I think the Patriots Era is finally over, now we can control the East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 10, 2010.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Well I dont know if there era is over.. I honestly think the team ran through Wes Welker even though everyone seem to think Randy Moss was the show case. Its showed and proved that Randy Moss is only vertical and once you have him in your grasps he gives up fighting for yards.. That being said we really have to be concerned with the no salary cap next year basically if you got the money you could sign who ever.

2. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Yes, Pats have a lot of early picks over the next 2 years. 1 first and 3 seconds this year and 2 firsts and a second in 2011

#82 TonyIommi, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I think they win those super bowls by cheating. Ever since they got caught by cheating, they went down like water fall.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

For a little guy that thrives on cutting up the middle of the field...with that type of injury...thats no lock.

Lets face it....the Pats are both in trouble..or a few signings away from being back on top. I pick trouble. Their offensive line is crumbling and done. The Pats are, in my eyes, a 9-7 team to be feared.

Far cry from an undefeated season not so long ago.

The Jets will be the favorite in the East next year.

5. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

The 18-1 season was after Spygate.

6. jaywayne12

Which means nothing to the East for the next couple years. I have no doubt that the Pats will be back. All great teams have to go through what the Pats did this year..giving away older quality for future picks.

As a Jet fan...the mini rebuilding couldnt come at a better time.

7. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Even if they were using video you still have to play the game so thats not an excuse... the jets were poorly executing at that time...

8. 624

624 Banned

It was 17-1 after spygate, oh and I'm sure you remember if you won the Superbowl or not that year.

9. jaywayne12

Not a real believer that the tapes brought them Super Bowls..but come on..its a great stat...and a lot of fun. Why did the chicken cross the road....how many Super Bowls have you won post taping.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Whether or not the tapes helped them win those 3 Super Bowls, they had great teams (better than the Jets) for most of the decade.

11. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

isnt it basically like exchanging game film or getting game film on the team?

12. jaywayne12

Incredible teams...much better then the Jets in every phase of the game...(even taping...dont ruin the fun TG).

13. jaywayne12

Not at all.

They taped the OC's and DC's..and their signal calling (there was even a tape of a Jet coach giving the guy taping the finger).

And some teams did a terrible job at changing their calls...so shame on them. But its not the same as game film..filming the players and their schemes.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im more worried about us stringing together 2 impressive seasons back to back under a new coach.

15. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

You've never played for a team where its a rivalry and the other team knows your plays you just have to make dummy calls.. and if they knew they were taping thats even more reason to give them a fake signal

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

yup, unproven picks that you will have to pay (possibly) whose expense will come at the expense of experienced players. unless they all turn out to be home runs, having all of those high picks can equally, if not more likely, leave your team with overpriced role players. I wouldn't dance in glee over having an abundance of picks just yet as the Pats holes run pretty deep, more than a few picks will fix.

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

How many Super Bowls have the Pats* won since wireless radio communication has been put into place for defensive players?

18. JetsLookingforDWare

If they sign Merriman or draft a pass rusher...or shit...do both...their D will be right back. I really like their young secondary with Merriweather, Butler, and Chung.

They better not steal Oghobaase though...that'd be dickish.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It's hard to own our division when we can't beat the fuckin' Dull-Phins!

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Pats are rebuilding but so are we and the Dolphins and the Bills. It would be nice to win the division and maybe break 11 wins once before we talk about dominating the division.