Woodson DPOTY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

This is kind of like, do you give the MVP to a QB with 59 TD's and 21 INT's or to the QB with 24 TD's and 1 INT

Woodson is the former, Revis the latter

People see all the impressive stats and vote accordingly

2. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

I also think the voting is done on a curve whereby they try to determine a players impact respective to their team... ie: the Jets may have won the games they won without Revis, but the same might not be said for Woodson.

just food for thought... I am not saying I am 100% correct.

3. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Sports writers as a whole are fucking morons. How else can we explain how Robbie Alomar didn't get into the baseball Hall of Fame last week?

4. TWDC

TWDC New Member

I wouldn't worry, Revis will wind up with a handful of these awards.

5. Salz

Salz New Member

Woodson didn't do very well vs a lot of good WR's this year. Look at the stats.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

It upsets me, because no one played better than Revis this season.

Woodson generated more turnovers, but the ideal corner is one that locks down top opposing WRs, and those obviously won't put up a lot of stats.

Voters are generally not overly bright and want to vote according to basic things like "oh, this guy had a bunch of picks."

That led to people believing various CBs in the past were better than they were, and it undervalues real cover corners.

If someone were to rank CBs by what opposing WRs did against them, Revis would be on top and it wouldn't even be close.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The difference between Woodson and Revis is that DCs gameplan around Revis. Does he have to go up against every half decent WR in the league?

8. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Listening to Revis on 1050 right now. Sounds like he's pretty pissed about not getting DPOTY. Still a class act as always, but not making any bones about the fact that he feels he deserved it. I agree. :up:

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

People arguing in favor of Woodson keep saying sacks and INTs affect the game more than coverage. I think turning the opposing offense into a 10-man unit minus their best weapon has way more of an effect than sacks or INTs. Also, Revis had way more PDs. This is some fuckin' bullshit.

10. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Asomugha's team was always losing and thus teams didn't have to throw after the 3rd Quarter. Before that, they were a sieve against the run.

He's a good corner, but his team was so bad he was bound to have good stats since they didn't need to throw against ANYBODY on the Raiders.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Eh pass defenses are such a valuable stat not looked at.

Revis had what 31 Pass Defs?
    Each one is a loss of a down. Revis had about 3 per game. Which brings a big impact plus he takes away your number 1 weapon on your offense. Plus nobody even throws at Revis & and to have 30 something PassD's is insane.

12. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

REALLY!?... because i think that sanchez being the only rookie qb to get into the playoffs with 20+ INT is saying something about the rest of our team.. OUR DEFENSE IS GREAT!.. not like anyone on here didn't already know that.. but when you have a guy like Revis leading the #1 Defense in the league.. HOW CAN YOU NOT GIVE HIM THE DPOY!?.. retarded

13. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

I agree.. the rest of the raiders defense is so awful, they don't bother with nnamdi.. so how do you know if he still can perform at a high level.. im not saying he is terrible.. but maybe just a little over-hyped..

14. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

that was my point... the entire defense is fantastic, and Revis is an integral part of that, but perhaps not as valuable individually to HIS defense as Woodson was to HIS.

I'm not saying he is a scrub, or that he shouldn't have been in contention (which he was). I am simply saying the obvious... of course most Jets fans, players, coaches and Revis himself think he should have won it... that's not a shocker... thankfully... they don't have the vote.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

For Woodson to receive double the amount of votes than Revis is what annoys me at this point.

16. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

I agree with that sentiment completely. I didn't know the voting was that skewed despite the fact that I don't completely disagree with the final outcome.

#156 SDMisfit, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  17. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Agreed/

Also Love Rex's rant. In yo face, Adam Schein.

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Carlon just called Schein a moron on LoudMouths for not voting Revis hahah.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Andre Johnson didn't have a single worse game than his game against Revis.

Steve Smith's worst game: 1 catch for 4 yards. Against Revis: 1 catch for 5 yards.

Randy Moss had 1 worse game than EITHER of his games against Revis.

Marques Colston: 1 worse game, by 6 yards, in which he only played 1 half.

Terrell Owens had 1 worse game than EITHER of his games against Revis.

Roddy White? 1 worse game.

It's natural for receivers to have a bad game. Guys have off days. To then see so many have their worst game against the same corner? That's the definition of dominant.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

guys this kind of award is just the same as the pro bowl or all pro teams. half the time you dont get the recognition until 2 years after you should have and then you keep getting it 2 years after you shouldnt anymore.

i didnt hear too many people complaining about faneca making the pro bowl. he is on the other side of it. i understand everyone feels that he got shafted but this is just how it works, as shadetree said he will get his day.