Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. PatriotWarrior

Here's hoping the Jets knock off those damn Colts :beer:
    (Hopefully you guys don't have any certain "4th down" situations)

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Really it's not. And the rest is the problem. The odds on 3 other games going the way the Jets need them are very low. In fact in this entire run up to week 16 the Jets have been ridiculously lucky in how games turned out. Basically almost every game has gone the way they needed it too.

They screwed the pooch last week and gave all of that up.

3. allan1

allan1 Active Member

They happen to our opponents fairly frequently

Jets aren't winning today. bet your life.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If I want to put a 3 team parlay on Philly, New England, and Baltimore, in which the only way I get paid out is by winning all 3 games, I could bet $10 to win $17.91. So it's basically +180 for all 3 things to happen.

But then you throw in this week's Dolphins and Bengals games, and there's a possibility either team could lose, especially Miami. I'd say there's a better than 50-50 chance everything else goes our way.

The Jets have been lucky in how the games need to turn out because none of these teams are that good, just like the Jets. The hardest part is the Jets winning out. If we do that, I think we'll be in. It's no lock, but that's the grave we dug ourselves.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think it is very likely that 3 out of 4 teams lose one remaining game, considering the opponents and the fact that each of those teams hasn't exactly been a model of consistency either. I would be very surprised if Jax and Denver win against two team still fighting for playoff positioning at home, which would leave Miami needing to lose to either Houston or Pitt.

The hard part was always winning these last two games, specifically this one and it still is.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Thanks, man. This will make watching football today pretty damn interesting.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Week 16 Rooting

NY Jets defeat Indianapolis Colts (4:15)

San Diego Chargers defeat Tennessee Titans (done)
    Houston Texans defeat Miami Dolphins (1:00)
    New England Patriots defeat Jacksonville Jaguars (1:00)
    Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Baltimore Ravens (1:00)
    Philadelphia Eagles defeat Denver Broncos (4:15)

8. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

3-0 Texans. The dolphins are such a bad team, how the heck did we lose to this team twice.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

As much as they suck the Jets suck worse.

10. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Well NE is up by 28 against JAX and Houston is up 27 on Miami ... right near the end of the first half ... Good Start ....

Pitt is also up 3 on Baltimore

11. gulbane

gulbane Member

Things seem to be going well today as far as teams that need to lose, losing. Mia is down by 27, Jax down by 28, Ravens down by 3. Damn, good friggin luck the Jets have. Now they just need to friggin win!

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I havent read the thread, but we need EITHER Ravens or Broncos to lose, not both. At 3PM, (4PM ET) we may control our own destiny and it certainly looks like it right now with Houston thrashing Dolphins, NE beating the crap out of Jags and Pittsburgh leading Ravens by 20-10.

13. MondayNightMiracles

holy crap things are going well for the jets right now...go pats, texans and steelers!!!

14. Br4d

None of their opponents are particularly good either. That's the rub. The Jet's opponents on the other hand are. It's pure random chance at this point and the odds aren't all that good that the random side will go in the Jet's favor, even if they can do the harder part and beat two good teams in a row.

Look at what we have at halftime today: the Jaguars and Dolphins are getting destroyed by their opponents and we still have factors in play that could eliminate the Jets (wins by Ravens and Broncos does that or a loss by Jets.) All of this assuming that the Dolphins don't have another wild finish and manage to come out on top against a Houston team that has had that happen once already this year.

What I'm trying to say is it's all a mirage. The Jets are the little old lady sitting at the Bingo table with 4 in a row and waiting for her number to come out of hat. Could it happen? Yes. Odds? Probably 50-1.

15. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

It sucks, because Im so used to waiting for my guts to be ripped out, that even if they win and everyone else loses, im scared shitless for the cincy game.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

If Denver wins, we'd be playing NE in the playoffs. Of course that means we have to win out, leads remain the same this wk in Miami, Baltimore and Jacksonville games.

If Denver loses, we'd be playing Cincinnati Bengals in playoffs. I'd rather play Bengals in playoffs than Brady.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If both lose, the Jets are in line for a 5 seed, where they would play the Bengals, who would be playing their backups while we're playing all out...just so we could face them again the next week.

19. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

If they both win out, they go over us if we win out. A loss by either this week or next with us winning out puts us ahead of either of these teams.

As as been said hundreds of times on this board this week, hardest part is us winning out. The rest is and will work out most likely.

20. Br4d

The thing that's really frustrating is that Ryan has brought in a good defensive plan and things have come together on that side of the ball and the Jets are still losing to defensive collapses at the end of the game.

The attitude around the Jets is no better than it was last year at the end of the season, or in 2000 when they folded like a card table, or in 1993 when they lost 4 out of 5 at the end to miss the playoffs. They're still going to find ways to lose games that they have no business losing.

That's the thing that just sucks. Bruce Coslet, Al Groh, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, same results. The Jets have completely turned over their roster like 3 times in the last 17 years and the thing that has remained is the stench of failure.