17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nope NOTHING in the offer says I have to ante up 15Gs for a PSL as well. I posted EXACTLY what I received about the offer. The way my son & I see in the offer is that they are allowing us to turn in our front row outdoor seats for most likely back bench indoor seats for a xtra $70.00 pper seat per game & NOTHING MORE!

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes, I'm afraid it's a little like taxes. Once they get a taste of how easy it is to collect the money, they never go back.

By getting people to pre-pay, they know if you don't show up for the game, at least they've been paid all the money they can collect in advance. No way are they going back now.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Being able to upgrade to a PSL location without ever having to pay the PSL would be a very good offer indeed, if that truly is the case. There's an easy way to find out the details... just pick up the phone today and give them a call.

I think this would raise hell with the rest of their PSL sales though. I can't imagine the number of irate phone calls they'd receive from people sitting next to you who have already forked over the dough, not to mention sales going forward. I can hear it now... "What do you mean I have to pay the PSL? You're moving people from the Upper Deck and not requiring one from them, so why should I have to pay?"

4. Section 227. Row 5

The strength of this thread has always been the valuable updated posts from people selecting their seats, and therefore the posting of information as to what's still available, etc.

The contributions have "deteriorated" because no one has reported anything of late... which tells us one of two things. Either they are buying the PSLs and not bothering to post here, or no one is buying squat. I think it's the latter.

5. championjets69

Yes that is correct we did call them & it is just a swap from outdoors to indoors with no PSL attachment. The rep is checking for us if is for just a short period of time until they sell the PSL for those seats & then we are evicted & it that case can we also retain our outdoor seats as a insurance policy in case those seats are eventually sold as PSLs.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Be carefull with these guys, Champ... I know I don't have to tell you that because you already know. Make sure you get any kind of "insurance policy," as you call it, in writing. You've got great seats there... probably dollar for dollar the best value in the entire stadium bar none, and that goes for either Jets or Giants. So I wouldn't give them up anyway. They're oin your son's name with good seniority... just hold onto them and take whatever else comes along if it's a good value for now (without PSL of course).

I'm curious as to why you're the only one who has gotten this email. Are they starting over again, seniority-wise, and combing through the list one more time? Don't forget that they're hiring new, aggressive sales people and putting them on mostly commission. That will undoubtedly generate a whole new wave of these kinds of "offers,"... emails from people who have been given the seniority list and who will be shotgunning out offers that sound inviting as hell, enticing people to engage in conversation with them about these locations, only to find out later on that the devil is in the details and it's the same old pig with a new coat of lipstick.

7. championjets69

Thanks for the warning & U can B assured that if we take them up on the offer EVERYTHING will be in writing. Amazing when U have to go to those lenght's but regrettably it is the only way to protect yourself.

As for the offer itself maybe others also got it but do not bother to access TGG. We feel quite certain we were just not the only ones "picked" out of the crowd.

Thanks for the kudos on the tix & yes I agree I came out of it OK but I also feel slighted as others who had much later seniority then us but in Woody eyes had "better" LD & Mezz seats then us got dibs over us & got seats more nearer the 50 yd line then we wound up. I know that may sound a bit cheesy based on where my seats are in the new stadium but having been on board since 65 but having chosen UD seats then I in a way was penalized for my decision.

As for the offer itself I do not know why we honored for the offer but maybe the ROJF who appears to have a "in" can find out the reason the offer was made.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Wow, if they are starting to sell these seats without a PSL all hell will break loose.

I can't imagine this being the case, definitely keep us posted-

If that is the case, Good Job!!

9. championjets69

I posted the EXACT offer. If U do not believe me send me ur snail mail address & I will send U a copy of the offer

10. MadBacker Prime

Oh no I believe the offer, it just makes nor mention of PSL's right?

I think they are luring people in and then springing the, "oh and here is the PSL bill".

If this is the case wouldn't everyone in those sections starting asking for refunds?

11. championjets69

As I have repeated SEVERAL times I posted the EXACT offer. Just send me ur snail mail & I will happily send U a copy since U do not appear to believe that I have such a offer in hand. I also posted that we contacted them & CONFIRMED no PSL is involved. We are awaiting there reply if the no PSL will continue for years 2011 & beyond. We are also awaiting there reply if we have to give up our outdoor seats for the indoor seats

12. Section 227. Row 5

One has to surmise that this email offer is just another 2010 shade of lipstick on the same old pig. The Jets are aggressively hiring ShamWow, SlapChop sales types and putting them on straight commission, which opens up the door for all kinds of crazy, unbelievable, seemingly "too good to be true" offers. This is the sales equivalent of taking the gloves off. I suspect they're being run through a crash course on how far they can go, then turned loose with an email list to throw out any kind of introductory crap they can get out there to generate a response. Make it sound real good and leave out the ugly details. What do they have to lose? It costs them the price of an email.

Once they get a response, they have a prospect with an actual pulse who they might be able to entice into a PSL situation or eventual PSL situation after an "introductory" period, for example. If they generate 100 responses with a cleverly worded email and only get 3 sales from it, so be it. It's still 3 more sales than they had before. It's the same old story of "shovel enough shit against the barn door and eventually some of it will stick."

13. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

I received the same offer via a postcard. Since he has such good uppers I think they must be going thru list again starting at 1977..and sending them

14. MadBacker Prime

Wow-

I am speechless, lucky for you though!!

Sorry for the repetitiveness, I just can't imagine the outcry from this.

Are these seats more comparable to the seats you have in the current stadium?

15. longsufferingjetsfan

As the offer says it is for "club seats' which of course have a PSL starting at $7500.

16. MadBacker Prime

That was the postcard that said come in from the cold, I don't think this is the same offer.

17. championjets69

There indoors so that makes them immediately better at least IMHO. However the question is are they worth $700.00 per seat per season more then my front row UD outdoor seats are & will the offer continue for 2011 & beyond.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

champ, you keep saying indoor seats. your actual seats will still be outside.the indoor part is the food area with lcd tv's.you are aware of this, right? not that there are seats indoors looking at the live playing field.

you can stand at the glass and watch live football but there arent indoors rows of seats.

19. championjets69

The offer says unlimited access to a indoor lounge so naturally I take that to mean I can watch a game indoors rather then outdoors

20. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

He mentioned in a post how it says come in from the cold..

Did anyone else get the postcard?..It didnt not mention a psl price, of course it wouldnt on the postcard, just like it doesnt when they advertise.