Rolando McClain

Discussion in 'Draft' started by yanks9596, Jan 4, 2010.

1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

I have not watched much college football this year, but by many accounts McClain appears to be one of, if not the best pure LB in the 2010 draft class.

Now, I am of the opinion that a 3-4 team can never have enough capable linebackers, and although we have Scott and Harris plugging in the middle, I would love to upgrade BT's spot on the outside. Is there any chance McClain could play outside as a rush OLB, or is he strictly a thumper in the middle?

It would seem to me that if McClain is pigeonholed as an ILB, then he will be available when the Jets are on the clock.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

First, McClain will be a top 10 pick. One of my favorite players in this draft. An intelligent player that loves football and is a filmroom junkie.

McClain is a pure ILB.

3. 1EyeWalker

1EyeWalker New Member

Im pretty sure that Bart Scott is able to play OLB should we draft an ILB.

4. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

whats his Physical stature?

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I wouldn't move Scott to the outside, Scott isn't an off the edge rusher.

Our ILB's are set for quite a few years. Rolando McClain is a big ILB...6' 4" close to 260lb.

Sec Defensive player of the year. Not on the same level as Patrick Willis, who is quicker and a little smaller, but has all the ability to be a solid ILB in either a 4-3 or 3-4.

McClain is one of my top players in this draft and is close to being a "can't miss" prospect. I know LBs usually don't go high in the draft, don't be surprised to see McClain go before Mayo's spot a few years ago.

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Eh...

The thing Scott does better than just about any linebacker in the league, (and the thing he doesn't always get credit for) is he runs right into blockers. Not many linebackers take pride in hitting a guard or a fullback. There are no stats for that kind of contribution, unless you consider David Harris' success a Bart Scott stat.

Scott's been worth every penny, IMO, because he savors the selfless violence of destroying blockers.

7. N8n619

N8n619 New Member

I have read a lot of Mocks having Denver picking him up