Jets/Chargers Divisional Round Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jan 10, 2010.

1. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

If you are going to call attention to the fact that the Cowboys game was a month ago... should you also not mention that your recent "hot streak" consisted of wins over the Colts 2nd string, and 1 of 2 victories over a Bengals team that arguably didn't have much to play for in your first meeting.

Your recent victory over Cinci was impressive... I'm just not sure I am comfortable saying you are on a "hot streak" just yet.

2. ........

........ Trolls

He didn't make an argument for the Jets being the hottest team right now. He made one for the Cowboys, and it's a valid one.

3. sdbound

sdbound New Member

I can't post a link yet so you'll have to put it together.

Coaches discuss Rivers: msn. foxsports. com/ video?vid=ce53c310-4d3b-42c2-be2f-2335b5948a68

4. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

and I counter by saying that we have an 11 game winning streak, and a pretty outstanding record on the road which conssted of a recent victory over that same Cowboy team.

The Cowboys are on a role... no doubt... but the logic that suggests the Cowboys are hotter than the Chargers is flawed.

Time will tell I suppose.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I never said we were?

6. WhiteShoeWillis

You don't think a bye week could have a negative effect on a hot streak?

7. ........

........ Trolls

You're right. Suggesting that the hottest team right now is the one with 3 victories over playoff teams and 2 shut outs in its last 4 games is flawed.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Haven't you figured it out yet? Picking against the Chargers is high treason, punishable but sever anal rape. Get ready, I think you might have drawn Lexington Steel. Dumb mother f*ckers.

San Diego delenda est.

9. sdbound

sdbound New Member

It's easy to argue either side of that one. I'm a homer of course, but I don't see it hurting the Chargers this time around. There is nothing but beautiful silence coming out of Chargers HQ.

Rivers may be jumpy the first few throws of the game though.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

I agree, there's no way to say for sure how they'll react to the bye week. They could come out recharged and even better, or they could come out cold and out of sync.

Because there's no way to know for sure, I'd rather take the team that has played very well for the past month, including last week as the "hottest team" right now.

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

I see a lot of disrespect here for our team. A team that won 13 games. Everything from we played Oakland and KC twice. Well thats 4 wins. We won 13 and you guys played Oakland once yourself for one of your 9 wins. Lost to Miami twice where we beat them. We have beat teams that were playing well and needed a win badly in their house. Dallas really needed a win and we took it to them in their yard.

You all say our run defense is horrible...and it was early on. The last 11 games we are 10th against the run and moved up to 20th overall from 31st. Only have allowed Chris Johnson go go over 100 since then and he did that after we pulled our starters since we were killing them so bad. Held Benson to 53.

Our running game is'nt great but it has gotton better and a couple times have worn defenses down late in games with it. We are getting our starting OC back since week one and he actually has played in a game recently but we have missed him since week one. Lost our starting RT and signed Runyan so the run game is better than it has been and it has always been better than Indy's who you fail to mention is worse and are afraid to play them again.

I certainly think the Jets have a chance, no doubt. Anything can happen. I just think if we play our game and dont turn the ball over, it will be tough for the Jets to win this game.
    Rivers dont get rattled and against the blitz , he has 1440 yards, 13 TD's and 3 INT's with a 104 rating against it. He isnt going to see something new and watches a ton of tape so he will be ready. If he has time, he will find open recievers and not miss them much like Palmer was doing. Palmer was awful even when he had time to throw.

Anyways, i know ill probably get slammed as some other Charger fans have but just trying to point out some things that clearly you guys dont know since you dont seem to have any kind of grasp on our team at all while saying we are overrated for whatever reason. To feel better i guess. Whatever works though.

#511 Boltjolt, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  12. SDMisfit

SDMisfit New Member

I'm not sure anyone has said (or eluded to) that but if you get your rocks off by nerdraging on strangers on the internet... who am I to criticize?

13. sdbound

sdbound New Member

What team are you referring to? Jets or Cowboys?

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Well, The COLTS have failed w/ resting players yet they insisted on resting their players while having a bye...

I think we will see some rust but my concern is a Fatigued West coast trip vs a bunch of fresh speed demons....

We gotta hit all game..make em quit!

15. WhiteShoeWillis

I've been referring to the Cowboys as the hottest team this entire discussion. I'm not sure how you could be confused?

16. TWDC

TWDC New Member

Im hoping to god rivers is at home confident that he can keep the ball out of revis' hands. I think if anyone has the balls to throw at Revis its Rivers, and he will pay dearly for it if he decides to try.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cute. Really. Nice sense of humor.

San Diego delenda est.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Of course you would....lol, but theres no way you can say your team is been hotter than ours. Or the Cowboys. You got as gift from Indy and we still beat the Redskins after only playing our starter two series and went up 10-0. Dallas has won three straight and they are the hottest team? Is 3 more than 11?

I know one thing. This team is very focused this time around and arent just happy to be there in the playoffs. Maturity is the key this year.

19. sdbound

sdbound New Member

I've always thought that that excuse was lame, west coast teams travel alot more and their coaches/FO's don't complain.

20. TWDC

TWDC New Member

Playing indy's starters for a half is much less of a gift than playing the redskins.