Kerry Rhodes REFUSES to say he wants to stay in NY.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

This deserves his own thread.

It's not about his performance, KR got his act toghether and is playing well...

In the after-game interview to the direct question: "Would you like to be back with the JETS next year"? He said:

1) The Jets told him they want him back.

2) He refused to say I'd like to be back or anything like that.

3) All he could say was AT THE MOMENT (10 times in 3 minutes), I'm just concentrated on the next game etc etc (same crap every player says when they don't want to answer). I'm sorry I can't remember the exact words but they were as non-commital as possible... he really wants out.

What an A-hole... at this point if we get a 2nd rounder for him (possible considering his recent performances) or use him to trade up and get Berry I say I don't care how good he plays... fuck him and goodbye Rhodes!

His contract also has to be taken into consideration... I don't want to give 7 mill a season to a guy who doesn't give a crap about staying on this team.

PS Again... I think he is playing well now.. I just don't want that big of a diva with no team concept on the team. I want a REX RYAN mentality team...

#1 Mambo9, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

hopefully this national tv game gave some teams a few impressions.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

like i said in other threads.....i'm glad Rhodes is playing well...this should drive up his trade stock.....I'd like to see us get a 3rd rounder for him.

fuck that egomaniac.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

trade KR to the vikings. not too many modeling ops in minnesota.......

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah whatever. If his feelings are hurt because he played like trash all season so be it.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Sounds like some jealousy towards Revis, who's been getting all the press this season...and deservedly so...the press that is... not the jealousy...

7. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Finally saw him play as aggressive as he should have been all season but fuck him. Let him go, we'll find a replacement for him. He's overrated anyway.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Rex brought in a "team first" attitude.....Rhodes clearly hasn't bought into it......

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

When he smashed Ocho Cinco I was pumped. Thats how we expected him to play all season. Maybe it just took him awhile.

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Exactly... and that isn't really a surprise. That's sad because he can be a good player when he wants to but if he has to bitch his entire career for being benched when he deserves I say give an extra 500k to E. Smith, B. Smith and other guys who deserve it more instead of wasting 7 mill a season on him

I know, I was pumped too... but everytime he speaks it just destroys everything he does on the field. And I think at the end of the day that can be detrimental to the team.

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

rhodes is effing stupid

the reason why you were benched was because you sucked. now you're playing good. the fans and coaches won't hate you anymore. We don't like people who talk and do nothing. Kerry Rhodes talks a big game and plays a soft game which was why he was bashed by everyone.

He's finally playing more physical.

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im not a huge Rhodes supporter..in fact...I wanted him out. With that said..he has played better and better since the benching.

And in fairness...he said the Jets have told him they want him back. That was his way of saying yes. Could he have just said it? Sure..but he clearly has bought into team first the last 4 weeks and is playing much better...and will be a factor next week....again.

13. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

he ran that fumble recovery back like a kid with cerberal palsy...fuck him he sucks.

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How in the world does that mean he is saying yes.

I'm telling you it didn't sound like that at all!

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

See how he picked up that fumble and was running with no one near him and got caught from behind ? Slow as shit.

16. jaywayne12

Because he is a stubborn jerk off. I saw it too...and he rolled his eyes like...I dont want to go down this road right now. If he meant to say no..he would have said..lets see what happens after this year...why would he say they have told me they want me back.

I think he was surprised by the question and it was more like..its not if I want to come back..its if they want me back..he has no choice regardless.

There is no way I took that to mean he doesnt want to come back.

17. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Too bad Mike Holmgren runs the Browns now... we could have gotten a 2nd rounder and Cribbs for KR.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

That was really bizarre... he was showboating. He had the TD. But oh no, he had to start styling his way to the end zone... and he got tackled. Rhodes needs to go. He has the talent, but he does not have the desire or motivation. He's a prima donna without the numbers.

He's so egotistical... it would not surprise me if he read posts in forum like this. He expects to see praise... and he pouts when he doesnt get it. Twitter fool.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

In the same interview he said he turned around to see if someone was chasing him and tripped himself up by doing that... -.-" how lame is that?

It would be soo perfect if we got a #2 rd pick for him... but I don't really see it happening... We'll also have to see how many S declare for the draft... there are some very good underclassmen.

20. jaywayne12

Are you talking about the interview on SNY? The post game show? He said the guys were busting him because a white guy caught up to him also. That got a little uncomfortable for a second...but he said its a clubhouse thing that you should never get caught by a white guy.