I think the Patriots Era is finally over, now we can control the East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 10, 2010.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Considering how young our team is, it does look like the tide is finally turning in our favor. The Patriots have gradually been fading away from their dynasty for the past few seasons. New decade, new team, AND THE HOME OF THE JETS!

2. pdpullmn612

pdpullmn612 New Member

i never watch pats games, but I had to watch this one! it was too good to miss. i wish someone could get a video of brady crying in the locker room...that would just make my day even better!

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

We have a good chance to claim this division right now, but the Patriots have a lot of rookies coming up. There's no guarantee that we're the favorites yet.

San Diego delenda est.

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Brady is a class act, no problems with him.

My problem is with Belichick and Kraft.

5. CatoTheElder

Are you kidding me? He throws the same shit fits at the podium as Belichick. Not to mention his "coverage is interference" demeanor on the field. He's a smug prick just like his coach. Fuck both of them.

San Diego delenda est.

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

PRECISELY . . . They are run SO well from an organizational perspective. They do a tremendous job of trading away veterans on the downside of great careers for draft picks. They always have SO many fucking picks it's just ridiculous. I think us and the Pats will be fighting for the division every year until Brady retires, however, I simply don't see them going away anytime soon.

#46 slimjasi, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  7. NEJets

NEJets Member

They also wasted tons of draft picks...... I am in Boston I hear Pats fan whining every day on WEEI. The only good pick for last 3 years is Mayo pick last year, he looked lost this year after winning DROY last year.

8. CatoTheElder

Sebastian Volmer looks like a good pickup.

San Diego delenda est.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

the pats arent great drafters at least not with this FO..

they are all a FA team

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The OP is half right. The Patriots dominance in the east is over. The result is likely to be a rotating division power over the next few years, like from 1997-2000 when a different team won the division each year. We'll find out along about 2014 if there is a new dynasty forming in the AFC East. By then Kris Jenkins, Shaun Ellis, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Tony Richardson and Jay Feely will be retired and the majority of our other current starters will be over 30, which is why I doubt that you can project dynasty off of this roster at the moment.

11. SdChargeher

SdChargeher New Member

The pats went from super bowl champ to wild card drop out. something tells me in this uncapped season upcoming that boston is going to spend some dough. I'm so glad this isn't baseball where the spankees n bo sox can buy their way to titles.

12. Jet-Tastic

Jet-Tastic New Member

Can't count them out yet, they still have Brady and Bill Bellicheat.
    But I can see us becoming the AFC easts team of the decade. We are loaded with young talent and Rex and Mark will grow togeather:jets:

Im actually a little more scared of the Fish. Parcells has a lot of young talent there and Henne seamed to get better every week:eek:hmy:

One thing we can count on, the Bills will continue to suck:buffaloblows:

13. Jets80win

Jets80win New Member

Yea man Patriots are done. This is gonna be the Jets decade to remember.

14. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I don't know. If this Jets team can pull it together the way they have over the last third of this season and Sanchez can gain some real chemistry with his receivers in the offseason, we could be the new monster of the AFC East over the next several years - and still have alot of those older guys on the roster...

Ryan's rookie season out of the way... Sanchez's rookie season out of the way... maybe a couple quality new draft picks...

I'm not saying it will necessarily happen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us atop the division over the next several years - and that includes beating the Pats alot more often than we have over the last decade.

:jets:

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Pouha is average and 31 in less then a month. lol wtf was that name thrown in there for, how bout keller instead.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Mangold / Ferguson draft was huge. 2 young Pro Bowl OL. Thats where it starts. Obviously other great players have been added to form a great young nucleus. Hopefully the can knock off the Bolts and keep on rolling.

17. CatoTheElder

If we cannot get it done this season, just think about how much better this team is going to be in a year after a strong draft class and a full season of experience under the belts of the rookies(Ryan included). This team has a lo to be proud of already. Chief among those is the fact that they are not yet satisfied.

San Diego delenda est.

18. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

fair point, cato. but we all assumed the same a year ago ? and watched the Dolphins sieze the division after the pats' injuries seemed to create a vacuum.

19. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

I found it curious how Bellichick started showing some emotion as the season grew on. I think that there was a lot more going on behind the scenes in Patriots land and it became a very stressful season for him, players were not falling in line anymore and are growing tired of the ice king. I am predicting a complete Randy Moss melt down by next season, probably after his first visit to Revis Island!

20. TheDon

TheDon New Member

I agree the Pats are in a slide and with all the assistants that have left along with Scott Pioli Belichick will have a hard time righting the ship alone. What I will obviously disagree with the OP on is the fact that the division is now yours. While I'm impressed with the team being built up there I am equally impressed with the foundation we are building in Miami and think we will be fighting it out for years to come. With both franchises seeming to finally have the QB spot shored up (knock on wood) it should be a lot of fun to watch over the next 10 years or so.

Edit: I just noticed the OP stated he feels the Jets CAN control the division not Will so I stand corrected. I can't argue that it's possible that you could I just don't think you will. I actually think 10 years from now we will have about the same amount of east crowns and similar success in the playoffs.

#60 TheDon, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010