Patriots	4-24-0          5-86     	       12
    4	Marques C  , Saints	2-33-0          5-70     	       9
    6	Terrell Owens, Bills	3-13-0        4-76	               4
    10 	Mike Walker, Jaguars	3-49-1    	4-54                   7
    11	Randy Moss, Patriots	5-34-1    	5-86                  12
    12 	Steve Smith, Panthers	1-5-0      	5-70	               7
    13	Terrell Owens, Bills	3-31-0    	4-56	               4
    15 	Roddy White, Falcons	4-33-0    	5-75	               10
    16 	Reggie Wayne, Colts	3-33-0    	7-82	              10
    17	Chad Ochoco*, Bengals	0-0-0     	5-70	              9

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Because i dont. Whether he plays or not makes really no difference. I am confident in whoever we line up against him. Our WR group is solid. Really not worried about Sheppard either.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

100 yard 1 td days for everybody!

man why should we even show up?

through all the BS thats been said its all as simple as this.

the jets are underdogs for a reason. that being said, if you guys think your 8 or 9 in the box will be any different from everything weve done the last 17 games your sorely mistaken. we will succeed running on you.

Rivers is good enough to light us up on a drive or two, lets just get that out of the way. Conversely, if our running game is over 4 ypc, as opposed to a honorable 3 to 3.5, we will keep him on the sideline. Also Rivers knows how good he is, for the great throws he will make Sunday I see him giving us an important turnover whether it be forcing it into a tight spot or getting blindsided on one of his 7 step drops. Also the obvious Sanchez factor will he look like he has the last few weeks or will he revert back to rookie appearance.

i think the ultimate key will be simply the turnover battle and field position. if sproles gives the chargers a short field consistently were toast number 1 defense or not. if we get good field position itll be easier for us to grind the clock down without worrying about not coming away with points on the drive.

there you go a common sense no bullshit breakdown.

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Since Rivers completes passes to as many as 7-8 different recievers, im really not worried about that either. We had 4 different guys that had 45 or more receptions and Floyd is one of them and that was after we released Chambers after week 8 and he took over as a stater. Even our FB's had 26 combined.
    We didnt have a Brandon Marshall or Welker who got 120 catches so again, Vince Jackson dont need to have a big game for us to have success. If he gets two catches , it just means Floyd, Gates, Sproles or even Naanee have more.

#513 Boltjolt, Jan 14, 2010
  14. 624

624 Banned

Whether he plays or not really makes no difference? Have you heard of Drew Coleman?

15. sdbound

sdbound New Member

The Q is expected to be louder than ever. I'll do my part.

I'd put the over/under on Simms and Nantz talking about it at 5 minutes into game.

16. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Dude im not saying that and didnt imply it. Just saying i dont care whether or not Lowrey plays. He isnt anything better than we have seen before.

17. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

No but at 5'8", 180...i hope he plays a lot :up:

18. GTechSuperChargerFan

And that's why it is so hard to stop us.

Most robust and diverse weapons of any team in the NFL.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's not entirely correct... Sims-Walker scored that touchdown on Sheppard. :)

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Haha, that's a great way of looking at it.

I don't know, I've never been a fan. He strikes me as a typical case of great physical ability and ten cent head, which for a QB isn't going to cut it.